The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

101 Ways To Annoy Potential Customers - #1 Lie By Misrepresentation

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Sinjen

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jan 8, 2013
#15 Requiring phone contact with sales people, or phone contact at all

"When can I get on your calendar for 15 minutes? I have the 13th at 1pm, the 14th at 8am...etc...available."

You can't. I sent an email, reply by email. Answer my questions.

If you want to meet the person in a company who knows the least about the company's product or service, talk to the salespeople.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
yep, no address or phone? an automatic skip.

Lie #3 - Hiding

I can't tell you how many times I've checked the contact page of a company's website, and found no address listed. Very frustrating. I'm often trying to find more info on the company to determine if I want to do business with them, and they appear to be hiding their identity/location. I need to know if the contact is a domestic manufacturer, offshore manufacturer, distributor, importer, etc. and finding their actual address is part of the discovery process.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
#30 Being asked for prices directly and then answering with "it depends on what you go for" explaining the options but still not giving the prices, and then asking the enquirer to go to another site to find out!

(This has just happened to me whilst enquiring about a summer camp for my daughter :thumbsdown:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
at least some indication of pricing. There are products and services I just have no clue as to the cost. I inquired about a digital printing machine. Similar looking equip were a few grand. After much effort and BS, i found out this one was $180,000. Dooohhhh. At least give some ballpark, is it free? 100 bucks? 100,000? If its not even in the ballpark for budget no johnny slapchop salesman is going to sell me on it. More like wasting 2 people's time.

Big bugbear for me too! It's such a massive waste of everybody's time...

Can you do me a favour and edit your post and put a # to it. We're on #28, it's just nice to see just how many things there are and if we do ever get to 101 it will be very informative.

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fredyisgold

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 21, 2016
LA
#28?

RM by screaming at your prospect... "Come back and purchase this shit yo!!" :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.