The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Matteo. My goal and what I did until now.

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
I'm Matteo, 23 years old, from Italy.
I love this forum, I admire MJ works and the fastlane mindset (basically change my life).

My goal: 1 000 000€ by 25 years old.
Now I have about 500€.

I know that the probability to achieve the goal is low. That the market simply doesn't care about me and what I want. I have to solve others people problems and it's going to be hard.

In the last years I drop out school (I never liked the system).
I move to UK alone to learn english for 6 month.
I read books on phicology, marketing ecc.
I started a blog www.uomotenace.com (it's in Italian). I started selling a info-product about keeping good habit and stay disciplined with facebook ads and google ads.
I build it living in a room in another city, after a job as a waiter.

It didn't work well so I close my VAT, give away free the product and now I returned to work for someone else.

The blog is still there but for now I just write articles. It has only 4-6 visitors a day.

Now I'm working on a website. The idea is that It help you find your goals with a process while creating a community of people that share the same goal/adventure. So you will have support, advices and If you sell something that it's useful for achieving that goal you can show it to the right people.

Facebook see what people like but not the true aspiration of the people. I think that it can help people above the money aspect.

Es: you want to climb Mt. Blank but no one of your friends want. You can see the people who will go in that period, write them, search advice for do it, find people who come with you ecc. A plus can be the possibility to bet on your goals (like stickk.com but more focused on adventure to achieve rather than habits). Or rising money/find a sponsor to achieve your golas. The initial prototype without graphics (in italian is here www.uomotenace.com/goals/Open.php).

After this little journey I realise that I can't do it alone. I need a network of people for stay focus and have feedback on my thinking process. People who dream to be an entrepreneur.

So I dedied to join the fastlaneforum and participate in meeting as possibile about entrepreunship.

Work in a fabric here in Italy 8-9 hours a day.
3 Evening at week + weekend work in my business.
2 evening training for have more energy.
i'm preparing myself to go all-in again and I'm glad to share my process in this forum.

For any (also stupid) questions, advices, partership(es can be useful have someone who is Italian for expand your business here) on some project or everything you think I'm here.
What's your opinion? any feedback?

I just need support for go out of this situation, stay focus and for complete something successful.
I've a lot of idea, but are worthless without execution.

I promise one thing. If I see that your advice is really important I'll do it no matter what. I want to be a doer and be remember as a man who make things done. I will execute no matter what.

I hope to contribute to this forum a lot. But I know that my contribution will always be a little part of the value received and that I'll receive.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
More than one years gone.
The blog has about 1000 visitors per month.
The other website ( www.uomotenace.com/goals/Open.php ) is improving one step at the time. Is a startup that is looking for a right business model. Still with no a good brand name and a lot of bugs. I'm working with that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
WTF? MJ DeMarco respond to this post?! Thit is the best day of my life!!
MJ DeMarco you are great!! Thanks for what you have done and what you do. Your books and this forum are an huge inspiration for any person who aim to live his own dreams. And they are also very usefull!
I wish one day to give back just one fraction of the value that you give to me.
For now I'm just forcing people to buy and read your books! :)

I went in and out from jobs and made little but steady progress with my projects. Not enough for paying the bills yet.

Projects:
-A blog, about 1500 visitors/month;
-a work-in-progress prototipe for a website that help a person find people for sharing the same experiences (like traveling or others activities)

The next steps to achive before 15th of January 2018:
-create an E-book to sell to the email list (about 50 contact) and in the blog;
-create more and better content;
-complete the basic prototipe and get more feedback;
-buy a domain for the prototipe;
-advertise in it some products;

Goal: 2000€/month of cashflow for the first of August 2018!

Now I'm facing the choice to accept a job as a technical or go all-in to make website by my own. The decision matrix will help. In both cases I will work in these projects.
May the force of the fastlane be with me.

Sorry for the late responce.
There should be a statue of you somewhere in USA.

