The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quitting Slowlane road to go fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
List Building Growth

Numbers. Numbers. Numbers. All of the successful built their numbers over time. Exactly 114 people are on my email list now.

There are days I have big doubts. Then there are days I´m 1000x motivated(like now).

Milestones for the next 1 1/2 months:

1000+ emails
Several Epic Blog Posts(Credibility)
A Small Product(The Trip)
An Email Course leading to Launch(Conversion Automation)
(Guest Posting)

(Instagram Marketing on the side)

P.S.: I need to do a survey as well.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
USP

The better I know my audience, the better I know my USP.
I notice that, because as I´m writing stuff for my audience I find out about hidden benefits of my product.
These benefits are really the things I was going to give with my product.

In fact, I made the mistake not building an audience first to build trust.
Doing marketing after product creation is almost like starting from zero.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Words that have huge impact on your fastlane business

I´m just compiling them here. I wrote them down after evaluating, how to execute even better. I think all of them are important and shouldn´t be neglected in any way.

Trust
Execution
Law of Effection
Good Enough
One Thing
Value
Customer
Truth
Audience First
Finish Project
Scarcity
Lead
Guru
Better Execution(than competitor)
Chess
Tribe Direction
Brand
Customer Experience
Expectations
Complaints
CENTS
SUCS
Minute Response
Customer=Boss=Stakeholder
Look Big
Knight in Shining Armor
Relationship
USP
Benefits
Price

Last edited by a moderator:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Starving

I´m pretty much starving these days. Working on a project for almost a year without revenue can be pretty tiring.
Also, there are constant push-backs I feel.

Still, gotta finish this!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Changing of Plans and Launch Plan

I miscalculated some things. Anyway, here is my new timetable:

-Launch Preparation

-Launch Preparation
-Post-Launch Preparation

-End of First Fastlane Year-

-1 Epic Blog Post

-1 Epic Blog Post

-Prepare Hustling Strategy
-Vacation?

-End of First Business Year-

-Hustling
-Maybe Launching via Kickstarter
-Living and Working more Mobile and Free

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
(F**k) Limiting Believes

I have been trying to be "successful" all my life. When it's time to pay off or when I think I hit gold or a breakthrough I just can't believe it. It might be too good to be true. I'm 10 miles from my goal/breakthrough and still I have this believe, that something will happen that will not allow me to have it.
Maybe I go to sleep and forget everything?

Bullsh*t!!!!!!

With this post I'm shutting these believes away and everything that comes from now on will be a story of great success.

I'm writing down everything I want to do and execute on it.

Dear Fastlaners I can't wait to report to you.

P.S.: I won't fail.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Repositioning
As someone who creates a new product, you need to position your follower in an advanterous way. Educate and change their believe.
You can even reposition a competition to your favour. Things can get outdated and you can position yourself as a new mindset.

All education material are subject to positioning. Something has invented it and takes advantage of being new like a new discovery.

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
The Front-End Product

This must be one of my most important posts here, because it signifies CHANGE.
There is one thing I´ve done wrong the whole time:
I didn´t sell a tipping-point hot products that has a high sales numbers rate to get a critical mass of customers.

In fact, what I did develop was a back-end product, and I´m keeping it in my repertoire. Just need to do something about the front-end product.
I´ve run the numbers and a good front-end product can give AT LEAST 200k in profit.

Here are the notes from Ready, Fire, Aim:

1. Where: Traffic-do what everyone else is doing - Media placements
  2. What- Try multiple ideas, test multiple ideas, ->New Hot Products->Product Idea fits trend, several me-toos of hot products and improve them in some way(twist)->tipping-point and exciting
  3. Price - Optimal Selling Price(Front-End)->High-Quality Clients->What industry does, Cover fulfillment, but use market elasticity
  4. Copy
The goal is to get customers.
New Lead Front-End Product every 6 months.

It´s easy.
Where are the customers. What tipping-point hot products do they want. How can you price them for CMQC(qualified)

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Business System

I made 1k from my launch. I considered it a failure, because I expected 20k from it.

But what if I could get the same numbers of leads every month and launch to my new customers every month?
What if I could get 1k every month from that system?

I got banned from my biggest lead source(guess I lost CONTROL here) so I will need to find another good traffic source again.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Imaginary Need( vs. Actual Market Need
A need is imaginary when you are recognizing a need for a prospect, but the solution already exists. Instead of cloning the product to sell to the prospect, you just refer them to the solution.
An actual market need is something that people didn´t find a solution for yet.

Need vs. Benefit
Also, what I found is that in copywriting, it might be better to sell the NEED instead of the benefit. If you only look at the benefit, then you ignore competition. Make sure that the copy really hits a NEED.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Reselling in MMOs
When I was still gaming, my MMO-Shop was pretty popular. Here is why it worked:
-products were scarce
-I was always available, when they needed a certain item
-I was consistent with the shop
-products were useful

Margins/Prices were pretty high. Why did they still buy? Because they didn´t find it anywhere else or knew they can get it from me without searching.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Huge Market vs. Small Niche
Law of effection requires scale and magnitude.
You can achieve scale with a huge market. Even small inventions can have large effection if it hits a nerve with the general market. Tailoring small niches with simple products doesn´t effect enough people.
The more niche your product is, the more magnitude it needs to have to leverage effection, which means that it needs to be so good to justify a high price as well.

You know James Jean?
He tailors/appeals to fashion, art, painting and graphic novels.
It´s so broad that it effects a lot of people. General painters are too niche. They don´t have a way to leverage.

Last edited:

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
One thing you also need to be aware of is that you can go after a couple of ideas at the same time instead of one. I'm not sure if you've changed business models in your posts since they're vague on what you're doing. If you're working on a bad idea then sometimes it does make sense to give up and work on another one or at least drastically change it. I think that whatever you're working on will be a total waste of time if it involves collecting emails. It's not going to make you millions or even enough to make a decent living.

Did you honestly think you'd make a living from collecting emails on a sales page? Name one multi-millioniare who makes a living based off of a sales page. When asking people on advice they are going to say nice things to not hurt your feelings. Very rarely at a restaurant for example do you hear people tell the waitress that the food is complete crap.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Can you elaborate with the "email collecting being a waste of time"? Yea, I´m changing quite a bit. To sell info products I need to keep marketing. It´s still trading time for money, but can give some good revenue for future endeavors. Learned a lot about what I did wrong.

You know that it´s a progress and good things can happen if you stick with it and grow.

Sorry for being vague with the last posts. I´m trying to post some actual progress in the future.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
Can you elaborate with the "email collecting being a waste of time"? Yea, I´m changing quite a bit. To sell info products I need to keep marketing. It´s still trading time for money, but can give some good revenue for future endeavors. Learned a lot about what I did wrong.

You know that it´s a progress and good things can happen if you stick with it and grow.

Sorry for being vague with the last posts. I´m trying to post some actual progress in the future.

Email marketing used to work well in the 90's. It's 2016. The conversion rate of promotion emails is very low. Out of 1,000 emails you'll maybe get 10 conversions if you're lucky. Can you make a living off of 10 conversions? Of course not. You'll never be fast lane based on what you're doing. Give me a scenario where you'd be able to make enough money to afford your own place based on what you're doing.

You're making progress to something which clearly can't support you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.