The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going to make $2,500 in one week with $0 investment

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
I just want to point out though, for people scoffing at how little money you made, that my slow lane was a fairly decent white collar job for a guy just out of grad school, could support a family, etc, and I made around $200/day. So making an extra $110 over two days means you gave yourself a 28% raise by growing a pair and picking up the phone, no crying to the boss, no working your way up the ladder, just an idea, a phone call, and money. Boom. If you can do that every day, or even five days a week, that's going to substantially increase your quality of life by the end of the year. That's roughly the difference between earning $50,000 and $64,000 if you make $110 extra every two days. Hustling is like a lifestyle change, while wanting to make thousands right off the bat is like a crash diet that lasts 72 hours. One changes your life in small increments and results in real financial growth by the end, the other is just an action-fake blip.

Respect the hustle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
D

DeletedUser394

I just want to point out though, for people scoffing at how little money you made, that my slow lane was a fairly decent white collar job for a guy just out of grad school, could support a family, etc, and I made around $200/day. So making an extra $110 over two days means you gave yourself a 28% raise by growing a pair and picking up the phone, no crying to the boss, no working your way up the ladder, just an idea, a phone call, and money. Boom. If you can do that every day, or even five days a week, that's going to substantially increase your quality of life by the end of the year. That's roughly the difference between earning $50,000 and $64,000 if you make $110 extra every two days. Hustling is like a lifestyle change, while wanting to make thousands right off the bat is like a crash diet that lasts 72 hours. One changes your life in small incitements and results in real financial growth by the end, the other is just an action-fake blip.

Respect the hustle.

Mad respect bro.

ExecutionisKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Jan 3, 2014
MI
Hustling is like a lifestyle change, while wanting to make thousands right off the bat is like a crash diet that lasts 72 hours. One changes your life in small incitements and results in real financial growth by the end, the other is just an action-fake blip.
Respect the hustle.

Great post. I really like this analogy.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I'm interested in this thread.
It makes me want to start a web series where entrepreneurial minded cats like yourself challenge themselves to see how much $ they can make starting with 0 and going to $$$.

Reselling on ebay, craigslist hacking, reselling cars, no cash down RE deals, etc would be profiled.
It's going into my Yellow notebook of video series ideas.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
am I missing something? all you did was create yourself a job? until you can automate it and not touch it or do anything, how is this different from any other s/e business? how can you scale it?

I don't mean to be rude but my husband can pull some work and some really good money but hes hardly fastlane :(

D

DeletedUser394

am I missing something?

Yes. You are.

Back in 2011 I turned $0 into nearly 6 figures by doing almost exactly this. Ever since then I get a steady stream of young guys around my age asking me how they can get started and earn money.

Most don't have jobs to begin with, and have zero sources of income.

I'm just showing these people that it isn't hard to generate money.

This is not fastlane. Not everything in the world has to be fastlane all the time. Everyone needs to start somewhere.

Even if I make it to that $2,500 goal by Wednesday, that amount of money won't change me or affect me. Heck, I'll give it all to charity. The point of this is to plant an idea into people's heads and to show them that if they think outside of the box, they don't need to report to a boss at 9am every morning.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
well alrighty then LOL... :) I want to think if they weren't thinking out of that box they wouldn't be here.

D

DeletedUser394

well alrighty then LOL... :) I want to think if they weren't thinking out of that box they wouldn't be here.

Everyone on the forum understands that there is an alternative to the 9-5. That is exactly why they are here in the first place. What is lacking in a lot of people is the knowledge of how to bridge that gap between the job and the 'fastlane business' side of the equation.

Engaging in an activity such as the one I'm outlining teaches many skills that are fundamental to success in business.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I agree. however I guess what I am failing to see is how one translates to the other...

I see lots of people who have very successful businesses but have no chance at all of making it in the fastlane... in fact I scratch my head sometimes...

I can run the shit out of a business. I am not fastlane.(Yet!) I could do what your doing no problem... what makes the difference (in my opinion as someone who has seen a lot but not accomplished much yet) is the ability to take that $2500 bucks and turn it into something fastlane. how to make it multiply.

if learning how to refer some people and do some manual labor got people out of the slowlane or learning how to run a business for that matter, there would be a traffic jam in the fastlane...

I need something, as most people do, is to figure out a way to take that surplus cash and turn it into passive... I know what my plans are I don't have the same priorities as most here although I do want a lot of the same ultimate goals...

sorry if I am being thick...

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
@CarrieW, this is semi Fastlane - he's creating an income for absolute minimum work. A few phone calls (emails - same thing) and a quick drive across town - voila! He made $60 to do only optional manual labor.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
uh no there is no semi fast lane if your exchanging your time and labor for money its not fastlane imo...

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
now if he got someone else to do it and taught them and then multiplied it to 100 cities that's fastlane :D

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
The reality is this: if you want to have more in this life, you have to become more.

RichKid's hustling lessons teach people how to become a stronger version of themselves, which is vital for the fastlane.

