The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 Year Old Who is Aspiring to Become an Entrepreneur

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
We all meet beautiful women. Extraordinarily handsome men. In our business life. Compliments are always a bonus. But they should be given discreetly. And in private.
Words to live by.

And it is better to share more detailed things like experiences or personal opinions in private as well.

Today I ran into my girl at a coffee shop.
She looked pretty and bouncy.

I wanted to compliment her there and then.
And talk on more stuff :smuggy::smuggy::smuggy::happy:

However, I cut myself short, as I noticed she had her grandparents with her, and my mum was watching me....

I didn't want my girl and I to be pelted with questions as to who loves who and all that mushy stuff. We aren't ready for that. And she had just came out for breakfast...I wouldn't like to ruin it for her.

So I just said 'hi' and excused myself politely.....:happy:
Kind of difficult to do, but I had to respect my girl.
There's a time for everything.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
"Hey *****. You're a good looking dude. You're a modern day Cary Grant. I bet you have girls . . ." and I've forgotten the rest. I was still fixated on what I considered to be an inappropriate comment. Made more inappropriate because the other entrepreneur wasn't included in the compliment.
On name-calling.....

Let us address each other by our names.

Girls get pegged with nicknames like 'sugar', 'honey', 'darling' and so on.

Nothing wrong with that if you know the girl/boy for years and have a deep relationship.

But these days, young ones think of such buzzwords as pet names to be played around with. It's not.

Even now, I call my girl by her name. I want to know her, respect her, and love her by that name.

I avoid using those new-fangled 'darling' or other sexual innuendos....unless I'm ranting how much I hate the 'dating trend' which has become an orgy of event idealism....

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Welcome,

Have you thought about opening your makeup studio(or whatever the name is)?

Eventually, you can start making your own makeup products after you build a following.

I've seen a lot of popular makeup Instagram accounts like these.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kayla Spriggs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Jan 2, 2018
Columbus Ohio
Welcome,

Have you thought about opening your makeup studio(or whatever the name is)?

Eventually, you can start making your own makeup products after you build a following.

I've seen a lot of popular makeup Instagram accounts like these.
Yes I have! I love the idea of owning my own brand. I’m in the process of learning how to make my own products! My journey will definitely be posted on this forum.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
As a doting husband, I have spent far more on makeup for my wife than most people ever should. She is a former model of sorts, having entered the profession but decided to not pursue it. I am glad to have such a beautiful wife, although physical beauty is only a small part of who she is.

Nevertheless - everyone is vain.

I wanted to point out that several shopping malls we frequent have VERY upscale beauty "parlors" that appear to make a lot of money. I also send her to a spa for a day every now and then for a whole day treatment, including massage and extensive beauty treatments. I'm surprised at how full their calendar always is!

Judging from your picture, you are not afraid to be daring. I would not hesitate to have someone like you tend to my wife on one of her outings. I would not be surprised if she became a "regular" customer of yours either.

With all of that said - I think your goals of producing make up of some kind may be too monumental. That is one very saturated high stakes business, and the players are huge. If I were you, I'd get into the very lucrative salon business of some sort. After learning that business, I would open my own salon - then several after that.

I have a friend that did that for just the quick hair cut type of business and the money he made from renting space to stylists was great. His business was much more low key - not the upper end of the glamour spectrum where I think you should be.

Not everyone can achieve reaching mountain tops. I've been around enough to have a much more realistic view on things. If you owned ONE salon, you would be considered successful by anyone's standards. If you had several, you would be a superstar. If you tried to go up against industry giants, you could be crushed and demoralized to the point of never trying again. I would be proud to have a daughter like you - and for those reasons I am trying to "temper" your dreams to match up with reality more. After you have several salons, you can HIRE a lab to concoct something for you, with you not having to do ANYTHING. They will do it all. Celebrity endorsements are steep for really good ones - and that's where I can help you too. I will work for a pittance of what Johnny Depp would charge you. LOL.

Good luck. Take it one step at a time. Don't try to be a super hero until you can afford to enter that world just for fun. Doing it as your livelihood will just be too much to bite off at this stage of the game.

And, by the way, I take offense at the hot comment too. My wife is hot - she knows it - I also remind her of it enough, but not too much - and she DOES take offense at other people THINKING they can INTRUDE into her "personal space" with such a comment. It IS offensive to INTRUDE and PUSH yourself onto someone using a "compliment" such as this. I have told more than one clod to stand down, sit down, and shut up - in a classy way, of course. And one more thing - I have a LOT of hot women that are close friends of mine. A big part of that friendship is that I treat them with great respect, which they tell me is a rarity among men. I have even had other men ask me to introduce them to these hotties. I always refuse. If they are not man enough to KNOW how to conduct themselves, and if they don't have the confidence, then they don't have enough to offer women in the first place. Funny that they think I would understand, just because I'm a man. I do, but that doesn't mean that I accept their boorish behavior and stunted development of class. Harsh? Maybe - but part of the benefit of being a man is I CAN be more harsh than women, and unfortunately I do have to be every now and then...

Remember me when you are shocked at what Johnny Depp wants...

Last edited:

Kayla Spriggs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Jan 2, 2018
Columbus Ohio
Welcome! As a makeup artist, what is your most present problem?
As a freelance makeup artist what I tend to struggle with is not having enough product for my clients. I tend to run out of face products quicker, which can get pricey. So with that being said, I’m focusing on bringing more people in to make more money to purchase products.

