The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

DO NOT READ IF EASILY HURT

Anything related to matters of the mind

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jan 24, 2023
Hey guys, Kris here.

It's been a while since I've posted a thread on this forum. I am still active and try to reply to all incoming DM's. I'm here to help!

I want to throw something out there though, this is for everyone starting their business journey.

It has come to my attention that there is a CRITICAL difference between those who find success and those who sadly never will. Action. Let me elaborate.

I have had personal conversations on here with a lot of people through this forum, all asking me for advice and how I got to 5,5K/month at 16 years old. I am now 17 and making over $15k/month. I tell every single one of them: it does not matter how you feel or what you do, the most important thing is that you TAKE ACTION. They come to me for advice, and you'd think they will use it. I end up challenging every single person in my DM to stick to something that works for at least a week and come back to me with the results. Whether that be 250 cold calls, 5 days in the gym or even keeping their room tidy for a week straight.

The number of people that come back with results and have successfully made money, gone to the gym, or tidied their room? You've guessed it: 0!

They have all these intelligent, successful, and most importantly: EXPERIENCED people in this forum, helping them and explaining to them what it takes to build something of value for their own, but they end up not listening and therefore failing to their naivety and laziness.

There is no secret sauce, there is no secret outreach method, there is no secret anything. You know what you need to do and if you don't: you have the internet to answer anything you want.

I have started this thread to tell everyone who is looking for advice on starting a digital marketing business to STOP DM'ING ME.

Before wanting to click on "start a conversation", think twice about what you think I would tell you. Most of you already know what I would tell you, and that's the problem. "How do you get clients?" Outreach. "What kind of outreach?" Pick up the phone and start dialing. "Oh, but I can't, my phone charges me money for that", then start sending emails. There will always be an excuse.

The only exception there is to DM me is if you are serious about your life and goals, and therefore have put in the work to achieve them. If you dare to enter my DM's saying "What kind of outreach should I be doing" I will report and block you. If you enter my DM's with results and metrics that show you have put in the work, I will be more than happy to assist you and guide you, for you have put in effort.

I am sorry if this cuts deep for some people out there, and I do not intend to be mean to anyone but this is the harsh reality. I truly want what is best for every single one of you, but you have to WORK FOR IT.

Good luck on your journey, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in my conversation tab :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
In all of human history, no one ever secured a sale because they took a cold shower, meditated, or hummed positive affirmations into the universe.

Can these things mentally prepare you for the ultimate meaningful action? Sure.

But for most people, they use these things to push dopamine, only slightly better than pushing dopamine via your smartphone scrolling.

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jan 24, 2023
In all of human history, no one ever secured a sale because they took a cold shower, meditated, or hummed positive affirmations into the universe.

But for most people, they use these things to push dopamine, only slightly better than pushing dopamine via your smartphone scrolling.
Exactly. Ultimate action faking. It’s been an honour being in this forum MJ, I owe you everything. Thanks

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Hey guys, Kris here.

It's been a while since I've posted a thread on this forum. I am still active and try to reply to all incoming DM's. I'm here to help!

I want to throw something out there though, this is for everyone starting their business journey.

It has come to my attention that there is a CRITICAL difference between those who find success and those who sadly never will. Action. Let me elaborate.

I have had personal conversations on here with a lot of people through this forum, all asking me for advice and how I got to 5,5K/month at 16 years old. I am now 17 and making over $15k/month. I tell every single one of them: it does not matter how you feel or what you do, the most important thing is that you TAKE ACTION. They come to me for advice, and you'd think they will use it. I end up challenging every single person in my DM to stick to something that works for at least a week and come back to me with the results. Whether that be 250 cold calls, 5 days in the gym or even keeping their room tidy for a week straight.

The number of people that come back with results and have successfully made money, gone to the gym, or tidied their room? You've guessed it: 0!

They have all these intelligent, successful, and most importantly: EXPERIENCED people in this forum, helping them and explaining to them what it takes to build something of value for their own, but they end up not listening and therefore failing to their naivety and laziness.

There is no secret sauce, there is no secret outreach method, there is no secret anything. You know what you need to do and if you don't: you have the internet to answer anything you want.

I have started this thread to tell everyone who is looking for advice on starting a digital marketing business to STOP DM'ING ME.

Before wanting to click on "start a conversation", think twice about what you think I would tell you. Most of you already know what I would tell you, and that's the problem. "How do you get clients?" Outreach. "What kind of outreach?" Pick up the phone and start dialing. "Oh, but I can't, my phone charges me money for that", then start sending emails. There will always be an excuse.

The only exception there is to DM me is if you are serious about your life and goals, and therefore have put in the work to achieve them. If you dare to enter my DM's saying "What kind of outreach should I be doing" I will report and block you. If you enter my DM's with results and metrics that show you have put in the work, I will be more than happy to assist you and guide you, for you have put in effort.

I am sorry if this cuts deep for some people out there, and I do not intend to be mean to anyone but this is the harsh reality. I truly want what is best for every single one of you, but you have to WORK FOR IT.

Good luck on your journey, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you in my conversation tab :)
REAL SHIT^

THERE IS NO F*CKING LIST!!!!!

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
This is how you can tell this guy is leveling up his life.

He is starting to value his time more. Doesn't want to waste his breath saying the same thing over and over.

Congrats KR.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
633%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I can think of multiple great, highly efficient ideas that blow the doors off “just making the calls”.

For someone to come to you and ask a specific, direct, simple question and you just block and report them instead of just saying you do cold calls, you are a douche.

Meanwhile I’ll sit on the phone for 3 hours pouring out everything about my business, repeating myself for the 15th time to people who come to me, for $0.00.

Here’s an example of being efficient. Instead of calling random businesses that hate your guts for cold calling them….

Call all of the agencies that exist that don’t offer what you offer. And they offer stuff you don’t offer.

Example, you do web design, you call SEO agencies that don’t do web design.

You call all these agencies and say “hey, you have SEO clients that need website stuff done and you don’t do it, and we have website clients that need SEO stuff done and we don’t do it, let’s send each other clients.

This is what we do in our home services company. I have a customer service rep calling landscape companies and getting free business that way.

Personal time cost: 0 (other than telling the rep to make the calls).

I don’t cold call. I send ringless voicemails to big a$$ lists of people for $0.003 a message or something ridiculously cheap. It’s not worth my damn time. I hate calling. Then you talk only to people who are interested.

So many examples.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Cold call? DMs? Emails?

Why not knock on every doors? There's higher chance of success by showing up and offering free upfront value.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

YESSSSSS! I hope you keep shouting this from the rooftops of your Twitter feed, YouTube channel, and the like. I am convinced all of the stuff you just described is action faking, and a nasty form of it, because it makes you falsely think you have done something when you haven't.

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jan 24, 2023
I can think of multiple great, highly efficient ideas that blow the doors off “just making the calls”.

For someone to come to you and ask a specific, direct, simple question and you just block and report them instead of just saying you do cold calls, you are a douche.

Meanwhile I’ll sit on the phone for 3 hours pouring out everything about my business, repeating myself for the 15th time to people who come to me, for $0.00.

Here’s an example of being efficient. Instead of calling random businesses that hate your guts for cold calling them….

Call all of the agencies that exist that don’t offer what you offer. And they offer stuff you don’t offer.

Example, you do web design, you call SEO agencies that don’t do web design.

You call all these agencies and say “hey, you have SEO clients that need website stuff done and you don’t do it, and we have website clients that need SEO stuff done and we don’t do it, let’s send each other clients.

This is what we do in our home services company. I have a customer service rep calling landscape companies and getting free business that way.

Personal time cost: 0 (other than telling the rep to make the calls).

I don’t cold call. I send ringless voicemails to big a$$ lists of people for $0.003 a message or something ridiculously cheap. It’s not worth my damn time. I hate calling. Then you talk only to people who are interested.

So many examples.
It’s not specific questions. Sometimes people come in my DM’s with a list of 20+ questions they want me to answer. I’ve done that so many times, but they never end up using what I give them and I never hear back from them.

This thread was meant for those people to start by putting their head down and work for their goals first, instead of wanting everything handed to them on a silver platter.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Cause -> Effect

Well done @KrisRomer. You've nailed down one of the most fundamental laws that governs our world.

It's simple and blatantly obvious, yet, for some reason, the action fakers keep meditating while eating apples in the cold shower, thinking their (hypothetical) business is about to take off.

Before wanting to click on "start a conversation", think twice
"How do you get clients?"
STOP DM'ING ME.

1705855750904.png

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jan 24, 2023
Cause -> Effect

Well done @KrisRomer. You've nailed down one of the most fundamental laws that governs our world.

It's simple and blatantly obvious, yet, for some reason, the action fakers keep meditating while eating apples in the cold shower, thinking their (hypothetical) business is about to take off.

View attachment 53667
Thanks, Heavy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.