The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$100k 2017

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Also just wanted to share a desktop wallpaper on my laptop for future reference when I re-read this thread with MJ getting my hug =) (picture is taken in West Vancouver British Properties) Its the Canadian version of Hollywood

lamboo.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Since this is a self improvement thread, I just wanted to keep myself accountable...good ol spare change has some fat that needs to go, some physical health issues are popping up out of nowhere so this needs to be solved. Slowly tuning my diet, lost weight and put on weight before.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
ladies-and-gentlemen-we-are-live.jpg

Ads up on FB/IG

Landing page ready to accept Pre-Orders

I'll need to look into reaching out to bigger social media pages to help boost interest.

Lets see how it goes. Been over thinking this to much being nervous, absolutely dread the possibility of this tanking, blasting some gangsta rap high on caffeine writing copyright setting up the ads.

I'll be hosting a community event to help with exposure & brand building.

Look forward to quitting my job, **** that hell hole

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Have 30 mins off from work checking my shopify / fb. No pre orders in.

Attachments

• 415DBD81-36CE-4AD3-84C4-35592BDDCCA2.jpeg
    415DBD81-36CE-4AD3-84C4-35592BDDCCA2.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 32

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Have 30 mins off from work checking my shopify / fb. No pre orders in.

Boosted posts are generally a waste. You gotta learn to use the ad interface to create actual ads. I've never seen anybody get real results from boosted posts, but the full ad tool set is incredibly powerful.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
noted! ill look into that

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm having views on my page/product so there is some reason why people aren't buying now . Also don't have videos of the product which doesn't help

I'll be hosting a community event when I have a solid date (going to have some time off from work I think about a week so will do it then)

That should help with building trust in the community and exposure.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Are you selling via FB ads and directing the visitors to your own website? If so, you should install a plug-in like LuckyOrange or Hotjar to see what your visitors are doing when they're on your site (e.g. do they click Back when they reach your site, or do they leave when they're about to checkout?)

From there, you can narrow down to whether it's a product or some other issue etc.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Are you selling via FB ads and directing the visitors to your own website? If so, you should install a plug-in like LuckyOrange or Hotjar to see what your visitors are doing when they're on your site (e.g. do they click Back when they reach your site, or do they leave when they're about to checkout?)

From there, you can narrow down to whether it's a product or some other issue etc.

Basically yes + Instagram (everything is linked to shopify)

Ill check out those two things , never heard of them before

Some things I'm thinking are a potential problem

#1 Product is only on shopify which is a lack of trust, it can be much easier to go on Amazon and buy it directly right now (Same pricing) ** Product is not on Amazon but there are similar **

#2 No video setup demonstrating the product

#3 Haven't pulled the trigger on influencer marketing, this could be a big one..

334 views on my Pre-Sell ad 0 sales

Sent out a ton of warm followups as mentioned before to ask potential customers preference on my product design via my FB Page and got 0 responses

Funny thing I have some visits on my site from Ireland and Philippines (I'm in Canada)

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
no pre sales yet

index.jpg

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I sent out lots of offers via my FB page on messenger, these are people have participated in a contest held a few weeks ago. 0 interest.

Time to throw this in the garbage and light it on fire? Just a thought, numbers don't lie (about 100 offers nearly) Mentioned in the message a new product line is being released and we are seeking input on designs.

D

Deleted50669

I sent out lots of offers via my FB page on messenger, these are people have participated in a contest held a few weeks ago. 0 interest.

Time to throw this in the garbage and light it on fire? Just a thought, numbers don't lie (about 100 offers nearly) Mentioned in the message a new product line is being released and we are seeking input on designs.
Did you ask any of them why they weren't interested?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Did you ask any of them why they weren't interested?

Didn't do that no,

Just threw out a ''hello were releasing a new product line and would like some input'' getting 0 replies from that

D

Deleted50669

Didn't do that no,

Just threw out a ''hello were releasing a new product line and would like some input'' getting 0 replies from that
May be worth asking to see if you get any feedback from the abyss. Worst case they will say nothing, or tell you to buzz off.

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Might also be worth sharing more here as far as product and niche so people can offer more effective feedback. I strongly doubt anybody will try to steal it and if you’re already thinking of closing it down what have you really got to lose?

