The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quitting Slowlane road to go fastlane

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Made my first ebook sale on amazon. this is like the best feeling ever. I kind of abandoned the self-publishing path, but it is nice to make a first sale!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I just graduated from something related to game industry. Have no work experience. I could work my a$$ off to make a portfolio for potential "big clients" going slowlane or I can start developing a business, going fastlane.

I chose the latter.
I hope you can help me with this journey. I´m fairly new to this, so any pointers might help.
I´m eventually going to subscribe to INSIDERS. Not sure yet, If this is the right step. I don´t want to make uneccessary expenses already.

current progress:
-started brainstorming fastlane roads by making "I wish...." lists
-now on the process of creating a landing page validating my idea
-basically IP, comic-related

I want to validate my comic idea with a landing page. Do you think this is a good way to start?
For the landing page, I will create some illustrations and a text telling what this is all about.

I don´t want to go into producing anything, before I know the market is there. As soon as I can get leads, I will start educating myself and produce. Sounds like a good plan?
offer

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Hello!
My progress was really slow so I had to analyse some of my time investments.
I have looked at my productivity score in the app RescueTime and it seems the last two months weren´t as productive as they should be. RescueTime said that a lot of time goes away to distracting websites like facebook and youtube, even though I used time blocks and scheduled a lot of time for work.

I´ve sinced blocked all distracting website elements and now I only use FB and YT for work and for communication. No website feeds. Since then, not a lot of time is wasted anymore.
I´m now using TopTracker and strive for at least 4h of highly focused execution. I get a lot done in 4h. My max. since was 6h 20min. I strive for 8h of highly focused execution. 12h is unrealistic to me(even if you say "I work 12h on my business every day". I need to make a lot of breaks or else my brain becomes mud. If someone has some opinions on that, I would be glad to hear them.
I think most of my off time now goes to breaks, workouts, cooking and eating, which seems to be a lot.

Waking up at 6am and working 4h helps me get a lot of stuff done without me feeling bad, if unexpected things come up.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Copywriting
This is sensational. Thanks to @Thiago Machado, I have read Cashvertising and I can see endless benefits in applying what I learned. You my hero!

I´m able to write my own sales pages,
AS WELL as write great job applications!

This is a dealbreaker, you know?
I have the skills, but my copy sucks. That´s probably the reason I hardly got any gigs in the past months.
Learn to write copy, because it will elevate you 1000x above your competition.

Thiago Machado

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
May 20, 2014
Copywriting
This is sensational. Thanks to @Thiago Machado, I have read Cashvertising and I can see endless benefits in applying what I learned. You my hero!

I have the skills, but my copy sucks. That´s probably the reason I hardly got any gigs in the past months.

Glad to hear, brother! ;)

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Ignite the Businessplan! I worried about how I would build my money system.
I think I should just execute and see where it goes. Iterating with every feedback.

Don´t do something everyone else does/pre-planning. Let the audience decide what to do.

For now,
finish screenplay/treatment/logline.

Then continue with pitch illustrations to finally being able to launch the webpresentation.

sWALK90

Slowly figuring it out
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Sep 29, 2015
H ,TX
Do you happen to know swift ,or any type of mobile programming?

Could you create an Instagram and market your first few comics to other gamers...watch the comments and ect to see how they feel...

Put something together quick that is fun and that people could play with others...throw some ads on it to create income...then work on a version 2 and 3 and so on...you dont have to go for the kill right of the bat...just start a bunch of small projects to make a name for yourself and some income.

Then work on the big one on the side.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Today I learned a valuable lesson:

The Pain Period

I was really reluctant to build a website for a long time. Thinking about it hurted. I seem to never be able to finish something if I dont like it.
But once you come to a desirable result, your motivation goes up tenfold.
I think this principle can be used for every task we do.
Never give up and stick with it!