Teo

Last edited:

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
So today is the 15th of January.
I tried hard to do what I said. But I did only a little (write the draft for the e-book, finished the first bad prototipe).

Since I come back to parents's house (mistake #1) I lack execution and vision.
I've to change enviroment. For do that I need money, so I will pick another job (I got fire recently).

Starting to sell website like Fox , is a great idea. But I really think that in this eviroment I will last one week.
I've already tried it. With this midset, so much resistance form the people around and little money.. not sure I can do it.
(Like MJ wrote enviroment is everything)

Now I've to pubbish this prototype, get some feedback and completing the e-book. Hope to do it for the 20th of January.

Thanks again for this amazing forum. It gives hope.

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
I'm still struggling with the creation of this e-book. I did only a little progress in the last five days.
However I feel that my mindset is coming back and I started to build some momentum.

Thanks for this: Three Years of Entrepreneurship... Stuck In A Rut... Now What?
Flash forward 9 years... sold 2 products and created a little platform, it's a prototype.
.. at this point I can say it's a hobby..

But still the fastlane dream it's there.

In these years I did a lot of jobs and specialize in one that pay well.
But still..far from making millions..

However I will keep going no matter what.

Last edited:

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
Flash forward 9 years... sold 2 products and created a little platform OITI, it's a prototype.

Hey man, thanks for posting here, regardless of the results.

If I may ask, what do you think prevented you from achieving the Fastlane dream in the last 9 years?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Flash forward 9 years... sold 2 products and created a little platform OITI, it's a prototype.

So you've been here for 9 years, made 8 posts (6 in this thread) and aren't reaching your goals.

Huh...go figure.

Have you realized yet that the "fastlane dream" is only a "dream" because you haven't taken the steps to start making this your reality?

As @LightHouse says:

"Quit F*cking dabbling!"

You're 30 now! At some point you need to wake up and commit to making this real for yourself. Realize you're not on the path you need to be on to achieve your goals and make some F*cking changes!

If the past 9 years haven't shown you need to do that, what will? Maybe the pain to change is still less than the pain of staying where you are. In which case, see you in another 9 years.

The real irony of your whole thread is that you created an app to
Complete your missions and stay motivate
but aren't on a good path yourself! Either your app doesn't work or you aren't focused on your goals. Since apps are only as good as your habits it's likely you lack focus and motivation.

Was it your goal to sell 2 products? Was it your goal to find a good paying job to make you feel comfortable and complacent? Maybe you should pivot and make this app your fastlane success story?

What are your goals now? Where are you stuck?

The forum is full of resources to help you fix your mindset, find opportunities, get motivated, stay motivated, be accountable, get help, give help, celebrate failures and successes whether yours or others, and ultimately help you to reach your goals.

How much of that are you using?

If the answer isn't "All of it" why not?

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
Hey man, thanks for posting here, regardless of the results.

If I may ask, what do you think prevented you from achieving the Fastlane dream in the last 9 years?
Thank for the reply. At the end of the day a lot of variables.. mindset, not doing 1 to 1 mentorship, get stuck in a job.

Now I'm in a better position however. Because I know that with the skills that I've accumulated working I can always find another job and I've some money in the pocket.

This will allow me to potentially not work for another 2 or 3 years in a normal job and focusing in a business.

So you've been here for 9 years, made 8 posts (6 in this thread) and aren't reaching your goals.

Huh...go figure.

Have you realized yet that the "fastlane dream" is only a "dream" because you haven't taken the steps to start making this your reality?

As @LightHouse says:

"Quit F*cking dabbling!"

You're 30 now! At some point you need to wake up and commit to making this real for yourself. Realize you're not on the path you need to be on to achieve your goals and make some F*cking changes!

If the past 9 years haven't shown you need to do that, what will? Maybe the pain to change is still less than the pain of staying where you are. In which case, see you in another 9 years.

