The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Threads with an onging chat or conversation

anthonymartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
May 1, 2024
Hey everyone,

Not really sure how to ask this in a forum setting but here goes:

I'm 26 years old working in the insurance industry and I'll be honest, as much as I like the money rolling in, I cannot stand the standard 9-5 work days. I have other things I would like to work on but unfortunately, I need to rely on this job in order to pay for my expenses. (Very "Slowlane" of me, I know...)

Long story short, in an attempt to take the nearest exit onto the Fastlane, I had an idea for a website where music artists and producers are able to upload their unfinished beats/music for the purpose of providing and/or receiving feedback and essentially create a large HUB for these individuals to be able to move forward in their music ventures.

Eventually, I want to implement a "Studio" like feature for premium users to make it easier for artists and producers to get together to talk things through and make some music through screen and sound sharing.

The main goal is to make it easier for clients to:

1) Arrange a time to make music with others without having to meet in person...
2) Outsource their music to the people who will help them grow their knowledge and careers...

As a self-proclaimed music producer, I find it hard to reach out to other producers and artists in the same genre to be able to ask for feedback or gain their input on what I've been working on, but it could just be me. And if I know one thing, it's that there must be hundreds of others just like me who feel the same way...

The main purpose of the website that I have in mind is to cut out the awkwardness and anxiety of asking for help and letting each individual that visits the site give advice and potentially gain from it.

When it comes to entrepreneurship, consider me a baby... I know virtually nothing. I'm not even sure if this idea I have is even possible or if I'm in the right place to ask for advice! Any sort of direction is greatly appreciated and I hope this reaches out to whomever can provide some insightful advice on where to begin.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

anthonymartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
May 1, 2024
How would you monetise this?
This sounds like something that would exist on Reddit… is there anything like this?
When I hear "monetize," I think of how the website can make me money through traffic, is that correct?

What, would you say, are some effective ways to monetize this kind of website that could have a benefit to the client as well?

I know it'll take a lot of work to start bringing traffic in so I guess my goal first would be to create an attractive site that holds a purpose to the person/people exploring then advertise the hell out of it LOL

There's definitely some gaps in my thought process, more research to be done but for now, I want to try to close in some of those gaps to get a better idea of what I can do and what I need to research...

saadoun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 22, 2023
hello man hope you're doing great . i can help u with this if you don't mind . just ask me any question in your mind

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

saadoun

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 22, 2023
hello man hope you're doing great . i can help u with this if you don't mind . just ask me any question in your mind

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
When I hear "monetize," I think of how the website can make me money through traffic, is that correct?

What, would you say, are some effective ways to monetize this kind of website that could have a benefit to the client as well?

I know it'll take a lot of work to start bringing traffic in so I guess my goal first would be to create an attractive site that holds a purpose to the person/people exploring then advertise the hell out of it LOL

There's definitely some gaps in my thought process, more research to be done but for now, I want to try to close in some of those gaps to get a better idea of what I can do and what I need to research...
What are five ways you can think to monetise it?

How can you test/research if those will work?

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden

anthonymartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
May 1, 2024
Hey,

it sounds like the music platform your are thinking about is somewhat similar to this The smart way to share music privately - Songbox

It's doable but you ll need to build the platform or hire someone to do it for you:
There is more info about the creator here: Songbox case study | Stripe

Good luck.
Yes! Very similar to what I had in mind.

To take it one step further, I want to have some sort of studio session feature where artists can call each other to work on their projects via a virtual studio.

Thank you for this! Helps out a ton.

anthonymartin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
May 1, 2024
What are five ways you can think to monetise it?

How can you test/research if those will work?

Did a bit of research and it seems like some ways of monetizing is through:

1) Paid Membership
2) Publishing Sponsored Posts and Product Reviews
3) Gating Some of the Content for Premium Subscribers
4) Connecting Viewers to Products/Advice

Honestly not 100% sure...

At this point, I don't even have a website or even know where to go to start that. I believe the first step before I even think of monetizing is to build the website and start with a loose concept of what I want to evolve it into.

Should I slow my thought process down and start with like a Blog site?...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.