The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

17 Years old Lost Direction

Fokus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 17, 2020
Hello, I'm Edwin, a polish guy, but I live in Lithuania.

Joined the forum 2 years ago, never had the courage to post here.

I've had 3 dropshipping stores and window cleaning hustle.
1 store = FAIL
2 store = FAIL
3 store = FAIL

Window cleaning - approached 25 people and 1 business,
got lucky and made 1 sale- 180$ in 4h + painted balcony 600$ in 40 hours.

I have social anxiety, it was hard for me.

If no masks, probably wouldn't approach any of them,
cause of my disproportional jaw pointed couple degrees down.

Will have double jaw surgery in a year.
Last month finally got my braces, now I can at least SMILE :)

Alright, let's get back to business.

Don't feel like Lithuania with an average 1000$ salary is the best place for Hustle...
And freelance online for 17-year-old either, I won't upload my photo = low trust rate.

Moving on, I learned:
Copywriting
Python all the basics
Video Editing
HTML
CSS
Django - now learning

I had an idea to create databases for customers making it easier to post articles,
add something, just Copy paste in a field and click, DONE.

This way they could post a lot faster and rank up in search engines.

But I started getting doubt about it and started losing my motivation, DIRECTION.

Anyway, I post here to become part of this amazing community
and ask for advice - Should I move in the same direction, or pick another door?

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP
2 months ago, when I had the strongest panic attack I though my heart is going to stop,
my unachieved dreams were the first thing I thought about then.
I didn't want to feel it again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

midnight

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 7, 2020

1 store = FAIL
2 store = FAIL
3 store = FAIL

Don't feel like Lithuania with an average 1000$ salary is the best place for Hustle...
And freelance online for 17-year-old either, I won't upload my photo = low trust rate.

Moving on, I learned:
Copywriting
Python all the basics
Video Editing
HTML
CSS
Django - now learning

I had an idea to create databases for customers making it easier to post articles,

But I started getting doubt about it and started losing my motivation, DIRECTION.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP
2 months ago, when I had the strongest panic attack I though my heart is going to stop,
I'd say we're all a little bit lost in direction when we're doing something that stands out from the crowd, especially if it's trying to play around with the market and find out what we can offer in value. I'm not that much older from you so I can't say anything in advice, but I can tell you as a person that it's normal to feel lost and even fail at times(but that's apart of the game we're playing here :)). I learned myself that self doubt is the byproduct of wanting to change our life for the better. So I'd say embrace the feelings you have right now and just keep going. Now you got one person (that's me) rooting for ya. Cheers :)

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA

1 store = FAIL
2 store = FAIL
3 store = FAIL

Moving on, I learned:
Copywriting
Python all the basics
Video Editing
HTML
CSS
Django - now learning

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP
Welcome and congrats for overcoming so many of your fears and anxiety thus far. What a wonderful future you have ahead of you. It will be wonderful because you are choosing the path you will take and not letting the script steer you. You will stumble, get hurt, get scared and question everything - likely many times. But it will all be worth it as long as you keep pressing forward on your terms.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI

Nick T

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Aug 26, 2020

1 store = FAIL
2 store = FAIL
3 store = FAIL

Moving on, I learned:
Copywriting
Python all the basics
Video Editing
HTML
CSS
Django - now learning

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP

Congrats man!

Super proud of you for taking action. "Ideas don't move mountains, bulldozers do." - Peter Drucker

I remember the days of walking into a business and walking right back out.

What I found though is it wasn't me, but my lack of experience in what I was trying to sell. I didn't have the confidence because I didn't have the time under my belt.

At 17 its hard see how you would have had the time to have mastered the things you are claiming...

You said you learned copywriting, but I PROMISE if you REALLY do learn copywriting... Your selling issues will be more of making the numbers work VS not selling.

You made some sales on foot which is awesome!

You can look at what you did to make those sales, and think about who else is like those people you worked with prior... and go straight to the people who are like them...

For example - The person who paid you $180 for the windows... What kind of business was it, what was the decision maker like, and are there similar ones... make a list of them and see if you can get a higher conversion rate that way. Before you start... have a prepped call to action question... If you are really happy with the job I do, would you mind giving me a testimonial, and referring me to a friend?

Here is some advice I gave another young man that I think might help you...

" Before you try and find a skill/tactic...

#1 - If you are going to do anything for 5 or 10 years figure out who you are... There is a lot of mental growth you will have in the next 5 - 10 years. I've recommended this here already, but take a Meyers Briggs test. There are free tests if you google it. This will help point you to what you will be naturally inclined to do. (Thus help you remain disciplined)

#2 - Have reasons over goals... Whats your real why? Look through a framework of regret minimization. Project yourself to 80 and look back over your life. What you would regret not doing etc.