The real irony of your whole thread is that you created an app to

but aren't on a good path yourself! Either your app doesn't work or you aren't focused on your goals. Since apps are only as good as your habits it's likely you lack focus and motivation.

Was it your goal to sell 2 products? Was it your goal to find a good paying job to make you feel comfortable and complacent? Maybe you should pivot and make this app your fastlane success story?

What are your goals now? Where are you stuck?

The forum is full of resources to help you fix your mindset, find opportunities, get motivated, stay motivated, be accountable, get help, give help, celebrate failures and successes whether yours or others, and ultimately help you to reach your goals.

How much of that are you using?

If the answer isn't "All of it" why not?
Yeah that's true, man. Thank you for this reply.
I know it's only my fault. And I take full responsability.

I will not go back working for someone else. I really can't a this point for various reasons. I want something that I can do from everywhere thought a laptop. I will make it or I will go to sleep under a bridge.

The plan now is to work as an indipendent programmer until the blog or some apps start to generate enough cashflow.

(I'm creating also an ecommerce. Just links to Amazon, no customers yet. I know it's not good to remove focus from the main thing. But when it's not working..
I've this ecommerce platform and another phisical product idea in the pipeline.)

My goal is 833 €/mo of cashflow form the blog.
While.. making at leats 1000 €/month from programmig. I know it's possibile to make way more programming but as the first months for me is super ok 1000/mo. I've already 2 clients and one seem to have a continuos stream of work to do.

I read recently the book "the art and business of online writing". This, with time, will improve the views and the conversions of the blog. Selling 2 product, during a night, for me was a breaktruth mentally.

Now I think the next obstable will be to sell the product in active way. So, do marketing on it.. I want to see a funnel working. Where I put 100 and 110 comes out.

I know that I've to chage a lot. I'm doing something wrong. The 833 €/mo goals was probably from 2020 or before. 2021, missed. 2022, missed. That's way I was saying it's almost a hobby, not a business.

Probably I'm the wrong table with this blog. I mean, personal growth ecc is quite a saturate/flashy/lsd market. Still I know of some blogs that make quite a profit from it. That's way I keep iterating.

That app that I created is for managing my projects and things to do. I just code what I need. In the future, maybe, will be helpful for someone else.

This forum is great.

Last edited:

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
This will allow me to potentially not work for another 2 or 3 years in a normal job and focusing in a business.
Why not do like most people and work your a$$ off building your business 'after' work?

Break this down. What does this mean? How are you going to generate this? Ads? Selling something? Sponsors? Affiliate links? How many people do you need to convert to achieve this?

Your monetary goal needs a plan, otherwise it's just a dream.

While making at leats 1000 €/month from programmig (I know it's possibile to make way more programming but as the first months as an indipendent programmer for me is super ok 1000/mo). I've already 2 clients and one seem to have a continuos stream of work to do.
How does this help with your fastlane goal? Do you want to freelance programming as your fastlane? If not, why is it a goal?

Now I think the next obstable will be to sell the product in active way. So, do marketing on it.. I want to see a funnel working. Where I put 100 and 110 comes out.
Do you have any reviews or feedback from your 2 sales? What about feedback from other people? Have you confirmed people are getting value from what you're providing. If not, you could spend money on marketing and "put in 100 and get 10 out". Focus on proving the value of your product first, then marketing.

I know that I've to chage a lot. I'm doing something wrong. The 833 €/mo goals was probably from 2020 or before. 2021, missed. 2022, missed. That's way I was saing it's almost a hobby, not a business.

Probably I'm the wrong table with this blog. I mean, personal growth ecc is quite a saturate/flashy/lsd market. Still I know of some blog that make quite a profit from it, that's way I keep iterating.
I think where you're going wrong is you're still chasing money and not giving yourself actionable goals. All of your goals, the way you compare your blog to others, it's all centered around money. Money should be the outcome rather than the goal itself.

Instead of:
try:
"I want to help people 5000 people this month with their personal development by providing value in my blog."

