account602
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 11, 2013
- Messages
- 8
Rep Bank
$115
$115
User Power: 13%
My family business is down by at least 60%-70% and we have been facing major trouble getting back on track. We export fashion jewelry out of India to countries such as Africa and North America. We have almost BARELY to NONE in sales and its getting to a point where my father has accrued a lot of debt and I feel he may not be able to pay it off.
We also set up an e-commerce store and the person who is handling it (including marketing and SEO etc..) is working on commission bases. He gets a set cut % of whatever sale he makes but I think he's grown weary of it. Also, he pays out of the pocket for SEO and PPC and what not. We were doing great for about 6 years until we got hit with the penguin update and everything plummeted.
Since we have a financial set back, I was wondering if there was any way I could start marketing my products to reach out to newer customers with no investment in marketing? Im sure there has to be a strategy to make this work.
This is our make or break it point and I really want to help my father. I think he's lost hope in me but I will prove him wrong. I would really appreciate some cut throat feedback.
Also, please PM me if you would like to ask me more about the business.
We also set up an e-commerce store and the person who is handling it (including marketing and SEO etc..) is working on commission bases. He gets a set cut % of whatever sale he makes but I think he's grown weary of it. Also, he pays out of the pocket for SEO and PPC and what not. We were doing great for about 6 years until we got hit with the penguin update and everything plummeted.
Since we have a financial set back, I was wondering if there was any way I could start marketing my products to reach out to newer customers with no investment in marketing? Im sure there has to be a strategy to make this work.
This is our make or break it point and I really want to help my father. I think he's lost hope in me but I will prove him wrong. I would really appreciate some cut throat feedback.
Also, please PM me if you would like to ask me more about the business.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
