The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

1 Year Fastlane - $15 per hour to 5-figure deals

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
I, for one, would love to be mentored by a person who has stated nothing besides incremental "net worth increases" every post.

Where do I sign up ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
The thing is people don't really care how much money you made or the numbers at the end. People are asking for you to share some of your process. The experienced members knew what is bs and what is not based on what is shared.

You don't have to name any clients. Hell, you can stay anonymous for all I care. What did you do to increase your retention? What did you do to build brand awareness? What kinds of techniques were used in marketing that launched you from last year to this point?

All of this can be shared without any identity. It is pure knowledge where the universe is the author and you are reading the book.

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Moderators, please take a look. I can pass on any information he has sent me.

If this young man is the real deal, this is something.

Last edited:

Canuker

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 5, 2016
Whether the OP actually has accomplished something or just made some crap up to sell something in the marketplace is yet to be seen but good job asking questions rather than swallowing something hook line and sinker. Asking questions before putting your money down is always a good route.

I'm hoping this is legitimate. Didn't mean to come off as crass but people want to know that they aren't getting scammed.

I truly do hope you've acheived everything you've said. Genuinely!

Waiting to hear what the moderators have to say.

Also, if you're worried about your identity, then why get interviewed by a major media outlet?

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
I'm hoping this is legitimate. Didn't mean to come off as crass but people want to know that they aren't getting scammed.

I truly do hope you've acheived everything you've said. Genuinely!

Waiting to hear what the moderators have to say.

Also, if you're worried about your identity, then why get interviewed by a major media outlet?

I totally understand why everyone was so harsh, but it was still shocking to me. I still feel upset. Even though all my claims are true, I still feel mocked.

If a Moderator or staff member messages me then they confirm publicly that I'm legit.

I'm worried about my identity on the forums, not in the press.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
If a Moderator or staff member messages me then they confirm publicly that I'm legit.

Please send all info using the "Contact Us" link in the footer of this site.

Truth alway survives investigation. Kudos to those that question especially when there is so little information to go on.

Ok. You voluntarily offered to send "proof" directly to a moderator. I instructed you on the best way to send info directly via the contact us form. You ignored my request and decided it was better to send this info to a brand new user that has yet to build any forum credibility?

I understand you removed your coaching offer and don't really need to back up your claims but this is laughable.

@AllenCrawley has already instructed you on the best way to contact a moderator.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I totally understand why everyone was so harsh, but it was still shocking to me. I still feel upset. Even though all my claims are true, I still feel mocked.

I'm worried about my identity on the forums, not in the press.
I am genuinely curious.

Why are you so concerned about your identity on the forum?

I am certainly not your target client, but regardless it seems like a load of bullshit.

Anyone who wants to be a coach needs to sell themselves as the product.

Without empirical is social proof, why would anyone have any trust whatsoever with you?

Your story sounds pretty good. Well done.

I will withhold judgment on you for now and chalk it up to extreme naivete.

I know you are 20. And just based on that information you are inexperienced.

I don't mean that in a bad way. You're 20. It is what it is.

It also means you don't have extensive business experience by virtue of your age.

So let me give you so unsolicited advice. Be transparent. Show your potential clients your successes AND your failures. Tell them who you are.

Do you think Gary Vaynerchuck would be an anonymous success?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
This forum functions unlike many. In here we're obsessed about value. OP, I do hope that you have achieved great things, but if you want to gain some trust and credibility, you must earn it. In order to earn trust and credibility, you should do some posts about lessons you've learned during that 'success year', some tips on how to deal with big clients, etc.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

My problem has nothing to do with whether or not you're the "real deal."

It has to do with the "borrowed inspiration" part...

You borrowed from my website without asking. So I can't help but wonder where else you borrowed inspiration from...

My materials?
Gold threads?
MJ's book?

I work my a$$ off every single day to create my materials, my website, my forms, and every part of my business process.

Then hopalong shows up and decides wow that's working great for him...I'll just borrow that.

But you weren't there for the 100+ hour weeks I put in, so it wasn't a big deal for you...

