The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

100 Days of Discipline

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JPclimbthetree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 22, 2021
What’s up fellow Fastlaners,

I’ve been a reader of the amazing content in this community but have not been a contributor. I have read The Millionaire Fastlane twice now – once in 2015, at the start of my journey into entrepreneurship, and now again recently.

I’ve been on the road of entrepreneurship for seven years now. I wish I had something big to show for it. The truth is I have failed over and over.

We’ll that’s one part of the journey. Surely you can relate to this.

"Every failure carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” - Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Some Words to live by. I keep with me at all times.

I want this to be the beginning of a new chapter.

Yes, I’ve had a FTE. Today in fact.

No, I don’t define myself by it.

But I am making the decision to do better. To BE BETTER.

The next 100 days are an opportunity to build new habits and gain momentum toward life goals.

I have a business idea that was planted in my mind recently. The idea is simple, profitable, and a win-win-win for all involved. And it will be great fun making it happen!

I’ve made the decision to go for it. This is my new baby - I am going to make it a reality.

Taking inventory here, these are the things I need to do in order to turn this idea into a successful business:

- Build a team of incredible people. This is in progress and looking great.

- Create a plan and share it with trusted mentors. They have the insight, knowledge and connections to point in the right direction. Some of them may even want to have a bigger role. I welcome the chance to work with them.

- Take massive action. Not kidding myself, I am going to jump well out of the comfort zone. This will be an adventure!

- Hire a coach. This is in progress. We are just starting together. Already my coach has done a great job asking hard questions and pushing me to think big. I’m grateful to have found a coach that fits.

- Develop strong Discipline. This is the driving force behind this 100 day challenge. My level of discipline up to this point has been pretty good. But pretty good just won’t cut it any more. This is an opportunity to set a new standard, new musts, and step up.

So the challenge goes like this:

I have my goals, the things I want more than anything in life.

Then there’s the crappy stuff - a couple bad habits I need to break for good.

In order to build momentum toward the goals and break these stinker habits, the challenge is to follow these rules every day, for the next 100 days:

* Get up at 4:30am. Not too hard for me as I’ve been working on getting up earlier over the part year.

* Do a full morning routine. To me This makes ALL the difference between being wildly successful, and living in mediocrity.

* Exercise. 6 days a week of hard workouts, one day of light.

* No more overeating. Eat enough to sustain energy and nourish the body, no more. My mind is on success, not food.

* Accomplish one outcome. What is the ONE thing that needs to happen to keep making progress towards turning this idea into a thriving business? No action faking, no BS “to do list.” Focus on the Results. What is the Real outcome for the day? I can sleep fully at night knowing I did my absolute best for the day.

That’s it. Those 5 things are the challenge. If I slip up and have a day where one of them is missed…oops, we start all the way over at 0.

I will make it a habit of posting progress here.

Even if no one reads this at least I can write my thoughts as the days add up and track progress in one place.

Who knows what the next 100 days will bring!

Tomorrow’s Day 1.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Good luck,

- Hire a coach. This is in progress. We are just starting together. Already my coach has done a great job asking hard questions and pushing me to think big. I’m grateful to have found a coach that fits.
What is this coach for? Seems like if you're just starting out, there are better things to spend your capital on than paying someone $200 a month to tell you to "THINK BIG"

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022
Not trying to discourage you from anything, here are my 2 cents:

Failure is an abstract concept that has been idealized and glorified by the self-help industry.
You don't have to fail in order to succeed. Failure doesn't teach you anything by itself, and most people just give up when they see that they are not getting the results that they sought.

If you really want to get something out of this experience, you need to be asking yourself some questions and answer them honestly:
  • How did you fail? By your own definition.
  • Why did it happen?
  • What actions and habits have led to that outcome?
  • What mindset has lead to those actions? What were you thinking and feeling?
  • What needs to be done in the future to prevent that from happening again?
You need to be very specific and very humble if you want to learn something from your mistakes. Otherwise it won't happen. Failure doesn't teach you anything by itself. Or at least not anything positive.

And another thing that caught my attention:
You seem to have a huge burst of motivation to change your life. Despite what motivational speakers have taught us, this is a very dangerous thing if you don't handle it properly.

Instead of bursting with energy for a few days and then crashing and burning, the goal is to have a steady supply of energy for weeks, months and years. It's going to be a slow grind, and you will have to follow a custom tailored process that will slowly turn you into the person you need to be, in order to get what you want.

And it's not about how many hours can you work, or how early you can wake up. It's about how consistent and how effective can you be.

Good luck.

PS: Ditch the coach.
And forget about attracting amazing people for your business - they are all busy. Instead become an amazing person yourself.

connorkennxdy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Jun 25, 2022
United Kingdom
What’s up fellow Fastlaners,

I’ve been a reader of the amazing content in this community but have not been a contributor. I have read The Millionaire Fastlane twice now – once in 2015, at the start of my journey into entrepreneurship, and now again recently.

I’ve been on the road of entrepreneurship for seven years now. I wish I had something big to show for it. The truth is I have failed over and over.

We’ll that’s one part of the journey. Surely you can relate to this.

"Every failure carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.” - Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Some Words to live by. I keep with me at all times.

I want this to be the beginning of a new chapter.

Yes, I’ve had a FTE. Today in fact.

No, I don’t define myself by it.

But I am making the decision to do better. To BE BETTER.

The next 100 days are an opportunity to build new habits and gain momentum toward life goals.

I have a business idea that was planted in my mind recently. The idea is simple, profitable, and a win-win-win for all involved. And it will be great fun making it happen!

I’ve made the decision to go for it. This is my new baby - I am going to make it a reality.

