The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2 years later...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Innitnwin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
800%
Jun 6, 2016
A powerful book, which fueled:
A first business
A mild success
A long-distance move
A return
A failure
A career change
A return to school
A shitty job or 3
A landing
A strategy

Within a month of reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I quit my full-time job with an anemic amount of savings to start a small business. My entirety was in it.

I made sleek business cards and bought a domain name and hosting services with premium protections. I spent about 2-3 weeks making art assets and tinkering with layout, HTML, and CSS.

6 weeks passed. I had an attractive, simplistic, and efficient website ready to go.

It was time to go out and find some customers! However...

I missed a vital period of time where demand for my service was at its highest because I was too busy fine-tuning the website. I spent a lot of money - more money then I ever would have needed to spend - on the website.

I wasn't getting income and got broker by the day. A lot of my time and the scant savings I had were being spent on unnecessaries. Given the nature of things going to shit, my car, my phone, and my computer all started dying out right after I stopped working.

There was ZERO to little communicating with the outside world or my industry... Let's say that Nintendo just finished making the best game they've ever come up with. They would likely release it to the world and do their best to tell everyone about it. It would be wise for them to do so, wouldn't it? If they shelf it or spend their time worrying about the box art and let it be forgotten, they would be left just as broke from their efforts as I was.

It didn't end pretty. It took 4-5 months to get my first customer. It was very rewarding, but the business was ultimately a huge failure.

I went back to step 1 afterwards: trade school and terrible jobs. Just recently, I landed an apprenticeship in the trade I study. Now the bulk of my time is spent becoming more immersed in an industry that I am using to construct my next fastlane in the near future.

2 months ago, I got a nice deal on a pickup truck. I was toying around with some ideas to make money on it. Hauling was well-served. Poison ivy removal was what I settled on. Drawing from my old mistakes, I got right to the point. I already had the tools I needed, so I just had to gather them. I made a flyer with some damn good copy and good price points. A $5/mo business line would have been my only core expense. It only took 3 hours to do this. In that small amount of time, I was more ready to do business than I was after 6 weeks of disorganized, non-stop work my first time around.

I have no amazing success story to share yet, but game-changing failures have inched me closer to it. I am nowhere near ready to start my next business, but I know what I need to do first to get there. I'm getting closer.

Thank you for redpilling me out of the Matrix, MJ DeMarco. I would rather fail 100 times against our heavyweight reality than win a fight with powderpuff mediocrity and call it a sure success.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Get something done. Don't let 3 years get here without some success.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you for redpilling me out of the Matrix, MJ DeMarco. I would rather fail 100 times against our heavyweight reality than win a fight with powderpuff mediocrity and call it a sure success.

You're welcome. Keep grinding, it's part of the game. I know when I see people continually stepping to the plate and taking swings, they'll eventually get hits. Those who step up once, swing and miss, and call it a game, never succeed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.