The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going to make $2,500 in one week with $0 investment

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
CarrieW, go back to the OP. Richkid is trying to show how to overcome some of the main 'woe is me, I can never start a business excuses'.....

a) I have no time/I'm too busy
b) I have no money

He is using little time to create a little money. Thus breaking down the mental barrier that keep many on the sidewalk.

D

DeletedUser394

@RichKid I think it might be more helpful to some people if you explain the process a bit. For instance, a little detail about the emails you're sending out, the phone calls, how you're arranging payment, etc. I'm not saying do a step by step and spoon feed everyone, but offer a little more insight into your process.

Good idea, I can definitely do this, I'll get something written up later today.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
@RichKid I'm finding this helpful as I'm hustling for dollars as I type. Problem is I've always SUCKED at hustling. I WANT to get better. It's pissed me off so time to practice more.

I'm taking notes...and action. I called the guy who cuts our lawn and has done some jobs for us and worked a deal. I get 10% off the top of every job I get him.(Craigslist emails this a.m.) He and his crew are Mexicans and have many talents and a hell of a work ethic.

Much appreciated.

D

DeletedUser394

This really exploded over night haha.

Basically I just want everyone to understand that this is not a fastlane endeavor, and I'm not pretending that it is. This is a way to start getting creative.

Fact is, a lot of people would rather be self employed than employed by 'the man'.

To get to 'Z' (passive, you don't have to do anything, etc), you have to do steps A to Y.

What I'm presenting here is just one path that a person can take to get started towards their fastlane.

The only thing 100% passive I'm doing right now is ETFs, and not for capital growth, but for income. Just recently I was able to drop 24 days off my slowlane job because the income generated from those assets were equal to those 24 days.

So if I (Person A) and Person B earn the same amount of money, he has to work 50 weeks a year to make the exact same amount as I do in only 45 weeks at a slowlane job even though our salaries are identical.

I use money from my other ventures (not this thing) to build that portfolio and I add more days off my slowlane every time

It's a weird way to get to the point of financial independence but it works for me lol. As my side ventures profit increases, so does my income in the form of withdrawals from the ETF account.

Busy day ahead!

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
It's a weird way to get to the point of financial independence....
Not at all. It sounds like a practical way. The only way, really.
Even if this was your sole source of income, and you spent 40h/w on it,
When you DO reach the 2500/week goal (and it will happen, even if it takes a month or prepwork)
it would still be worth it.

You'd be valuing your time at $62.5/hr and have an annual income of $130K, which many people dream of.
All it would take from that point is a few human systems and you're gold.

You can't just go out and outsource a job you've never done,
you'd be leaking cash for a LONG time before it became profitable.
Hiring a lawyer/dispatcher/sales guy isn't effective until you can train that sales guy on what works.

This is the exact process on how a passive businessWOULD get started.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
thank you for taking some time to explain everything... and the reasons behind it...

my only reasoning behind my posting is because if my child came to me (like some of the others in other threads I don't want to go to college etc)and said I want to not go to college an get into the fastlane, I am going to do (insert op here) and I will never have to work... (some people are very literal)

I just wanted to point out that just figuring out how to get ahold of that money, however useful is like you said only one step along the journey... my son and daughter after beginning their fastlane studies. have said well lets just go make a lemonaide stand and well be rich! or we can do this and then never be concerned about money again. when I hear that I sit down and have the same conversation I had on this thread last night. while it would be awesome to have that (and we will be) there is a whole lot more to a life of financial freedom...

while it may be very obvious to others what the point of the thread is I felt I needed to point to exactly what it is NOT... to each their own...

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It makes me want to start a web series where entrepreneurial minded cats like yourself challenge themselves to see how much $ they can make starting with 0 and going to $$$.

@DennisDuty You're really, really going to like my YouTube channel then.

@CarrieW Hustling seems like small potatoes because @RichKid is starting with nothing. When you start with zero dollars, all you can trade is your time. When you get more money, the principles he put in place are incredibly powerful. Lots of people on here think that "fastlane"=100% passive income you set it up online then pay hosting fees while you never think about it and jet around the world. That's not it. Read TMF again. It's all math, it's an equation, and like any equation, you can alter some parts to affect others. Lots of people attach the volume and time part, but hustling can attack the magnitude part, which is just as powerful.

Last year I hustled something. I bought it for $14,000 (so I had cash to inject, unlike at the start of RK's plan, but it used the same principles). I sold it for $21,000 about a month later. If a work day takes eight hours, the amount of time it took me, focusing on this product, to go from ink dry on the buy to ink dry on the sell was four work days, that includes prepping the product, photos, advertising, etc.

At that rate, I'd make the same amount I made at my slow lane, fudging the figures for benefits, etc. and assuming the hustle was consistent day-to-day, in approximately 1 month. Instead of 12 months. That means, if it was consistent, I could retire (slow-lane style) in 3.5 years rather than 40 years. Of course, this is all rough math, but it sounds pretty fast to me.