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
October/November/December Review:

October:
-done some small gigs on fiverr
-became a freelancer and got my first contract, that pays my bills for some months now
-attempted and learned about screenwriting to publish a graphic novel
-researched graphic novels attempting to build a publishing company(lol)
-registered 2 domains and subscribed to 2 years of bluehost webhosting
-made a small landing page
-read "The Art of the Start"

November:
-learned about Digital Marketer/Sales Funnels
-attempted self-publishing; outsourced 4 ghostwriters to write 10k fiction novel(all of them which are now sitting in limbo, except one, that isn´t selling)
-read "The One Thing"; time-blocking
-read a lot of INSIDERS-Forum
-setup KDP

December:
-read "Who owns the Ice House"
-read "Miracle Morning"
-attempted an Art Business following the Abundant Artist
-attempted a publicity stunt
-setup a wordpress homepage with woocommerce store(I´m proud about this one)
-wrote a blogpost to attempt content marketing
-learned some excel
-researched Amazon Keywords
-setup a Google Adwords Campaign

-started reading "Ready, Fire, Aim"
-started reading "The Education of Millionaires"
-read "The Blue Ocean Strategy"
-decided on a Business Model, that I´m going to work on the whole next year
-read "Think and Grow Rich" Summary
-read "4hour-work-week" summary
-learned about the 80/20 rule
-made a definite plan of attack to reach my desired revenue for 2016

I´m going to stick to the project I have now, and I´m confident that I can pull through it.
All of the books I´ve read are important to me and I have a pretty good overview about what is important now(I think).

1. Go Blue Ocean
2. Do One Thing(Stop going all over the place and do something that you can do)
3. Have the End Goal in Mind and a Deadline
4. Do everything it takes to reach that goal in the designated Deadline(look for teachers/pay for services)->risk!
5. Use 80/20 Rule to do the most important tasks
6. Focus on Production and then Sales
7. After a million dollar of Sales, expand business

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I have learned about the importance of having a unique brands and giving a great story to customers. I´m currently developing it according to what I want to achieve with it. After that, I need to make some massive action, to make it come to life. And improving it according to people´s recommendations.

I will try to keep that thread updated about what I learn, so that one day I can repeat the process.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
The Brand of You-
What are YOU DOING? That is what people know you for. Design your own brand.
At the same time it is what you wanted to do all along. It is your passion.

And to be your brand. you need to be consistent! Everything you do should match, and do it consistently, meaning that you even have to design your schedule around your brand.

I have told a friend about my entrepreneurial endeavours. What would they say, if I suddenly stopped? Only through consistency, will I gain trust and become.

"But amazing is what spreads.

In markets where some people expend unreasonable energy, we get uneven results, and those results are things we seek out, again and again."- Seth Godin
___
An Entrepreneur is really just an artist. He designs his brand and life according to his passions and what he does.

For example: I´m building my own product and website, my own brand, therefore I am an artist.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Expanding my means

For rapid business growth I need to do big actions. Some of these big actions can be achieved with money.

For every month there is a specific amount of money I need achieve my business targets.
That means I´m at the same time working on the side to make the funds available because they are key to success.
These are investments with high ROI.
There is no time for small decisions.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Law of Effection

Just imagine. How awesome is it to impact millions.

It doesn´t matter what you do as long as you impact those people.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Monogamy

"To hit the top of your game, business or otherwise, you have to eat, live and shit your thing"

To teach I need to do multiple things:
-application
-educate

Last edited:

InnovateDesign

777 MPH
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2016
Taxco, MX
I am stuck in the dilemma of having a slowlane job which has amazing benefits and the pay is good, but I know it only keeps me from reaching my full potential. I am considering quitting..

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
I am stuck in the dilemma of having a slowlane job which has amazing benefits and the pay is good, but I know it only keeps me from reaching my full potential. I am considering quitting..

Hey man!

"The pay is good". What is your goal of having a good pay? If you take it just to have money, then you are trading time for plain money.

Take the money to have financial cushion, so you can work on your fastlane for a extended period of time.

or

Use it to invest in your business.

Money should be only enabling you to go fastlane. Quit as soon as you have saved enough money or have enough to invest.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Strategy

My content strategy has been working pretty well so far. My blog posts are in-depth and give tons of value.

I captured ~350 emails from content strategy and
1400 from sweepstakes.