The money side comes in when you understand how you're going to monetize it. Then you put that in your goals and/or plans. Example:

"From my blog I will find 50 people who can benefit from my book." And you'll receive 833/mo (833/50 = 16.66/book or whatever your price is).

or

"From my blog I will help 20 people this month by making them aware of products that can solve (these certain pains) they have in their life." Which would relate to a sales goal for affiliate links.

You see where this is going? This will get you focused on helping people and not money.

Ask viewers if your blog helped them. If you ask and you're not getting comments then they're not engaged in your content. Edit it and incorporate their feedback.

Ask if your book was valuable. If not, ask them where it fell short. Work on your product. Iterate and improve on it. Give them a money back guarantee until you KNOW people will benefit from it. Then sell the :shit: out of it!

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
I'm Matteo, 23 years old, from Italy.
I love this forum, I admire MJ works and the fastlane mindset (basically change my life).

My goal: 1 000 000€ by 25 years old.
Now I have about 500€.

I know that the probability to achieve the goal is low. That the market simply doesn't care about me and what I want. I have to solve others people problems and it's going to be hard.

In the last years I drop out school (I never liked the system).
I move to UK alone to learn english for 6 month.
I read books on phicology, marketing ecc.
I started a blog www.uomotenace.com (it's in Italian). I started selling a info-product about keeping good habit and stay disciplined with facebook ads and google ads.
I build it living in a room in another city, after a job as a waiter.

It didn't work well so I close my VAT, give away free the product and now I returned to work for someone else.

The blog is still there but for now I just write articles. It has only 4-6 visitors a day.

Now I'm working on a website. The idea is that It help you find your goals with a process while creating a community of people that share the same goal/adventure. So you will have support, advices and If you sell something that it's useful for achieving that goal you can show it to the right people.

Facebook see what people like but not the true aspiration of the people. I think that it can help people above the money aspect.

Es: you want to climb Mt. Blank but no one of your friends want. You can see the people who will go in that period, write them, search advice for do it, find people who come with you ecc. A plus can be the possibility to bet on your goals (like stickk.com but more focused on adventure to achieve rather than habits). Or rising money/find a sponsor to achieve your golas. The initial prototype without graphics (in italian is here www.uomotenace.com/goals/Open.php).

After this little journey I realise that I can't do it alone. I need a network of people for stay focus and have feedback on my thinking process. People who dream to be an entrepreneur.

So I dedied to join the fastlaneforum and participate in meeting as possibile about entrepreunship.

Work in a fabric here in Italy 8-9 hours a day.
3 Evening at week + weekend work in my business.
2 evening training for have more energy.
i'm preparing myself to go all-in again and I'm glad to share my process in this forum.

For any (also stupid) questions, advices, partership(es can be useful have someone who is Italian for expand your business here) on some project or everything you think I'm here.
What's your opinion? any feedback?

I just need support for go out of this situation, stay focus and for complete something successful.
I've a lot of idea, but are worthless without execution.

I promise one thing. If I see that your advice is really important I'll do it no matter what. I want to be a doer and be remember as a man who make things done. I will execute no matter what.

I hope to contribute to this forum a lot. But I know that my contribution will always be a little part of the value received and that I'll receive.

Thanks
Hello Matteo, we're the same age, I'm just writing in Enghlish so that everyone can uderstand, if ypou ant to chat a little bit about business just DM at 3296152039 (I'm italian too)

Cheers :)

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
Why not do like most people and work your a$$ off building your business 'after' work?
That's what I've done in the past years. There result are not very good.

I find stilulating working by myself. The rate of learning is superior and also the opportunity.

I still work for somebody: the clients. The differences are that there is not someone in between that keep all the money, I've full responsability for everything(in my mind responsability=opportunity), and there is no schedule(It's friday at 11 pm, I'm working).

Which at the end is good. Hard challenges make life worth. When you rest you really rest. No 1 or 2 day weekend where your mind cannot think properly because the week was hell.

I was lucky to find a good job where the boss tought me something. At least the minimum for allowing me to work for myself. And while there I had always the prospective to learn everything I could, try to do it myself, be indipedent in what I was doing, be useful. In these way the opportunity in that jobs keept coming. (slowlane)

So no more go back, unless live or die situation
Break this down. What does this mean? How are you going to generate this? Ads? Selling something? Sponsors? Affiliate links? How many people do you need to convert to achieve this?

Your monetary goal needs a plan, otherwise it's just a dream.
833 €/mo in cashflow. It means selling 76 unit of my product. It is an info product.
The blog has about 1600-1800 view for month (not a lot), so I do not know if it's worth to do some Ads.

I will convert the books links in the blog in affiliate links with amazon. But I'm not sure the gain will be a lot.

So I need 76 people to convert for month.. for now.
Then maybe I can thing to create another product at about 50€ or improve this one drastically.

From 2 to 76 is kind of a great leap for me. For do that I need to do some marketing. Maybe I can try facebook ads.
How does this help with your fastlane goal? Do you want to freelance programming as your fastlane? If not, why is it a goal?
I think this will allow me more flexibility and energy for start getting result. It's a way to pay the fixed cost that I've for live.
I'm not sure a blog it's totally fastlane. With time I tryed to encourage people to write on it for creating a platform. For now with scarse result. Just 2 person.

The other project that I use for managing my project is not really ready to be a product.
What I can do there, is to use the REWORK method from 37signal. Focus on the 20% for getting a base product. So choosing one functionality, focus on it, write the copy around it.

And I can try to sell it, not sure how for now. Maybe I can hire some help/menthorship for some specific problem that got me stuck in the programming side.
Do you have any reviews or feedback from your 2 sales? What about feedback from other people? Have you confirmed people are getting value from what you're providing. If not, you could spend money on marketing and "put in 100 and get 10 out". Focus on proving the value of your product first, then marketing.
[...]
Ask if your book was valuable. If not, ask them where it fell short. Work on your product. Iterate and improve on it.
I just asked them. I will add them in the landing page. And iterate the product if necessary.
I think where you're going wrong is you're still chasing money and not giving yourself actionable goals. All of your goals, the way you compare your blog to others, it's all centered around money. Money should be the outcome rather than the goal itself.

Instead of:

try:
"I want to help people 5000 people this month with their personal development by providing value in my blog."

The money side comes in when you understand how you're going to monetize it. Then you put that in your goals and/or plans. Example:

"From my blog I will find 50 people who can benefit from my book." And you'll receive 833/mo (833/50 = 16.66/book or whatever your price is).

or

"From my blog I will help 20 people this month by making them aware of products that can solve (these certain pains) they have in their life." Which would relate to a sales goal for affiliate links.

You see where this is going? This will get you focused on helping people and not money.
Thanks for this. I'm printing these phases in big above my desk. I hope this will allow me to think more clearly the process for achieve those results.
Ask viewers if your blog helped them. If you ask and you're not getting comments then they're not engaged in your content. Edit it and incorporate their feedback.
Ok, I will do an email survey I've about 200 mails form readers.
Give them a money back guarantee until you KNOW people will benefit from it. Then sell the :shit: out of it!
Money back guarantee present.

Thank you for this reply. It really help me. I've already more than 10 actions to do to move forward. I will let you know!

Thank you :bicep:

teo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 21, 2014
Italy
Survey done. Got few feedbacks. Sold other 2 products. Situation always stable. But momentum and energy is growing. I'm preparing new quality content and I'm happy for my job as a freelancer. Got 2 clients that seems to have work for months. Still not fastlane.

I put the hour in, but at least I can pay rent and expenses.
Reading Work the system and David Gogging. Work the system, great book. (my goal is to read all the 101 must read! )

I need to upgrade the product that I'm selling, still not good enough. I'm still not confident to attact with ads.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...