The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Progress thread - Badcourses.com

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Logan Powell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 9, 2018
Banff, Alberta, Canada
Have you thought of the legal ramifications of such a site?

Lets say I thought I had a good course. Good meaning, it was good for total newbies like my mom.

You come along and say its just "meh" or bad. Maybe even fake and you post it on your site.

You think I won't try to get that taken down legally?

I will say this, I am just speaking out loud. I am not sure what the laws are around this.

Thanks for the thought. Definitely, something I didn't think too much about. I wonder though, as long as it isn't slander, wouldn't it be allowed to be reviewed?

Logan Powell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 9, 2018
Banff, Alberta, Canada
I have checked your website, and the first thing I noticed is that it is not HTTPS.
In 2018, this is clearly a deal breaker especially for SEO.
Also more and more browsers are now showing warning to the users. This alone could drive away lots of people from your website.
With Let's encrypt, it just takes 5 minutes to install a free certificate and enable https. There is no excuse for not having one.

Thanks so much for the feedback @SebPP ! I will jump on that right away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
There is absolutely zero transparency in this industry,
and no single site that objectively reviews a guru's credibility.

If I wasn't so busy in the current business,
I'd jump right on creating a Guru Review site.

Posted about it here.

Even MJ wanted to potentially create one.

Exactly.

I too have thought about going after this as well months ago. The only issue holding me back was the legality, which I never looked into.

Sampath

Be the Change that you want to see in this world
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 30, 2018
Canberra, Australia
Don't get me wrong on adding value. Im not against the idea. I do appreciate if it is going to add value.

However, how is the value addition validated in the market (Soft proof) ?- that customers are ready to pay for the service. It is very difficult to review. Today you have a scam review site for every other person who is in the market and it depends on the background experience, capability framework and life experience of the reviewer who reviews and publishes online. There is always a bias.

I am sure even MJ may agree that there are scam review sites out there pointing at this forum as inappropriate. But only those who understands the entrepreneural path would appreciate MJ's vision in the forum. "You being the change that you want to see" is one of the most important and difficult accomplishments - MJ has proved it with his books and forum.

Any ways good luck on the project.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great idea.

Happy to take the Pepsi taste challenge with Fox Web School content in the future if you wish.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
I see the value in this. Lots of industries have these types of sites.

Lets say you could magically have a completed website tomorrow, that has vetted most of the courses out there and has a lot of reviews posted from the public.

Great, now what's the path to monetize the site? Have you given that any thought?
My question, too.

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
It's a good idea, but I think you'll struggle to monetise it.

When you give an affiliate link for a courses you like, I think most people will just think you're just trying to sell them it and therefore not trust you- Especially if it's the first thing they've read on the site.

Also if you open it up to other people to leave reviews, the gurus might just hire a few people to post fake ones if it ever got big enough.

Just a few potential challenges for you to think about, but you may well prove me wrong.

Good luck anyway!

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
Just my 2 cents. I recall someone who had taken B School (Marie Forleo) saying it was a terrible course.

I typed into google and came across a post on Quora, no idea if it's still there. There was one woman in particular who said that Marie goes to town on any negative publicity on the internet and her legal team are all over it. It could of course be hearsay and gossip but it crossed my mind too that you might invite some of that.

I also agree an impartial review where people who have actually taken the course are giving feedback is useful. For example, you wouldn't want fake reviewers who are recommending their own course as an alternative :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.