I´m reading all I can about closing the sale and creating a so-called stadium pitch seems to be the way to go now. My biggest objectives are trust and authority.
I´m planning for pre-sales starting in 1.8. Exciting times, but my fear of failure is still apparent.

The first 5 months I spent on creating the product FIRST makes me cringe, but I still feel like I like it more than building the audience first. I wanted to have a tangible and sellable product which will be my vehicle to the fastlane.

If I fail, then I know that I still provided tons of value and this is what is important to me. I will keep up helping people and make their life better.

I don´t know yet what I´m doin in september. October is my 1 year anniversary in the fastlane and I certainly want to put some time to rest and recharge for the second fastlane year.

1. 7.
-1 Epic Blog Post
-1 Stadium Pitch
(-Email Content?)

-2 Epic Blog Posts

1.9. ???

1.10. Building more Authority and Building More Assets
Also refining the product if it is somewhat successfull(there are some things I´m not quite happy with yet).

I´m also going to the gym in the morning now. Instead of the outcome I just have fun working out and focus on the progress of improvement every day. I feel a lot better throughout the day. The few days before that were horrendous.

Again, I want to focus more on progress instead of outcome, otherwise I´m becoming crazy.
I certainly don´t like to think of "sacrificing" for outcome and instead think of the progress that I make.

Every Outcome is the result of Progress.
IF you focus on Progress, then Outcome will be INEVITABLE.

Progress every day.
Progress in yourself and in your business.

Last edited:

IAmLegend

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 18, 2016
just keep focusing on what you're doing and never give up, the subscribers list is your ASSET, keep growing it, its like a gold... Good Luck

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
First Sale - No Launch

I don´t know what to say. Yesterday I made the first sale for my course from an outdated sales page.
I didn´t market my product and didn´t launch it yet.

Awesome.

P.S.: My last blog post got a lot of traffic and the email list is growing well. Exciting times to inspire.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Mastermind
I reach a state where I could benefit from a Mastermind or even Mentor. Business Obligations become more dense and I would benefit from advice as well as help. Instead of having to read new books on business spending too much time with it, it would be probably better to get fast advice that I can execute on very fast.

Some things to do:
1. Read stuff on how to manage Money/How to manage Passive Income Streams(TMF mentions to stay monogamous at first, but I see many opportunities to get small revenues..)
2. I will need to hire people to help very soon(Hope everything works out). I hope to be able to grow rapidly with that. Tony Robbins mentions to hire people who do it better than you, because if you could do it, then the problem would be already solved(or something like that)

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
Copywriting

Totally agree.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Launch "fail" and Business Mastery

After a long time of hustling I think that the results are rather mediocre and I´m focusing more on developing working consistent business systems and learn all I can do on running a biz starting small as well as optimize for time-efficiency.

Time to go back to the drafting board.

I still have some theories on why I failed and will try to optimize for results by testing.
The most important thing for me at the moment is to build working systems that can run rather efficiently.

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
"As soon as I can get leads, I will start educating myself and produce."

Wrong! Educate yourself as much as possible about your idea. If I were a potential "lead" and I asked you an important question that you were not educated on, I personally would find someone else.

He doesn't need to know as much as possible, just a bit more than 90% of his leads would do (which probably won;t take too much time), enough to impress most of them when they ask questions.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Here is what is happening next:

Find your open road: -forget the big idea, go for better and improve
The tribe has spoken: -they tell me which direction to go
Be someone´s savior: -execute WELL(commandment of entry) and innovate
Customer Service: -if the product is mediocre I can still fix it´s shortcomings with excellent customer service

My business seedling?: Content System

What do my customer´s want?
I think I didn´t listen well enough.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Validation
I sent out an email to my readers asking for their opinion on my future business model.
Got a response from someone who does branding services.
He gave me some cool insights on how to improve the model and gave me his honest opinion,
which reminds me that I probably should look for local entrepreneur meetups as well to meet cool people, who are way more experienced than I am.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jan 1, 2015
Funding
Step 1: Work on side hustles to get enough funding+stable income
Step 2: Work on another side hustle as practice for fastlane biz
Step 3: Have enough experience to execute well on fastlane biz

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.