The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

12 KEYS TO SUCCESS From The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson...

For any book discussion

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
One of my favorite mindset books I come back time after time, so I compiled some of the best lessons...

Which number is your favorite and why?
  1. Invest in yourself. Sharpen your axe.

2. "Do the thing, and you shall have the power. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Simple daily disciplines repeated consistently over time add up to the difference betweem failure and success.

4. The simple things that lead to success are all easy to do, but they're also just as easy not to do.

5. What you do today matters, and what you do every day matters, because of the fact that these actions will be compounded over time.

6. "The formula for success? Double your rate of failure" - Thomas J. Watson

7. Successful people fail their way to the top and don't worry about immediate expertise.

8. Your philosophy creates your attitudes, which create your actions, which create your results, which create your life.

9. Consistently repeated daily actions + time = unconquerable results.

10. There is no such thing as a magic bullet or a true overnight success. Any time you see what looks like a breakthrough, it is always the end result of a long series of little things, done consistently over time.

11. Stop looking for that quantum leap -- and start building it. Stop looking for the miracle, and start being the miracle.

12. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success" -Albert Schweitzer

dj-khaled-major-key-artwork-00.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
One of my favorite mindset books I come back time after time, so I compiled some of the best lessons...

Which number is your favorite and why?
  1. Invest in yourself. Sharpen your axe.

2. "Do the thing, and you shall have the power. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. Simple daily disciplines repeated consistently over time add up to the difference betweem failure and success.

4. The simple things that lead to success are all easy to do, but they're also just as easy not to do.

5. What you do today matters, and what you do every day matters, because of the fact that these actions will be compounded over time.

6. "The formula for success? Double your rate of failure" - Thomas J. Watson

7. Successful people fail their way to the top and don't worry about immediate expertise.

8. Your philosophy creates your attitudes, which create your actions, which create your results, which create your life.

9. Consistently repeated daily actions + time = unconquerable results.

10. There is no such thing as a magic bullet or a true overnight success. Any time you see what looks like a breakthrough, it is always the end result of a long series of little things, done consistently over time.

11. Stop looking for that quantum leap -- and start building it. Stop looking for the miracle, and start being the miracle.

12. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success" -Albert Schweitzer

View attachment 17355
For the record, I love them all, but I think my favorite is #2:

"Do the thing, and you shall have the power"

...because it's always about the execution, right? :cool:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Nice share!

Personally, my favorite is #10.
“There is no such thing as a magic bullet or a true overnight success. Any time you see what looks like a breakthrough, it is always the end result of a long series of little things, done consistently over time."
Because that’s how it starts, right?
  • True for the coder.
  • True for the copywriter.
  • True for the designer.
  • True for the marketer.

Last edited:

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Nice share!

Personally, my favorite is #10.
Because that’s how it starts, right?
  • True for the coder.
  • True for the copywriter.
  • True for the designer.
  • True for the marketer.
It's so true!

Actually in the middle of the book Mastery (on Audible) which speaks to exactly that...

upload_2018-1-5_23-8-39.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/014312417X/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Long, but amazing read

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SV25

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 30, 2017
Ohio
Great stuff ,

I would have to say #8 hits me hard !!

All_In52

Today
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 9, 2016
Great Post. I have been re reading this book and it's filled with wisdom.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.