#3 - Both Fastlane and Unscripted cover how you should be thinking about this. But to sum it up look for things you can have $0 marginal replicatable costs when solving problems or collecting rents.

#4 Leverage the situation to get a business off the ground while you are still at home with little to no bills. Be super strict on your expenses in your business for anything without an ROI.

#5 - Leverage your teachers network while you are in school. Don't be afraid to help someone else get rich first, and with real commitment you may end up with a little equity out of the deal.

You have an awesome opportunity being here so young, if you can really grasp the power of this forum. I have been a part of another group of similar caliber. That group however I had to drop 10k to just be apart of, but it changed my life in a big way."

Someone to learn from...

Someone for you to follow and read would probably be @Lex DeVille He is on point, and adds a lot of value here. Here is a couple posts that might be of interest to you...

Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Should I move in the same direction, or pick another door?

You had 3 failed dropshipping stores. What did you learn from those failures. If you were going to do a 4th, what would you do differently?

How you answer that question, would determine how I answer the question in the quote.

Fokus

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 17, 2020
What did you learn from those failures. If you were going to do a 4th, what would you do differently?
Lead buyers to the product page, not the main page.
Always use Grammarly.
Read Cashadvertising before writing a copy.
Don't use facebook ads on a low budget.
If you want a cheap instagram shoutout, explain that if the ad works, you will buy more.

Take care of the customers.
Do some SEO.
Find a free source of leads.
Try to use google ads.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia

1 store = FAIL
2 store = FAIL
3 store = FAIL

Moving on, I learned:
Copywriting
Python all the basics
Video Editing
HTML
CSS
Django - now learning

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP
Wow man you are 17 and have this mindset, that's awesome man I wish I thought like you when I was your age instead I wasted my time playing competitive video games lol. On dropshipping let me try help you out to help you save time. I have been dropshipping for over a year and haven't made a profit. I have been talking with some dropshipping experts and it was alot more work than I thought.

If you have a niche store and it fails, you have to completely scrap that website restart it, and set up everything else that is required. And you will repeat this process quite a lot. Just keep this in mind. One thing you could do to combat this I guess is think of a business name that doesn't sound like a particular niche, maybe some random word that way you don't have to start a new Shopify account and website.

There are general stores as well but apparently they are a thing of the past, but I have no experience here.

With drop shopping, getting sales is piss easy in my experience. Pick a decent product, you can even have a mediocre website like I did and you will get a sale. But the biggest problem you will face is becoming profitable on your Facebook ads. The problem is that it takes too long for Facebook to find you a customer so by the time you have 1 sale you would have spent more than what it costs to purchase the item that you're selling.

Even my most successful campaigns with 10+ purchases (i know not much) i was still losing money. Not trying to discourage you here, but I wanted to help give you some insight so you know what you are getting yourself into, don't be misled by anyone saying it's easy and these guys on Youtube who make it seem easy, but be careful who you take your advice from. From my experience most these dropshipping gurus don't want to help you but instead get you to buy a course.

In regards to your question should you move in the same direction or pick another door, I can't answer that unfortunately but what I will tell you is that if I did stick to something to a period of 5 years, I would have most likely achieved some level of success.

I can see that you are sort of going all over the shop with learning different things. I have done this and still do it to some degree, I look back at it now and thought if I was more focused I would have reached my goal faster. But that's experience I guess.

Good luck man! I seriously wish you all the best.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Lead buyers to the product page, not the main page.
Always use Grammarly.
Read Cashadvertising before writing a copy.
Don't use facebook ads on a low budget.
If you want a cheap instagram shoutout, explain that if the ad works, you will buy more.

Take care of the customers.
Do some SEO.
Find a free source of leads.
Try to use google ads.
How true is the low budget part? I mean if I spend 5 dollars a day vs 50 dollars a day, is my cold traffic campaign for a dropshipping store more likely to be more profitable? I have spent a decent amount of money on campaigns and I doubt on some products if I spent more, that I'd get more purchases.

DrScream

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Oct 4, 2019
Hey brother,

I just want to remind you that you aren't alone. I just got done crying a few hours ago because my roommates had friends over and they were all college graduates with careers while I'm here trying to create this app to see if I could potentially turn it into a business. I was in my room and everything in my body was telling me that I was a failure and that they had a path but I was doomed to live without direction for life. They're all lies that we tell ourselves.

Each failure (as corny as it sounds) pushes us towards that great big break we catch eventually. Just got to keep pushing through the shit. MJ's book is on my night stand now and I read a little bit before bed (especially the chapters on the 3B's because the bullshit we continually tell ourselves to promote action-faking is unreal.

I'd say I hope you get where you want to be but based on your text, I can tell you'll for sure get there.

I'm only 25 so I'm only a few years older than you and I've felt the same way. I don't think it goes away. We just get better at managing the downturn when our highs inevitably become lows.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...