The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1st sale after 2 years

Share your FTE moment...

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
I made a site 2 years ago and just made a sale. I have no idea how it happened as I left the site alone as a portfolio site long ago.

The profit isn't much but I was thinking of repeating the process. I have Google Analytics on my site can I use that or any other way to figure out what keyword term/place that customer used?

Or should I contact the customer directly?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Yes, you can but only if you've set up goals.

I just pulled up one of my sites to show you how to check:
1) Login to your Google Analytics Account
2) In left menu: Click on: Acquisition > Keywords > Organic
3) You will then be able to see the Keyword that generated the sale. (see screenshot below)
*Since you only have 1 sell; it will be easy to spot.

aYThMgl.png

If you don't have goals set-up; you might be able to use their reverse funnel to identify where the sell came from. But, it depends on your traffic. If the site gets any amount of traffic it will be difficult to identify without goals set up. (Setting up goals only takes a minute-- if you haven't done it yet, do it!)

Hope that helps.

Warrior

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 28, 2012
Yes, you can but only if you've set up goals.

I just pulled up one of my sites to show you how to check:
1) Login to your Google Analytics Account
2) In left menu: Click on: Acquisition > Keywords > Organic
3) You will then be able to see the Keyword that generated the sale. (see screenshot below)
*Since you only have 1 sell; it will be easy to spot.

aYThMgl.png

If you don't have goals set-up; you might be able to use their reverse funnel to identify where the sell came from. But, it depends on your traffic. If the site gets any amount of traffic it will be difficult to identify without goals set up. (Setting up goals only takes a minute-- if you haven't done it yet, do it!)

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help! I'm working on a Magento ecommerce store. I went to "System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics" but there is says Google Analytics is not enabled.......does that mean that I won't get to know where that client came from from Google Analytics?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Thanks for the help! I'm working on a Magento ecommerce store. I went to "System > Configuration > Sales > Google API > Google Analytics" but there is says Google Analytics is not enabled.......does that mean that I won't get to know where that client came from from Google Analytics?

Just login directly through Google Analytics: http://www.google.com/analytics/

The API is more of an add-on for Magento stores and shouldn't be required. In other words, if the API is disabled, that doesn't mean you don't have Google Analytics on the site; it just means you aren't using the API function. If you can't find your site after logging into analytics THEN you have a problem.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.