The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$100k 2017

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've tested both of the products, they suck.

Reverse engineering the product, it solves a problem of mine, and is a problem of others as well. (Hard proof from Amazon) And it's retailing allover Canada, there are multiple solutions so it is kind of a crowded market.

Now I kinda feel like I'm back to square one a bit.

Ok yeh I can potentially improve the product but it may take some deeper pockets, for instance, to open a new mold of this product to combat the trademark issue will run me about $2.6k CAD off multiple quotes from Alibaba.

It seems my options as of now are...

#1 Scrap the idea as the product sucks & move on to another product. Seriously the first test resulted in an epic failure, borderline scam with some nice copy writing. I'd like to avoid my epic failure of the grooming glove, so having a productocracy is one my goals, a product I believe in.

#2 Magically make money come out of thin air with a $2k p/m job with a monthly recurring debt of $950+ (rent $650, food $300++) to create a new product, aswell as constant revisions yada yada. I'm no expert but I'll bet 5 Canadian cents that creating a product is quite capital extensive.

#3 Create my own product solution domestically, ehhh perhaps this could be possible. I'd really have to try hard & brainstorm some solutions.

That's where I'm at right now.

Well, actually I don't think money is an excuse, considering crowdfunding like kickstarter etc etc. But the first prototypes of whatever product would be a substantial financial risk. Keep in mind I need to get something going otherwise this year will already be over before ya know it. It's happened..

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
My brain had a mini explosion, I've been thinking just selling direct to consumer, but what about commercially or b2b? So I just had a thought in my head, someone probably made alot of money selling toilet paper, and thought of a popular brand here in Canada.

Yikes!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• tp.JPG
    tp.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 27

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Billion in sales of toilet paper? Wow.

Just a guess but commercial probably get one company and stay with them in such supplies (until some mayor fail or price hike).

I'm not sure about roi though.
There are posts on this forum that commercial services like cleaning is much less profitable then residential.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Instead of putting out money for a mold....can you have a working prototype 3D printed ?

I don't think a prototype would be worth doing for the product in mind, I'm looking into some other products, just need to make sure there is a demand, so kinda back to square one again.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've got a product in mind, just need to learn my numbers & think of how to market efficiently. (Also look into other products)

Chinese New Year ends around the end of February. Which gives me ample time to save up money slaving my job, in order to feed myself, house myself & stack up freedom fighters to fight for my freedom (investing freedom fighters into a business system)

I'd like to announce a deadline for this thread.

BY THE START OF MARCH

I need to have my own product, website and the whole shebang executed.

I won't bother with updating this thread until then. Cheers every1, see ya around the forums.

(quick edit) I'm fairly excited about this product, just looking at some local business's (hundreds if not thousands) in my area and its a product I could potentially sell to them AND direct to consumer. Maybe, just maybe onto something.....

After a month & a half of slaving I've got about $1,095 which is quickly going to disappear, I fed myself and paid rent for this month and am about to pay for February, so deducting $650 from the $1,095 leaves me at $445. I'm gonna try to budget $200 for the next couple of weeks until my next payday which deducts me to $245. So busto to robusto and back, I spent some money on testing out products for the month which of course burnt a tiny bit of cash but that's ok. Wasted a ton of cash not making home meals, feels dumb.. Anywhoo, I can build a website for a product that's going to be executed on, I briefly looked into a competitor and they've been fairly successful so I'll be studying them & thinking of ways to crush them.

I have some things I'm testing now, so lets see.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Looking at houses in BC, lets make this a goal.....

Finding land for under $10k, maybe I could just build a shack and live in that! LOL

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Small problem, some competition from big brands (as mentioned before some of these companies are doing 9 digits) Are retailing under the $10 mark

It will affect my prices so adjustments will need to be made.........

Grrr. I'll need to learn my own numbers a little bit better, I'm not exactly 100% spot on accuarate, I hear Kevin O Leary in the background screaming.

Today I started off the day with some damaged inventory lol, its a work in progress.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Day off today, yesterday I ended up biking home since it's a sunny week coming up here in BC.
I thought about the thread by MJ ''get rid of the motorcycle'' and remembered about Nicky Hayden's death, long story short a small group of people nick named me after him (I was involved in trackdays prior)

Anywhoo, I'm biking (bicycle) down the side of the highway awesome idea and could see memorials along the highway where deaths have occurred. Barnett HWY for the ones familiar with BC, as I see one memorial and pictures of the deceased I hear an 18 wheeler come up behind me and blow past me. Holy crap!

I'm at the part of death in the E-MYTH. It's a spooky thought & I'm realizing that life is quite short, being 28 I can't even explain how I've lived for 28 years. I can recall some great times but there's certainty alot of misery & pain included in those years. It feels honestly like a big blur, if I were to die today I'd be fairly disappointed.

Just a story I wanted to share, for today I'll focus on my online presence for my store. While I have a single sale via my own labor (door knocking) I'd like to place a heavy emphasis on online as my life is sold off for a paycheck for nearly 10 hours a day (commute/actual work)

The goal here is to be at work one day, check my phone and hear the magical ding I've heard about around here on the forum. Make a sale disconnected from my time, I think it may be RHL's post?

$1,000 is the dream. Life expenses are covered, rent/food. With a laughable low amount of sales (200-300?) per month I can check out. And I am ''Unscripted ''

I'm in love with the idea...................

Of sleeping in every day
Of not needing to take transit to work (then getting a $250 ticket because I can't even afford food or fare) True story....heading to a homeless shelter a month ago to eat and got a New Years present.
Of not having to be at work to pay rent at a place I kind of don't really want to live anyways
Of not having to be at work when I'm sick (oh boy..I just fought off some insane sickness)
Of not having to work to pay for my food
Of not having to worry about buying whatever I want
Of not having to postpone my passions (I want to go snowboarding and can't afford it)

Yeh. Maybe the whole secret to life is death hilariously ironic. I have the momentum, let's keep the ball rolling?

New Goal for the 2nd week of February

One Sale Online

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
0 views on my YT!

I was thinking, yes I can blow a bunch of money on ads but for now I'd like to focus on organic and referral. hmmmmmmmmm

Have some cool ideas for content that is going to be a **** load of work. I'm considering a documentary/informational type thing partnering up with some people.

Looking forward this is going to be one hell of a journey. It's overwhelming the amount of work I need to do.

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
oii.jpg

I have different priced packages of product, If I were to get a mass ordering spree I most likely wouldn't be able to keep up with demand so am limiting myself slightly just atm until I can produce more product which is a work in progress.

Just under 6 weeks to get traction going (haven't sold any online even yet just D2D)

Looking at some bachelor apartments for the island and I'll be looking at $750 or so & up. Ideally since my product is priced at $9.99 a few hundred sales would cover my rent & food for the next little while.

I'll be moving a couple times this year so me and jobs are not exactly the greatest of friends. Really need to get this going!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ah nothing but crickets so far

Cool story, a supplier I'm getting my materials from founded the company that generated 1 Billion+ in sales, previously filing for bankruptcy TWICE!

sheez, one of my competitors (kind of) filed for bankruptcy twice as well although they are generating hundreds of millions in sales currently.

I like to relate this to basketball, I constantly take shots with 3 pointers and generally miss, but occasionally sink them in!

The real grind is the consistency & effort.

Oh yeh, I started off the year with a -$3 balance in the bank!

WoOooOoOOOOooOooo!!!

quick edit got my first hit for youtube

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads