The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jason's How to Build Wealth & Golden Nuggets

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
I understand if they don't want to share the website, they must have good reasons, but it's always our duty to ask what we want :).
It's also our duty to know when to be quiet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
I do not grasp I just asked and I don't discuss your points, I am truly grateful for his insights. I was curious like I guess more people here to see him, Zen, IceCreamKid websites or other successfull guys, they are our reference so it will be inspiring to us. Probably because you don't need to have an spectacular website to make the money that their are making. May be we see their type of websites and we don't realize they can't make such a great amount of money because they are focusing on solving a need. I don't know, that's why I ask. I also won't say that the website is almost irrelevant, but I am not an expert.

I understand if they don't want to share the website, they must have good reasons, but it's always our duty to ask what we want :).

@Grimaldo re-read this thread from the beginning. Jason gives a sick example of one of the best sales funnels out there... Spend a couple of bucks and go through Survival Life's funnel yourself.. There's a ton of free info on this stuff if you spend the time to look for it.

G

Grimaldo

@Grimaldo re-read this thread from the beginning. Jason gives a sick example of one of the best sales funnels out there... Spend a couple of bucks and go through Survival Life's funnel yourself.. There's a ton of free info on this stuff if you spend the time to look for it.
I guess all of you are tired of newbies coming into the forum and you don't accept any "mistake" or anything you think is wrong and jump really easily.
Don't assume the time that people spend in the forum, the money they spend in learning or anything else.

I was curious about Jason, and I wanted to know more about him, and I asked it as much nice and politely as possible. If someone is new I will just reply politely or ignore him.

Seeing the “likes” I can think that I am probably wrong. So I want to apologize and I will act better. I would like to stop this here, anything PM me.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I was curious about Jason, and I wanted to know more about him, and I asked it as much nice and politely as possible. If someone is new I will just reply politely or ignore him.

First let me say that I don't think anyone has been rude to you in their responses.

Second, this is a question we see from time to time. "What is your website?" or "What is your product?" It is a question that puts people's guard up because there are many copycats who just want a shortcut to success. They read about the success and money someone is making and think "Ooooo, I can do what they are doing" and as a result they want to know more about the product or website. I'm certainly not saying you would do that but it does happen and the reason for the responses you've gotten here.

There are a couple threads here were we caught members (even on the Inside) that have copycat'ed a business that was shared openly. We've quickly 'outted' them and ban them.

Now, back on topic.

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
Be product agnostic.

I don't care what I sell. As long as it sells.

Your passion won't bring you wealth (usually).

Be passionate about business and the process, and you will be successful.

Oh, you like to Snowboard, so you're going to build a snowboard e-commerce business. Your passion is NOT reason to go into business. I lost 8 months and made 0 sales attempting following my "passion" when deep down I didn't how how to add value in this particular market.

I can testify and confess to a lot of lost money and time to misdirected "passion". Thanks much and preach on!

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas

Castaway

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Feb 15, 2014
The Woods
Hmmm... I have a feeling we've seen something like this before...:)
This is a great article (I've shared it a couple of other places here):

http://imscalable.com/blog/12-million-dollar-lesson/

Could it have been in yet another amazing thread... ;)
The Dolphin Thought Process:
1. Where is the pile of traffic?
2. What do I need to do to get in front of that traffic?
3. What does it cost to get in front of that traffic?
4. Now that I know traffic costs, THEN I ask what product does the traffic want.
5. What is the cost for the product to get it to them?
6. After I got the product to them, what ELSE do they want? Then TEST and find out.

Off to learn more about media buying! :hurray:

You guys rock! :rockon:

pisco

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 26, 2012
Vienna
Nice mindset! Love it! Never have thought that I am caring later about money!

Great advise from you Jason!

btw how much are you currently making?

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
So - in business, I'm learning to realize that while most days are GOOD, some days will suck.

Sometimes, sales will be slow. There will be dips. There will be "oh shit" what do we do moments.

It can bit a bit of an emotional roller coaster at times, so I'm learning to take my emotions out of the process.

Like I was saying, some days (very few days) sales will suck. It is what it is.

I've learned to not be scared and pull my advertising money out.

Sometimes, you have to pay to play.

maniek00000

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jul 30, 2013
btw how much are you currently making?

Hey, I just realized how my mind is changing with this forum. Half year ago, every post I have read made me thinking: "How much money this guy is doing? If I just could know what business he is running or what niche at least, I'd know how to do it myself".

The truth is it changes nothing. I have read 1000's case studies and I am not closer to making any money on my own. I am stuck in the idea phase, so there is a looonnng way to make my dreams come true but I can see this little changes so it gives me motivation to take actual action. I know it has been said many times, but once again, only "taking action daily" matters.

Thanks for all of the big contributors on this forum.

Last edited:

Bimmer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Apr 5, 2014
So - in business, I'm learning to realize that while most days are GOOD, some days will suck.

Sometimes, sales will be slow. There will be dips. There will be "oh shit" what do we do moments.

It can bit a bit of an emotional roller coaster at times, so I'm learning to take my emotions out of the process.

I've learned to not be scared and pull my advertising money out.

Sometimes, you have to pay to play.

This is very true, I also experience this from time to time, and the best way is to just sit it out, and don't look at your business from day to day, but from week to week (or month to month).

I've had periods where I get really poor sales for 3-4 days in a row, and in the beginning I would feel horrible about this... than the next 2 days things get back to normal, or sales are pouring in like there is no tomorrow until later sales are averaging again. That's the nature of the business I guess... some days will suck, without logical explanation. So now I just accept it and don't feel discouraged or so (Still hard though)

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut

That about sums it up. I am in sales and have been in full time telesales for the past few years. Just as life ebb n flows so does sales, the main point is to stay in the game and try to take emotions out of the equations. Some of my best closes have been in the midst of business lulls.

Experience creates a healthy amount of skepticism and resiliency. I wish you the best of luck Jason not only in financial success but in becoming emotionally resilient to the sales roller coaster. I'm still working on it myself :)

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey Jason, first off I want to thank you for providing value to the forums. I've only been on the forum for a short time, but have come across some of your posts and found them very valuable. I know you're very busy so I won't waste your time here. I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can help answer:
  • How did you come up with your product? I know you always say the product doesn't matter, but I'm just curious how you decided to go with what you're selling. I understand your product is in the pet market.
    • Google keyword planner?
    • Reading up on CVO, I'm learning that it's better to focus on a bigger market rather than niche so you can drive more traffic, etc. Is that right?
  • How did you source your products?
  • Are they your own personal brand, generic or other people's brands?
  • If I'm not mistaken, I believe you said you were carrying inventory and packing/shipping your own products while having a day job. How did you manage to do this while working a 9-5?
Thanks for your help, Jason. Keep crushing!

I got this PM today, and figured I would post the answer publicly, here.

I took something that already existed, and selling, and made it BETTER. I put one on my Uncle's Dog and everyone asked him where he got, so I said F*ck it, I have a winner, and built the infrastructure required. However, I could have done more testing online before I invested my time and capital into it. I'm also building a sales funnel around it as it's more of a tripwire product than anything.

Here's the thing. You CAN enter high competition markets with products that sell like crazy. You don't have to reinvent the wheel. Go to OfferVault.com and check out the products on there, and take a look at the payouts. If they're paying $30-40 for a sale, and the product is only $30, well, they have something slick in the back end.

I don't really believe in the Google keyword planner to find "profitable" niches that are underserved.
Yes, I like BIG markets. Sometimes if you can do something different or tweak something that is already selling, (like selling guitar picks for cheap or almost free to sell your high-end customer guitars - as a random example) you can kill it in the market. What I'm doing next, will hopefully kill off my competitors, or at the very least have their offer look very poor compared to mine. That's because when I have a winning sales funnel, I'll be able to sell tripwire products dirt cheap, to get people into the funnel...

My products are manufactured. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say where did I source them. Everything is sourced and made in the US.

They are my OWN brand of products, and are unique to me. Although, some of the stuff I'll sell down the line and in the funnel won't necessarily have to be unique. You just need an EXTRY point, a unique angle or cool product, to get people to make that first purchase from you - I'm speaking in terms of sales funnels.

About the time issue. Here's the thing...

I made time. I slept less. I would sometimes be up until 2-3 AM working, shipping, manufacturing, working on the website, traffic, etc. Whatever I needed to be doing. Then I'd get up at 7-8 am to go to my day job. Come home, rinse and repeat. I didn't party, I seldom dated, I sacrificed SO much. I still do, yet I have some breathing room now. You just have to find a way, and want it BAD enough.

If I took a break, I usually was reading a business book or learning something business related. On occasion I'd hop in the pool for 20 minutes, or take a power nap on the hammock for 20 minutes.

I moved BACK into my parents house, and started the business out of the garage at 28 years old. No, I didn't want to live in my parents house at 28, but I was hungry enough to do anything. The money I saved in rent went straight to the business.

Then, I moved to Scottsdale. I literally, picked up, and move EVERYTHING to go pursue my dreams and goals with @TheTruth and @AndrewNC. We had no TV, no couches, just a cool apartment on the 3rd floor with computer desks and mattresses.

So I ask you, how hard have you tried? What are you willing to do, to achieve your goals?

I've picked up and moved, twice in the last 8 months, to get to the next level. I will hop on a plane and go meet people. I've been flying once a month to Dallas for NLP training. If I have to fly around the world to do it. I flew to Vegas on a moment's notice because @zen******* said get on a plane I have some cool people I want you to meet.

I've shoveled dirt at @zen*******'s house on Labor Day Weekend (albeit with a skid steer, hehe), because he's opened up a cool new world to me and has been the most kickass mentor I could ask for.

I have made many mistakes, and lost a bit of money, and more importantly, time making those mistakes.

But, I'm not afraid to make them, as long as they aren't catastrophic.

If I have to almost go broke to build my funnel (it's been extremely challenging and frustrating to find the right people, and software, to do it) I'll make it happen.

I was just in Phoenix, and met with a new vendor. 7 hour drive? So what?

I'm not trying to say hey, look at me, look what I've done.

Instead, I'm asking you, how far will you go, to achieve your dreams?

Last edited:

StayPositive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Mar 20, 2014
@JasonR, very inspirational post.
I'm currently preparing to launch my own sales funnel (hopefully will start in July) and you are a guiding light for me.

You CAN enter high competition markets with products that sell like crazy. You don't have to reinvent the wheel.
This is it. I also believe all we need is:
- validated market (if there is a competition, there is a demand)
- at least a small advance in our product (own brand, better features, better packing, etc.)
- marketing system, for example sales funnel

lolo08

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Feb 2, 2014
@JasonR Could you give us some more informations about your sales funnels. How did you build your funnel etc?

Edit1: I dont want his actual plan, i wanted to know how he started his funnel. Which good resources he found etc.

Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
@@JasonR Could you give us some more informations about your sales funnels. How did you build your funnel etc?

OMFG :(

Jason, I'm PMing you my Paypal address. Can you just send me like $1k/day? Thanks bro.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I just bought 2 products I didn't need (paid for shipping mostly) to test out their funnel system. Very straight forward although I personally think it's tricky and deceiving. No wonder they all have complaints and are always investigated by the FTC.

I got the credit card knife from survivallife and some guide from dotcomsecrets.com

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Here's a funnel Webinar I signed up for from Digital Marketer. Here's the replay - it was useful to me, and hopefully some of you will find it useful.

http://funnelblueprint.com/webinar-replay/

http://funnelblueprint.com/whiteboard/

Obviously, I'm not associated with these guys in any way, but I figure the best way to learn is to learn from the best in the busines.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

TBreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Feb 20, 2014
MA
@JasonR Could you give us some more informations about your sales funnels. How did you build your funnel etc?

research sales funnels for the rest of the day. You will realize how difficult your question is to answer

Last edited:

Weavie

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
May 12, 2014
Before I joined this site I didn't even have a clue about the concept of a sales funnel. I just thought sales was a binary thing. People went to a website and were convinced to buy something which they either did or didn't.

Reading around and discovering about sales funnels has really opened my eyes to a lot potential. I used to think good ideas were just something a select few would have. I didn't understand what people really meant about process.

Now I am starting to learn that there are some deep and universal principles about commerce which any one can apply and benefit from if they are willing to really dig down and learn and then apply (I'm getting to that bit).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Edit1: I dont want his actual plan, i wanted to know how he started his funnel. Which good resources he found etc.
Even worse....... the guy has left bread crumbs the size of railroad cars...... still cannot see the path......

drmctcher

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 14, 2009
Phoenix Metro
My 2 cents... @jason R this thread is an incredible GOLD MEMBER, that should be immortalized!! Thanks for all your generosity in sharing this stuff.
I also loved your episodes on Billy's podcast!! Have you recorded any more with him?

Guys if you haven't bought TBB 2.0 yet... you may be interested in this link. I have ~0~ affiliation with it. I'm planning to use this link too.

Remember when @JasonR posted this link...http://imscalable.com/blog/12-million-dollar-lesson

Well that guys name is Justin Brooke, and of course this is just Justin's opinion but he recently sent this out to his email list which I subscribed too...

"Traffic Blackbook 2.0 is definitely my favorite traffic course.

But it does have it's problems (explained further down).

Here's a few of the best lessons inside...

• Section 2: 4 Main Outcomes of Any Campaign
  • Section 3: What Does a Winning Sales Funnel Look Like
  • Section 3: Landing Page Case Study
  • Section 4: Competitive Intelligence Methods And Tools
  • Section 5: Landing Page Design, Copy, & Psychology
  • Section 5: Essentials Pieces of Successful Banner Ads
  • Section 6: Explanation of Different Types of Tracking
  • Section 6: How To Set Up Split Testing
  • Section 6: Conversion Optimization Part 1, 2, &3
  • Section 8: Locating Sites For Media Buying
  • Section 8: Negotiation Strategies For Media Buying
  • Section 8: Understanding Insertion Orders
  • Section 8: Scaling & Improving ROI on Media Buys
  • Section 10: How To Win On Google Display Network
  • Section 10: GDN Keyword & Bidding Strategies
  • Section 10: GDN Approvals & Compliance
  • Section 10: Case Study of a Successful Campaign
  • Section 11: Getting Ad Approvals on Facebook
  • Section 11: Custom Audience Targeting
  • Section 12: Creative Methods To Retarget People
  • Section 14: Creating HOT Offers w/Peter Nguyen
  • Section 15: Press Release Traffic w/James Schramko
  • Section 17: Solo Ad Secrets w/Daegan Smith
  • Section 18: Cold Traffic Copywriting Secrets
As you can see it's a VERY comprehensive course. It covers just about every popular traffic topic that is relevant today.

But that's actually one of it's problems.

You see there are over 100 lessons to go through inside, which can be pretty overwhelming.

It's like a college course on traffic, and it takes my employees 4 weeks to finish. Plus, how do you even know where to start?

Small Cheap Campaigns You Can Do Overnight & Have Traffic Tomorrow...
I wrote a report called "Overnight Traffic."

It's short and you can read it in a couple hours. Inside you'll learn about small cheap traffic campaigns you can setup quickly, so you can have traffic - overnight.

It's like a "cliff's notes" version of Traffic Blackbook 2.0.

And when you buy Traffic Blackbook 2.0 through my link, I'll send you a copy of this report.

Not All Traffic Sources Are Equal
Plus, I'll send you a copy of another report I wrote called "Traffic Compass."