Taking inventory here, these are the things I need to do in order to turn this idea into a successful business:

- Build a team of incredible people. This is in progress and looking great.

- Create a plan and share it with trusted mentors. They have the insight, knowledge and connections to point in the right direction. Some of them may even want to have a bigger role. I welcome the chance to work with them.

- Take massive action. Not kidding myself, I am going to jump well out of the comfort zone. This will be an adventure!

- Develop strong Discipline. This is the driving force behind this 100 day challenge. My level of discipline up to this point has been pretty good. But pretty good just won’t cut it any more. This is an opportunity to set a new standard, new musts, and step up.

So the challenge goes like this:

I have my goals, the things I want more than anything in life.

Then there’s the crappy stuff - a couple bad habits I need to break for good.

In order to build momentum toward the goals and break these stinker habits, the challenge is to follow these rules every day, for the next 100 days:

* Get up at 4:30am. Not too hard for me as I’ve been working on getting up earlier over the part year.

* Do a full morning routine. To me This makes ALL the difference between being wildly successful, and living in mediocrity.

* Exercise. 6 days a week of hard workouts, one day of light.

* No more overeating. Eat enough to sustain energy and nourish the body, no more. My mind is on success, not food.

* Accomplish one outcome. What is the ONE thing that needs to happen to keep making progress towards turning this idea into a thriving business? No action faking, no BS “to do list.” Focus on the Results. What is the Real outcome for the day? I can sleep fully at night knowing I did my absolute best for the day.

That’s it. Those 5 things are the challenge. If I slip up and have a day where one of them is missed…oops, we start all the way over at 0.

I will make it a habit of posting progress here.

Even if no one reads this at least I can write my thoughts as the days add up and track progress in one place.

Who knows what the next 100 days will bring!

Tomorrow’s Day 1.
Good luck! I wish you all the success and discipline for the next 100 days.

My question is why only make it 100 days? Is it to prove to yourself that you can do it? Or to progress into a shift in lifestyle?

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
Not trying to discourage you from anything, here are my 2 cents:

Failure is an abstract concept that has been idealized and glorified by the self-help industry.
You don't have to fail in order to succeed. Failure doesn't teach you anything by itself, and most people just give up when they see that they are not getting the results that they sought.

If you really want to get something out of this experience, you need to be asking yourself some questions and answer them honestly:
  • How did you fail? By your own definition.
  • Why did it happen?
  • What actions and habits have led to that outcome?
  • What mindset has lead to those actions? What were you thinking and feeling?
  • What needs to be done in the future to prevent that from happening again?
You need to be very specific and very humble if you want to learn something from your mistakes. Otherwise it won't happen. Failure doesn't teach you anything by itself. Or at least not anything positive.

And another thing that caught my attention:
You seem to have a huge burst of motivation to change your life. Despite what motivational speakers have taught us, this is a very dangerous thing if you don't handle it properly.

Instead of bursting with energy for a few days and then crashing and burning, the goal is to have a steady supply of energy for weeks, months and years. It's going to be a slow grind, and you will have to follow a custom tailored process that will slowly turn you into the person you need to be, in order to get what you want.

And it's not about how many hours can you work, or how early you can wake up. It's about how consistent and how effective can you be.

Good luck.

PS: Ditch the coach.
And forget about attracting amazing people for your business - they are all busy. Instead become an amazing person yourself.
Wow, man. It is huge! I am want to thank you a lot! Hope you will not stop to share with us ideas like this. HAve a great day.

AnasHarn

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 1, 2021
France
Hey, just launched something similar, I am having a baby in 138 days, so I decided to launch a 138 perfect day streak, with sport, healthy eating and work/reading.

I use money as an additional motivator, each week, I put 50 euros on hold, if I succeed in completing a full week, I keep the money and can get to do whatever I want with it (I want a mac, so it's a good motivator); if I miss a single day in a week, my money goes to something I hate (We have a racist politician here in France that may receive my money if I dont respect my word).

Best of luck on your project and I hope we will both celebrate in few months !

JPclimbthetree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 22, 2021
Okay just finding some time to get back on here.

Day 1 was great. Outcome was to write a one-pager detailing a future marketing event. Getting those details on paper I have a much better sense of what this will take now.

Day 2 outcome is to call the manufacturer of first product line and get an ETA. I was expecting them to be finished by the end of last week. I can tell they are well-booked up and busy as beavers over there so I just need to stay on them. Second outcome today is to write a rough financial plan for the marketing event.

The greatest challenge so far are being overloaded with work. I am doing this project on the side my full time job. Well the job has been extra extra crazy yesterday and again today with clients needing everything rushing rushing. Breathing and powering through it. On weekdays I can devote about 2 hours to my project.

JPclimbthetree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 22, 2021
Good luck! I wish you all the success and discipline for the next 100 days.

My question is why only make it 100 days? Is it to prove to yourself that you can do it? Or to progress into a shift in lifestyle?

Thank you connorkennxdy,

Absolutely a shift in lifestyle. At the end of the day it’s about being a disciplined person, not just doing something for a few months and then reverting back. In the meantime I do like having the milestone 100 to look forward to.

JPclimbthetree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Mar 22, 2021
Hey, just launched something similar, I am having a baby in 138 days, so I decided to launch a 138 perfect day streak, with sport, healthy eating and work/reading.

I use money as an additional motivator, each week, I put 50 euros on hold, if I succeed in completing a full week, I keep the money and can get to do whatever I want with it (I want a mac, so it's a good motivator); if I miss a single day in a week, my money goes to something I hate (We have a racist politician here in France that may receive my money if I dont respect my word).

Best of luck on your project and I hope we will both celebrate in few months !

Thank you mate and congratulations to you! Let’s go get it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.