The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 Minutes a Day to....

Anything related to matters of the mind

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
It only takes 15 Minutes a day to change your life

I know this because I'm already seeing and feeling the changes.

15 Minutes a day - That’s all it takes

I've struggled with productivity, I'm well aware that I'm much more productive than others. Regardless of this I still struggle to keep up with my own expectations and time is precious. I have a default setting in myself to procrastinate even though I enjoy the work I'm doing. I'm trying to reprogram myself and this is showing some promise.

This is a tactic that I've learned that helped me more than anything else. If you've read the "Power of the Habit" by Charles Duhigg (recommended read btw) you would learn that it takes around 30 days to form a new habit. So I made a simple 30 day Checklist chart for myself and If I do '15 minutes' review of how I did on the habit I'm trying to form and I enter it in a 'notebook' on my OneNote app that day It earns a check from me on that chart.

The idea here is to spend a few minutes to go over your priorities and pinpointing the things that you need to get done to move forward on your immediate goals. Some of the questions that I ask myself during this 'review period' is…

• What meetings do I have scheduled this week?
  • Are there any emergency emails that need to be addressed right now!?
  • Which tasks can I assign to the time blocks I've made for the day, can I complete it today?
  • Is there an activity that I'm doing recently that is taking my time more than expected?
  • Which 'Just Do It' items I can do today to make a big impact on what I'm trying to accomplish?
  • How well am I doing in [persistent/repeatable daily task]?
  • What is the hardest challenge I'm facing today?

However, this is only one part of the equation that helps me out.

Without having a core project or mission it can be difficult to overcome procrastination.

What I do sometimes is take that 15 minutes just to narrow down the attention by focusing on a very few projects that need to be done. I also classify the projects via categories such as Accomplishment, Enjoyment, Philanthropy and creativity. I also rank them in numeric values based on how critical they need to be done.

I'm a big believer in the 80/20 rule, which was made up by this Italian economist that says 80% of your results often comes from 20% of your effort. This is how I get started on that 80% and get closer to what I'm looking for and 15 minutes is plenty of time to get the ball rolling.

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.