What's new

15 Minutes a Day to....

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

jpanarra

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 9, 2014
Messages
965
Location
Indianapolis, Indiana
Rep Bank
$2,565
User Power: 293%
It only takes 15 Minutes a day to change your life

I know this because I'm already seeing and feeling the changes.

15 Minutes a day - That’s all it takes

I've struggled with productivity, I'm well aware that I'm much more productive than others. Regardless of this I still struggle to keep up with my own expectations and time is precious. I have a default setting in myself to procrastinate even though I enjoy the work I'm doing. I'm trying to reprogram myself and this is showing some promise.

This is a tactic that I've learned that helped me more than anything else. If you've read the "Power of the Habit" by Charles Duhigg (recommended read btw) you would learn that it takes around 30 days to form a new habit. So I made a simple 30 day Checklist chart for myself and If I do '15 minutes' review of how I did on the habit I'm trying to form and I enter it in a 'notebook' on my OneNote app that day It earns a check from me on that chart.

The idea here is to spend a few minutes to go over your priorities and pinpointing the things that you need to get done to move forward on your immediate goals. Some of the questions that I ask myself during this 'review period' is…

  • What meetings do I have scheduled this week?
  • Are there any emergency emails that need to be addressed right now!?
  • Which tasks can I assign to the time blocks I've made for the day, can I complete it today?
  • Is there an activity that I'm doing recently that is taking my time more than expected?
  • Which 'Just Do It' items I can do today to make a big impact on what I'm trying to accomplish?
  • How well am I doing in [persistent/repeatable daily task]?
  • What is the hardest challenge I'm facing today?

However, this is only one part of the equation that helps me out.

Without having a core project or mission it can be difficult to overcome procrastination.

What I do sometimes is take that 15 minutes just to narrow down the attention by focusing on a very few projects that need to be done. I also classify the projects via categories such as Accomplishment, Enjoyment, Philanthropy and creativity. I also rank them in numeric values based on how critical they need to be done.

I'm a big believer in the 80/20 rule, which was made up by this Italian economist that says 80% of your results often comes from 20% of your effort. This is how I get started on that 80% and get closer to what I'm looking for and 15 minutes is plenty of time to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom