The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Name my Poop Shield - win money (at least $100)!

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
"But wait, there's more...poop!"

Actually this product screams for an informercial. I should consider making my own YouTube one prior to launch.

With Team America style vomiting but poop

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
OMG, go with "Oopsie Poopsie"

I can totally seeing that a big hit with a funny marketing video. Couple that with a video in the same spirit of "The Hand Job" or "Poo Potpourri" or "Dollar Shave Club" and you'll have a hit on your hands. We're talking a success to the likes of my avatar!!
After day 1, this is at the top of the wife's "I like that one!" list and is in my top 3.

Just 22 hours left everyone! Keep em coming! There is no way I'm beating @Eskil , @JasonR or @bensonj to Shark Tank without a great name!

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
HOOD = Hands Out Of Diaper
Hands Off Of Doo

Baby Hood
Belly Hood

Baby Palette
Palette
Poop Palette ..J/K

Poo Tutu
Doo Tutu

Diaper Saucer (assumming it's round or semi round)
Diaper Dish
Baby Satellite
Diaper Plate
Diaper Ring
Baby Ring
Baby Saturn
Saturn's Ring
Lifesaver

Toilet Seat
Turd Table
The (Baby) Roundtable
Diaper Wheel
W h e e l of Whoopsie
Whoopsie Wheelie
Baby Throne

cautiouscapy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Dec 30, 2012
UK
Are you planning to market in other countries - we know what a diaper is ('cos we watch so many American films and TV series) but in the UK we don't call it that...

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
Are you planning to market in other countries - we know what a diaper is ('cos we watch so many American films and TV series) but in the UK we don't call it that...

Happy Nappy Change Range

Change Hood

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Yes, and that's a great point. Thanks for reminding me of that.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Let me lobby for Oopsie Poopsie... (Or Oopsy Poopsy)

Here's why:

1) The name is very baby oriented because adults say this to babys.
2) Has the word "poop" is the name, but is still cute.
3) Definitely brandable, memorable, and most importantly, SHAREABLE. (Will people share on social media? With other more serious names, maybe not.)
4) Unique
5) Falls in line with the product which is by far, freaking unusual and somewhat funny.

If you do choose this name, I recommend grabbing both names above. If neither are available, grab "getOopsyPoopsy.com" or "buyOopsyPoopsy.com" - that's standard infomercial marketing domain 101.

Good luck. This can get exciting as a progress thread!

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC

Here's why:

3) Definitely brandable, memorable, and most importantly, SHAREABLE. (Will people share on social media? With other more serious names, maybe not.)
4) Unique
5) Falls in line with the product which is by far, freaking unusual and somewhat funny.

If you do choose this name, I recommend grabbing both names above. If neither are available, grab "getOopsyPoopsy.com" or "buyOopsyPoopsy.com" - that's standard infomercial marketing domain 101.

MJ - the only problem I have is that when you google "oopsie poopsie" some...unsavory...things pop up. (NSFW)
It's also the name of a dog poop scoop.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ - the only problem I have is that when you google "oopsie poopsie" some...unsavory...things pop up. (NSFW)
It's also the name of a dog poop scoop.

Barriers that you could probably alleviate. Your product is not related to dogs so I would guess that trademark protection would still be available. Definitely something to check out.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....

Here's why:

4) Unique

While I understand your logic, but if I was a dad there is no way in hell will you catch me dead saying, "Honey? Did you bring the oOOpsie Poopsie?

More than likely I'll probably say, "Yeah, I got the Shit Shield."

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Well, if someone was to ignore the obviously superior ShitShowStopper for a name that's more "family friendly" or "non-offensive" my 2nd fave would have to be the Oopsie Poopsie.

I'm just thankful it's a product I'll never have to purchase (but I would totally bring it to one of the endless number of baby showers that I get invited to because ohmygodeveryoneishavingbabies).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
but if I was a dad

Doesn't matter what ya call it after it's purchased. Once it's purchased, it's money in the bank. More than likely it would be bought by the ladies, so I would hope the name would appeal to women. Dads can call it whatever they want, and heck, I probably refer to it as a shit shield. "Shit shield" is actually great verbiage to use in the marketing literature.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Doesn't matter what ya call it after it's purchased. Once it's purchased, it's money in the bank. More than likely it would be bought by the ladies, so I would hope the name would appeal to women. Dads can call it whatever they want, and heck, I probably refer to it as a shit shield. "Shit shield" is actually great verbiage to use in the marketing literature.

My wife and I call it the poop shield around the house.

And we don't change a poopy diaper without it.

Chris R

Desire. Logic. Fear.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 9, 2013
Poopy Butt. And you can have a little song that goes along with it: "I gotta poopy butt" and have the shamwow guy do a stiff legged wattle to the song in a barney the dinosaur outfit. make it into a michael jackson's thriller type video with a bunch of characters doing the poopy butt dance

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I am so excited to find out what you decide! there were a lot of awesome choices!!

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Wow - tough choices.

The Top 4 Were:
Potty Armor (I let the late submission sneak in)
Oopsie Poopsie
The HOOD (Hands Out Of Diaper)
Diaper Hero

The Funniest Were:
ShitShowStopper
Frightened Turtle (we sometimes refer to a poop that is emerging as a "turtle head")

After a really tough deliberation, I've selected: The HOOD.

Why?
1)I thought that the acronym worked really well -
2)it could be said casually and easily in a sentence "Did you remember to pack the HOOD? Can you get me the HOOD - he had a big one!"
3) It was memorable "I'd really like the HOOD at my baby shower - hope someone gets it!"
4) Had a more gender-neutral appeal.

BUT - I'll be testing those 4 names against both stores (as I walk my prototype around local baby boutiques) and parents (via polling). After all, what matters is what my customers (and wholesale buyers) think! If the name changes, I'll update the thread and let everyone know.

@Guest please PM me your email address to claim your gift card!

ps - if you think I'm wrong, I'd love to hear why! PM me or respond in this thread
pss - MJ, after I get a store to agree to carry my product, I'll create a progress thread. I currently have hand-made prototypes (which I've sold) and just got my 3d renderings today.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
The Hood is the only one in the entire thread that doesn't at least give me some indication as to what the product is or does.

Not saying this is good or bad, just interesting that out of the entire thread the one chosen is the most ambiguous.

With the acronym I feel it's put in context. I intend to have it displayed as something like "The H.O.O.D" with the "Hand out of Diaper" below on the packaging.

But to be honest, I don't know how the market will respond. Maybe they will love Oopsie Poopsie or another choice - in which case I'll change to respond to their needs.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
yeah I agree with rich kid. I think there were much more appropriate names posted. I look forward to seeing what your testing shows

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.