Kayla Spriggs

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
388%
Jan 2, 2018
Columbus Ohio
As a doting husband, I have spent far more on makeup for my wife than most people ever should. She is a former model of sorts, having entered the profession but decided to not pursue it. I am glad to have such a beautiful wife, although physical beauty is only a small part of who she is.

Nevertheless - everyone is vain.

I wanted to point out that several shopping malls we frequent have VERY upscale beauty "parlors" that appear to make a lot of money. I also send her to a spa for a day every now and then for a whole day treatment, including massage and extensive beauty treatments. I'm surprised at how full their calendar always is!

Judging from your picture, you are not afraid to be daring. I would not hesitate to have someone like you tend to my wife on one of her outings. I would not be surprised if she became a "regular" customer of yours either.

With all of that said - I think your goals of producing make up of some kind may be too monumental. That is one very saturated high stakes business, and the players are huge. If I were you, I'd get into the very lucrative salon business of some sort. After learning that business, I would open my own salon - then several after that.

I have a friend that did that for just the quick hair cut type of business and the money he made from renting space to stylists was great. His business was much more low key - not the upper end of the glamour spectrum where I think you should be.

Not everyone can achieve reaching mountain tops. I've been around enough to have a much more realistic view on things. If you owned ONE salon, you would be considered successful by anyone's standards. If you had several, you would be a superstar. If you tried to go up against industry giants, you could be crushed and demoralized to the point of never trying again. I would be proud to have a daughter like you - and for those reasons I am trying to "temper" your dreams to match up with reality more. After you have several salons, you can HIRE a lab to concoct something for you, with you not having to do ANYTHING. They will do it all. Celebrity endorsements are steep for really good ones - and that's where I can help you too. I will work for a pittance of what Johnny Depp would charge you. LOL.

Good luck. Take it one step at a time. Don't try to be a super hero until you can afford to enter that world just for fun. Doing it as your livelihood will just be too much to bite off at this stage of the game.

And, by the way, I take offense at the hot comment too. My wife is hot - she knows it - I also remind her of it enough, but not too much - and she DOES take offense at other people THINKING they can INTRUDE into her "personal space" with such a comment. It IS offensive to INTRUDE and PUSH yourself onto someone using a "compliment" such as this. I have told more than one clod to stand down, sit down, and shut up - in a classy way, of course. And one more thing - I have a LOT of hot women that are close friends of mine. A big part of that friendship is that I treat them with great respect, which they tell me is a rarity among men. I have even had other men ask me to introduce them to these hotties. I always refuse. If they are not man enough to KNOW how to conduct themselves, and if they don't have the confidence, then they don't have enough to offer women in the first place. Funny that they think I would understand, just because I'm a man. I do, but that doesn't mean that I accept their boorish behavior and stunted development of class. Harsh? Maybe - but part of the benefit of being a man is I CAN be more harsh than women, and unfortunately I do have to be every now and then...

Remember me when you are shocked at what Johnny Depp wants...
Thank you for the suggestions and the advice. I will take everyone’s suggestions into consideration as I’m always open to new ideas!

Galaxy16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
Hi everyone! My name is Kayla and I am 19 Years old, turning 20 in February. I'm super excited to be apart of this forum to connect with awesome, likeminded people!

To start off, I am a Makeup Artist located in Columbus, Ohio who aspires to become an entrepreneur. I have a passion for makeup and the beauty industry and I love transforming the way people look and feel about themselves. I've been doing makeup on myself for almost 6 years now, but I just started freelancing not even a year ago.

This all started last year when I had a wake up call, mostly all because my boyfriend of almost 5 years told me what he wanted in life and that he didn't want to be living the slowlane lifestyle forever. I never realized how the system worked and that I was basically under a spell. "Go to school, get a good job, save 10% of every paycheck, retire, then die." To me that is something that really scares me now. Why would I want to live life without achieving anything I want or dream of? I always knew there were people out there who were living their dream becoming millionaires, but I never thought that could be me. Until Now.

I didn't really start taking action until around the middle of 2017. A lot of that year was me being an action faker. I knew what I had to do, I just didn't want to leave the safe feeling of my comfort zone. Once I stopped bullshitting around and really realized that my time is something that I should value more than anything, thats when I started taking control. I started watching a lot of youtube videos on mindset, taking action, and just educational videos like TedxTalks, Gary Vee, Brian Tracy, Bob Proctor, Lisa Nichols, Simon Sinek, and a bunch more. I'm changing my mindset completely, from living the sidewalk and slowlane to living the fastlane.

After reading Think and Grow Rick and TMF , I had a serious kick in the a$$ about how I was thinking and living. It needed to change. Now I can say that I am more focused on the process then the result. As of right now I'm freelancing on models and working with different photographers to build my portfolio and to just get out there. I have recently started a blog about what I know about makeup application, tips and tricks, reviews of products, and more. What I am trying to achieve is owing my own makeup brand. I don't want to create something new, but make the existing products better than everyone else. I've been doing a lot of research on what brands lack, problems, solutions, and ways that I can be a producer and not a consumer. If you read this whole thing and have any questions, tips, or anything else to help that would be awesome! Thanks for reading!
I enjoyed reading it.
You are much smarter than most people at your age, which still behave like teenagers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...