^ That's the emotional reason behind why this pisses me off.

20, 30, 40, 50...100

Does your age negate the law? Does your ignorance make it right?

How about you give me a royalty on future sales you make from anything you "borrowed inspiration" on.

How about you do the same for anyone else you borrowed inspiration from too.

Will you have anything left?

A jewel thief can easily show he has diamonds. Doesn't make the way he got 'em right.

FYI

This isn't the first time someone "borrowed inspiration" from me from this forum or tried to shortcut my process that I've spent the last 5 years learning, and building from the ground up.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My understanding is that @NewJamesBond still hasn't contacted a moderator to verify his information?

He messaged me and stated that I could confirm who he was. However, it is not my job to do the due diligence on someone, especially if someone is giving this person cash. I did not follow-up and ask for more information.

He then closed his message with a request to delete his Ad Placement -- which I promptly did.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
He messaged me and stated that I could confirm who he was. However, it is not my job to do the due diligence on someone, especially if someone is giving this person cash. I did not follow-up and ask for more information.

He then closed his message with a request to delete his Ad Placement -- which I promptly did.

What do you mean I messaged you? I didn't message you. You mean the 'contact us' button goes to you?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What do you mean I messaged you? I didn't message you. You mean the 'contact us' button goes to you?

Yes, the "contact us" link eventually gets to me.

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
@MJ DeMarco I'll send via contact us my info for you to confirm right now. I just want to confirm you will keep my identity private? Confirmed?

NewJamesBond

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 29, 2015
My problem has nothing to do with whether or not you're the "real deal."

It has to do with the "borrowed inspiration" part...

You borrowed from my website without asking. So I can't help but wonder where else you borrowed inspiration from...

My materials?
Gold threads?
MJ's book?

I work my a$$ off every single day to create my materials, my website, my forms, and every part of my business process.

Then hopalong shows up and decides wow that's working great for him...I'll just borrow that.

But you weren't there for the 100+ hour weeks I put in, so it wasn't a big deal for you...

^ That's the emotional reason behind why this pisses me off.

20, 30, 40, 50...100

Does your age negate the law? Does your ignorance make it right?

How about you give me a royalty on future sales you make from anything you "borrowed inspiration" on.

How about you do the same for anyone else you borrowed inspiration from too.

Will you have anything left?

A jewel thief can easily show he has diamonds. Doesn't make the way he got 'em right.

FYI

This isn't the first time someone "borrowed inspiration" from me from this forum or tried to shortcut my process that I've spent the last 5 years learning, and building from the ground up.

Hey @SinisterLex, none of the questions in my survey were worded the same. I understand you worked very hard on your course. I offered the course for less than 24 hours. I have 0 people enrolled right now. I totally understand why your upset. I am in the wrong. I should have asked you if I could draw inspiration from your questions. My age does not negate me from anything.

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Here's what I think (as a 20 year old who hasn't found his fast lane)

Everyone needs to take a step back.

@NewJamesBond, if you truly did nothing wrong, then stop apologizing. It just makes you look guilty

@SinisterLex the copycats and fakes will never rise to the level of the real dealers, you were 10 steps ahead of him 10 steps ago

In the end... good artists copy, great artists steal. Nobody try to tell me they learned it all on their own without anyone's help.

Plaigarism is a different story, but it should already pretty obvious that its:

A) illegal
B) sidewalker behavior
C) that meets literally NONE of the commandments of the fastlane.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
When I first read the OP I was really happy for this guy... :hurray:

and then this thread imploded. :headbanger:

It didn't take very long to uncover the truth. His reputation in this forum most likely reflects the one he has in real life.

whiterabbit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Jul 18, 2017
leeds
What ever happend to this guy? Was he a fake? How did he get another user to verify him as legit without having the same ip address? Used a vpn? He seemed so real :(

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
What ever happend to this guy? Was he a fake? How did he get another user to verify him as legit without having the same ip address? Used a vpn? He seemed so real :(

Why bump this? lol

#landfill

lol.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads