The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16 websites, looking for funding (will split ads)

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

stewie

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 29, 2012
I own a few .me domains, the first one I bought was mygpa.me and I solo designed and developed a GPA calculator, and now its on the first page of google for the keyword "gpa calculator" and getting good traffic. There aren't ads at the moment. I also finished myduedate.me which is a due date calculator, and I'm currently working on mypdf.me which is a pdf search engine that should be done soon. These sites are built so that you never have to touch them, its a perfect business, and traffic is slowly growing. I'm cranking out more and more sites, slowly.

Heres the problem: I can crank these sites out pretty quickly, alone + design. But I'm a full time student, and I don't have time to hold a job, so I'm running short on server money (all sites run on $40/mo VPS). I'm looking for investors or partners who can pay for server and future SEO costs for a while until sites get bigger traffic, in exchange for equity; I'm willings to negotiate split of future ad revenue or whatever we can figure out.

PM me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I could knock you off in 20 minutes with wordpress. You have nothing that couldn't be done without you.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I'll do it! $40 per month plus I'll help you with SEO

Don't do it buddy, this is one of those BS ridden idiots, if he was making ANY money off of those absolutely shitty domain names (I mean HORRIBLE) than he wouldn't be here shaking his tin cup for money, their is no money to be made here

Edit: Lastly, there is a .com domain owned by someone else for every one of those names, half of your traffic will be going to those if you ever get any, using a .me for a website that does not have a brand around the .me name (yours is alty) is just ridiculous, he won't get anywhere with any of those

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Don't do it buddy, this is one of those BS ridden idiots, if he was making ANY money off of those absolutely shitty domain names (I mean HORRIBLE) than he wouldn't be here shaking his tin cup for money, their is no money to be made here

Edit: Lastly, there is a .com domain owned by someone else for every one of those names, half of your traffic will be going to those if you ever get any, using a .me for a website that does not have a brand around the .me name (yours is alty) is just ridiculous, he won't get anywhere with any of those

Thanks for you concern Mike39

He will need to prove that the domains are his and take them off godaddy auctions.

My condition will be that he transfers mygpa.me to my godaddy account so I own the domain. If it at any time it disappears from the first page then the deal is off and I stop paying but I keep the domain.

gpa calculator gets 368 000 exact monthly searches. It will get some nice traffic as long as it is on first page. (I could use that traffic ;))

Also, there will be more questions etc before I really commit.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
gpa calculator gets 368 000 exact monthly searches. It will get some nice traffic as long as it is on first page. (I could use that traffic )

Also, there will be more questions etc before I really commit.

ugh, don't be an idiot.

mygpa.me is ranked 7th for me and only has 171 backlinks.

schoolgpacalculator.com is available and could outrank these shit .me domains in a week.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 3, 2012
An advantage with your domains would be to turn this into an X number of calculators in one app by the category (health, education, lifestyle, and production). Do the ads there and make the money you can; this is not going to make you a million dollars in your entire life span unless you take the money and look elsewhere.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
At this stage, all on that list are worthless

Apart from this one

mygpa.me (gpa calculator)

So I bought it straight up :) (and negociated a good deal!)

It is clear that allot of hard work had gone into getting it well positioned on google.

A friend of mine, much more savy at SEO than me, has made some suggestions and thinks that within a couple of weeks i should be able to jump from 7 to 3 in the search engine ranking results

With my link I placed a few hours ago I have seen on analytics that mygpa.me has been getting people to my question and answer site.

That is the only reason I wanted it!

EDIT : Purhased the site entirely. Now I have something involving very low maintenance providing me with a constant feed of referral traffic. From a page rank 4 website

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Initial payment? Does that mean (LOL) that there is a residual payment? I have a page rank 1 site I would like to sell you, along with my bridge in North Dakota which I will throw in for free.

This thread is proof to anyone watching that with a little hustle, a little moxie and a little spam, you can sell ANYTHING. Fastlaners, get building widget based sites ASAP.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Initial payment? Does that mean (LOL) that there is a residual payment? I have a page rank 1 site I would like to sell you, along with my bridge in North Dakota which I will throw in for free.