Whether it is fastlane or not, I don't care. It helps you become more.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I never disagreed with that aspect. in fact I am having my kids start a business of this sort. its an extremely important lesson as are many others... but the ultimate goal of it will not be the outcome that is desired here. that all I am saying

KLaw

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 4, 2012
ohio
="CarrieW, post: 352483, member: 387"]I agree. however I guess what I am failing to see is how one translates to the other...

I can run the shit out of a business. I could do what your doing no problem...

@CarrieW
Prove it. Start a progress thread or if @RichKid doesn't mind blend your progress thread into this thread. It would be truly interesting and add a great deal of value if you could share / compare your hustle. Im not talking about a competition. But, damn that would be fun to see what kind of hustle you got compared to the King of Hustle (RichKid). Go for it.

Last edited:

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
figure out a way to take that surplus cash and turn it into passive

Find products on Amazon around product ranking #100,000 for the sports niche. Get an LLC and resellers license from your state. Contact the manufacturers and offer to sell their stuff. Get approved, ship the stuff to your house, relabel it to Amazon standards, and ship it to Amazon. Viola!

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
There is no money without SOME commitment of time. There's no purchasing a system and watching the money roll in. MJ had to spend time to set up the limo thing, then more time to maintain it. His separation from work came after he got it all set up. Then he could utilize the autonomous system that he built.

Without expenditure of time (read: EFFORT), there's no one to purchase something that you didn't build, no cashflow from those zero customers, and no big payout from the unproven system.

If RichKid wanted to build this in to a Fastlane biz, he could create a temp service or a LaborReady type of company. This thread is simply just showing that with zero money to start with and the power of the internet, you can create an income if you leverage people's need to work and other people's need to have work done.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
skip that step and sell something directly thru clickbank or something without touching it... still a job :(

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
if you build truly passive businesses or investments or assets you don't have to maintain things... you can tweak and make things grow and continue to work. but if you find that magic formula you don't have to... HAVE TO... I don't want to have to do anything.

if I want a car and I need 40-60k whatever maybe I will go do something cause I want to off set it. but I don't have to...

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
if you build truly passive businesses or investments or assets you don't have to maintain things... you can tweak and make things grow and continue to work. but if you find that magic formula you don't have to... HAVE TO... I don't want to have to do anything.

Work your a$$ off, take action daily, be smart about your moves. Focus. Execute. Just like MJ did. Put the 12-16 hour work days in.

After a few years, you will finally be in the position to have what you've always wanted: the capability to not have to do anything.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
The magic formula comes after you amass wealth and assets. You can invest large sums that grow themselves. But to throw $500 in a ETF won't bring $40k/month in growth, it will bring a number proportionally smaller.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
Slowlane = $500 per month in an interest bearing account.

Fastlane = $500 to start a business, reinvest, reinvest, reinvest, put $10m in an interest bearing account, $40k/month in returns.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I just posted about this LOL... I have no desire to change my life right now... you don't know my story so I will just tell you the important parts. :)

I am disabled, I have 2 kids that I CHOOSE to homeschool. I have made a lot of choices that would seem to conflict my presence on a board like this...

I don't make excuses. every decision I have made has brought me to who I am today. I have more knowledge then a lot of people on this board.

don't judge a book by its cover. :)

I am at a point in my life where I can finally begin focusing on things that are important to me... and to us as a family. as the kids get older my responsibilities become less time consuming and I can concentrate on the money gathering side of the equation... as I said I have my plans. once I start executing, well we will just have to see what happens :p

I am simply trying to get others to think about the what happens after they got that 2500 bucks. in another post I will add some quick things I would personally do if this was my project. maybe they will be helpful maybe not. but please don't speak down to me... you have no idea who I am or what I have been through or the depth of my knowledge on any subject :)

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
RichKid shows people how to build a bridge, not 'leap and the net shall a(swallowyoucrushyourconfidenceandsendyoubacktoyourjob)ppear'

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
RichKid shows people how to build a bridge, not 'leap and the net shall a(swallowyoucrushyourconfidenceandsendyoubacktoyourjob)ppear'
That took me about four times to try to read, but damned if you're not 100% right.

And then I laughed, woke up the baby and all. Totally worth it!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
just to prove I can play along... what I would do first is take one day to figure out the local laws pertaining to doing business in the local area. then I would make a contract for the homeowners a blank form with some form of disclaimer on it saying that you reserve the right to sub contract the work out to a contractor of your choosing etc... then make sure whoever you have subbing for you make sure you have their paperwork on file any licenses and insurance as well as a form stating that you are no way employing them, they are 100% a sub contractor and if their payments exceed the limit (used to be $600) you will be sending them a 1099...

find someone to make the initial contact calls and set up appts and take incoming phone calls as well as schedule the contractors. have someone (same person or different) go out and sell the jobs and turn the info into the scheduling person... only time you have to be involved is to cut checks and if the shit hits the fan... and even then you could have someone else defer 90% of that if you can find someone trustworthy...

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
So RichKid, are you planning to add any more craigslist laborers, or are you content with the two you have so far?

Mike.B

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Oct 27, 2011
Ohio
@RichKid I think it might be more helpful to some people if you explain the process a bit. For instance, a little detail about the emails you're sending out, the phone calls, how you're arranging payment, etc. I'm not saying do a step by step and spoon feed everyone, but offer a little more insight into your process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.