Also, when you mention 334 “views” are you talking impressions or clicks on your ad? How many visitors have you gotten to your landing page?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
May be worth asking to see if you get any feedback from the abyss. Worst case they will say nothing, or tell you to buzz off.

Doing this now, I'll include pictures with the message rather than linking to my website, might aswell! Have had one person tell me to stop contacting them lol :(

Might also be worth sharing more here as far as product and niche so people can offer more effective feedback. I strongly doubt anybody will try to steal it and if you’re already thinking of closing it down what have you really got to lose?

Also, when you mention 334 “views” are you talking impressions or clicks on your ad? How many visitors have you gotten to your landing page?

(Impressions) clicks aren't to high along with visitors

fastlaneeeeeeee.JPG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdO5BKc1goc
Relevant if anyone is in a similar position as me lurking around

Product is rain jackets with my target demographic being Vancouver, for all the people outside of Canada, we only have 2 seasons.... Summer and rain (April-September is summer-ish) and October-March is rain almost every day.

Now can you get my specific jackets on Amazon now? Not the designs I have although you of course can find similar for the same price so I can see a reason to scroll through my ad and just go direct to Amazon or another store in the city.

Maybe this is a me-too product? Or I'm just a crap marketer as the video above made a point of.

Thank you to the people adding input!

Attachments

• fastlanee.jpg
    fastlanee.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 12

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
I’m by no means an ecomm expert but I do know a good conversion rate is 2-4% of visitors. You don’t have enough visitors to make a deduction about your product yet. Quickest way would be AdWords, spend a little bit of money driving more traffic with ready to buy keywords “buy rain jacket” “trendy jackets online” etc.

Once you have at least a few hundred VISITORS to the page then you’ll have enough data to start analyzing.

P.s. I wasted a lot of money with a marketing firm who got me 300,000 impressions and very few visitors and even less sales. Impressions mean jack sh*t. You need people actually on the site.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ill have to up the budget for ad spend in that case, worth a go

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I don't want to rain on your parade (that pun though, cheesy...), but isn't this a commodity (competing on price only)?

lol, good one, it could be a commodity which is the issue. Although I'm trying to create a brand (or maybe deluding myself into thinking that) Where I have a small community of fans/followers purchase products.

Jackets on Amazon right now look very plain, the jackets my supplier has made look more trendy/stylish. Again I could be lying to myself and the markets opinion is the one that actually counts. Will test this further

For reference jackkkkkkkkkkkk.JPG

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Hm... i don't know how i would add value to something like this.

We have a neighbour with three dogs and he walks them every day, same hours, no matter what the weather does. If it's raining, none of them get one of these fancy raincoats - but the moment he return his wife gives him towels to dry the dogs. But maybe he's just stupid...

There's a very simplistic version available here in germany which u haven't found somthing similar in my 5min search on amazon US.

https://www.amazon.de/Knuffelwuff-1...019VBBSI6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It's padded, low weight, easy to put on, easy to clean and with reflex material for safety. It has little complaints like beeing a bit too big in size and hast a too short belt for bigger dogs.

Don't know if that's a thing you want to look into, but i thought i'd share anyways.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Selling something similar to this but no bites as of yet, the reflective part seems neat

Been sending out messages from my page although I'm getting an error saying the person is unavailable?

Edit >
lol.JPG

Well thats a lovely way to start the day :D

Some messages are being sent/some are being rejected

Just a numbers game....

Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I tried wording the question differently, seems to have worked alot better

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
yeh its funny how wording it differently helped alot, the same people that ignored the first question responded after changing the way i asked. theres even copyrighting in a question lol

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So even with the feedback received I haven't gotten any pre-sales (although some people expressed slight interest in one of the products)

Just need to increase views/pitches and let the numbers work it self out.

There is also a new product I may be pulling the trigger on aswell, ordering a sample. Just going through pricing / negotiation atm

MTEE1985

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
425%
Jun 12, 2018
Arizona
Good for you man. You’re experiencing firsthand that it isn’t as simple as: launch store and watch the sales roll in.

You’ve already taken more action than most people and seem to be learning every step of the way. Branch out, asses, adjust and keep acting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.