This thread is proof to anyone watching that with a little hustle, a little moxie and a little spam, you can sell ANYTHING. Fastlaners, get building widget based sites ASAP.

Sorry, what I meant by that is initial investment. One off payment. Now I have a page rank 4 website pointing back to my site providing me with decent traffic. One or two tweaks and I'll tripple the traffic at mygpa.me from 100 visitors per day to 300.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Sorry, what I meant by that is initial investment. One off payment. Now I have a page rank 4 website pointing back to my site providing me with decent traffic. One or two tweaks and I'll tripple the traffic at mygpa.me from 100 visitors per day to 300.

So you climb to 300 visits per day, each visitor will see one ad based on your current layout. Right now you will make about $1.50/cpm for most of the remnant ad networks. So let's do some math, 300 visitors * 30 days = 9000 visitors per month each seeing one ad, for 9000 ads, cpm is based on per thousand so we divide 9000/1000 and get 9 times our 1.50, and you get $13.50 a month, and you want to split that with an investor? If you are paying $40.00/month in server fees you are getting taken, you can get an account for all those domains for $8/month at HostGator.com, at least then you would break even.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
I can't believe someone bought one of those.

Rep +

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I bought the site : $300

It is mine

No further payments

I own the domain and all the traffic that comes with it. I can advertise whatever I want on it. I could even sell advertising space on it (which I am not going to)

I could make an Ebook.... How to improve your GPA in ten easy steps (not that I want to, but I have that option now)

What is wrong with my decision to purchase a decent little site?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
BTW. I'll be hosting it on the same servers that I use for my website tell.me. So no additional hosting fees. Tell me where I'm wrong?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL

It is mine

No further payments

I own the domain and all the traffic that comes with it. I can advertise whatever I want on it. I could even sell advertising space on it (which I am not going to)

I could make an Ebook.... How to improve your GPA in ten easy steps (not that I want to, but I have that option now)

Just curious, has the traffic been on par with what he said it would be?

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
Spot on!

We spoke on Skype for about an hour before the transaction went though.

He's a decent person, just broke and a student who needed cash.

Despite what others think, I feel very happy with this site. PR4 and 100+ visits per day with relatively easy way to boost my rankings and traffic much higher.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011

It is mine

No further payments

Nothing is wrong with your choice, you're going to make a bilion dollars.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
you're going to make a bilion dollars.

Are you being sarcastic?

What did you do to make a billion dollars?

I did not buy this site because I thought - Hey, I'm going to make loads of money from it - wtf!

I bought it to give me traffic to another site, plain and simple. What is complicated about that? What is peoples problem with that?

There seems to be allot of jumping on the bandwagon here.

It's pointless and does nothing to aid progression.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
Are you being sarcastic?

What did you do to make a billion dollars?

I did not buy this site because I thought - Hey, I'm going to make loads of money from it - wtf!

I bought it to give me traffic to another site, plain and simple. What is complicated about that? What is peoples problem with that?

There seems to be allot of jumping on the bandwagon here.

It's pointless and does nothing to aid progression.

I sell jello molds.

Anyway, let me say this....Don't paint legs on a snake.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ironic that the OP now wants his account canceled. Guess we hurt his feelings, or, he simply got what he wanted.

CryptO

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Apr 20, 2012
The Blockchain
I dont see anything wrong with your purchase.

Thanks Biophase

Not my fault everybody overlooked the fact that one of those sites was actually good!

Yesterday I got 120 uniques - that lead to 15 clickthroughs to my website tell.me. They were quality traffic because they spent an average of 3.30 mins on site!

I am going to set up an email capture soon to start adding to my lists and maybe a donate button with the promise of a free ebook! How to Beat Exams (or something like that)

For $300 and nothing more, I am more than happy with that (the poor guy sold low because he needed the money too badly). I should be able to tripple the traffic with some simple adjustments to title tags etc.

The way the guy did this has inspired me to start creating, right now, a network of satelite sites that I will use to generate traffic for whatever purposes I want.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.