In my 8 years online I've learned that every traffic source has a type of website that it works best with. For example, the page you use with Google Adwords is NOT a good page to use with CPV or Solo Ads.

And vice versa due to how those methods work.

Traffic Compass is a manual that shows you 6 different types of websites and which types of traffic sources naturally work better.

I wrote it to answer the popular question... "Where do I start?"

It also covers a few traffic methods not even mentioned in Traffic Blackbook 2.0, such as methods that work best for local marketing.

When you buy Traffic Blackbook 2.0 through me, you get both of these reports.

Just email your receipt to info@imscalable.com with subject line -Traffic Blackbook Bonuses.

These 2 reports compliment Traffic Blackbook, and help make it not be such an overwhelming course.

With these 2 reports AND Traffic Blackbook you'll be able to get started overnight, as well as have over 100+ lessons from Chad to keep you busy for awhile.

Click here to buy Traffic Blackbook 2.0

Talk Soon,
Justin Brooke

Affiliate Disclaimer: The law demands that I tell you I'm going to make money from recommending you this product.

I say "Proudly!"

I would have to say based on his previous blog post, Justin knows what he's talking about...Hence I think the 2 reports he will give you would also be good information.

Here is Justin's link...http://email.imscalable.com/e1t/c/*...LtkYQ2jBgJcN2qKWsbCBRqgW6m4Tgm7nQpvpf6Ltx4X02

Again I'm not affiliated at all!

Just wanted to share the link with those who haven't bought, as I think Justin's info is valuable.

DRM

Harley

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jun 9, 2014
Here's a funnel Webinar I signed up for from Digital Marketer. Here's the replay - it was useful to me, and hopefully some of you will find it useful.

http://funnelblueprint.com/webinar-replay/

http://funnelblueprint.com/whiteboard/

Obviously, I'm not associated with these guys in any way, but I figure the best way to learn is to learn from the best in the busines.

This info is great JasonR.
Can I just mention to some of the more advanced members of the forum - I have been lurking for a while here and recently joined as there are some great people willing to help (Thanks again JasonR, pure gold for someone learning the ropes). However, I did wonder about joining as some of the guys who have the knowledge are very easy to jump all over a newbie for asking what is sometimes an innocent question. I know it must be very frustrating when you see some people come in time and again and want the road to riches, without doing any of the work. I can completely understand that. But, I think is all some are asking is a nudge in the right direction as to where they may start their research. The "OMFG" quotes and the like do put some new " genuine" people off asking basic questions, I'm sure.
Where as other senior members will simply respond with quality links, to good information. Not trying to offend anyone, just offering an outsiders viewpoint
Regards,

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
This info is great JasonR.
Can I just mention to some of the more advanced members of the forum - I have been lurking for a while here and recently joined as there are some great people willing to help (Thanks again JasonR, pure gold for someone learning the ropes). However, I did wonder about joining as some of the guys who have the knowledge are very easy to jump all over a newbie for asking what is sometimes an innocent question. I know it must be very frustrating when you see some people come in time and again and want the road to riches, without doing any of the work. I can completely understand that. But, I think is all some are asking is a nudge in the right direction as to where they may start their research. The "OMFG" quotes and the like do put some new " genuine" people off asking basic questions, I'm sure.
Where as other senior members will simply respond with quality links, to good information. Not trying to offend anyone, just offering an outsiders viewpoint
Regards,

Reading this entire thread would have answered his questions lol. Take the time to research the topic first and then ask a high level question. You'll get better responses that way.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
But, I think is all some are asking is a nudge in the right direction as to where they may start their research. The "OMFG" quotes and the like do put some new " genuine" people off asking basic questions

The reason I ignore most of the questions in the thread like this is they add no value, and I don't want to clutter the thread up.

I want this thread, my thread, to be as high value as possible, and also a dumping ground for things I've learned along my journey.

Here's the thing, guys, the answers your looking for are out there, if you search for them hard enough.

No one is going to do the work for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.