WHAT'S MISSING HERE IS AN OBVIOUS TRUTH: NOTHING BUT SCAMMY AFFILIATE PROGRAMS AND BS MLM PITCHES EVER PROMISES TO BE UTTERLY INDEPENDENT OF YOUR TIME.

The fastest fastlane still requires hours of your time each month, it's just that, if you're lucky, those hours have incredible magnitude and are taken at your leasure rather than in pre-determined 40-hour increments chained to a desk with a boss standing over you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
uh no there is no semi fast lane if your exchanging your time and labor for money its not fastlane imo...

A shame you don't get it after all these years. Hard work is Fastlane. Process is Fastlane. Using your head is Fastlane. Using available resources is Fastlane. Acting is Fastlane. Human capital and the generation of value, with no money, is Fastlane.

I think you are being a bit disingenuous to come in here and ridicule someone ("That's not FASTLANE!") who is trying to help other people who might have ZERO dollars. Many folks lean on the crutch of "I don't have money" and @RichKid is doing them a favor and showing them it's just an excuse. We value action around here even if it might not be textbook Fastlane.

Thank God when I got started many moons ago I didn't post that I was designing websites for money, a TIME attached endeavor. Perhaps @CarrieW would have screamed "That's not Fastlane!!" and I would have went back to swinging for the fences with a toothpick instead of trying to build a real bat.

Rep for RichKid.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I wasn't screaming at anyone :( I was trying to help

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

D

DeletedUser394

Today I learned that Subway makes pizza. Fairly decent pizza. Now you're probably saying they've been doing that for years but in Canada these things take 10 years to migrate over the border. So it's new for me :p

I got a PM this morning asking about how one would do this if they are in a country that doesn't have craigslist. This is fairly simple. I'm pretty sure every country on earth has some kind of online classifieds. For this to work, all you need from your online classified is a search function.

Here's my process step-by-step.

So: How do I find laborers?

Easy. I search for keywords like 'cash job', 'rent due', 'cash', 'pay end of day', etc. The classifieds I'm working with has a separate section for resumes/job wanted and job postings. Most people don't know how to read, and they end up posting their resumes or requests for cash work in the job postings section and NOT the RESUME section which would be the correct place.

This is bad for them (because nobody's going to read it), and good for me (again.. because nobody other than me is going to read it). So I make a point of contacting these people.

You guys need to understand that I'm getting rejected 95% of the time. Most of the time nobody responds, a couple of them respond and have nothing nice to say (LOL), and then you get one or two genuine people that you can put to work.

What do I tell the laborers?

I tell them the truth. Quote: 'I'm a student looking to generate a bit of extra money on the side, so I've decided to match people up with cash jobs. In return I'll be taking a small percentage of the money, and I can help with some of the labor if needed. The exact percentage I get will be agreed to before the job starts.'

How do I find the homeowners?

I use the same keywords as mentioned above, but this time in the job posting section.

What do I say to them?

The truth like before. 'Hi, I'm _____ , blah blah blah, I've put together a small team of workers who are looking to augment their income with some cash work.'

Arranging payment

I take my fee upfront when we show up. The workers get paid on completion. If ever they didn't finish the job or do it adequately then I'd be happy to refund the homeowner.

Email vs. text vs. Phone

Preference will always be Email. I can vet workers and homeowners alike by searching their email address. From my experience, 90% of the time a person's email that they use will be the same as the one they've got on facebook. So I check facebook to see that they look normal and don't like any weird or potentially dangerous things.

Email is also not as time sensitive. Because I still have a real job and other responsibilities I don't want to be interrupted having to answer the phone 24/7. I do use the phone in time sensitive situations. Typing on a smartphone is less than ideal.

Texting is okay, but the biggest drawbacks are the fact that you can't hear who you're dealing with and you don't know who they are. If you live in a riskier area I would avoid texting until after you've already established at least a base line as to who the person on the other end is.

Don't let the rejection crush you

Don't fire off 5 emails to people and then when you hear nothing back, give up. Fact is, you're going to get rejected far more times than you make a connection.

I'm going to estimate that 1 out of every 20 laborers responds. (5%)

I'm going to estimate that 1 out of every 3 homeowners respond (33%)

And that's JUST for responses, not even actually signing up a laborer or homeowner. For that, divide each into 1/3rd.

Today's jobsite (ie apartment) was really nasty. My clothes smell like a combination of cigarettes and weed just from doing a walkthrough after work, but I got my money, didn't have to do anything, and then went to Subway and made my way home, pizza and sub in hand.. They were 'free' after all.

Shameless plug
: I'm working on an all encompassing hustling guide that covers all of this and more. Preorder is $25. I won't be releasing it publicly so it's a one time deal. This means you actually have to join the forum (if you're a lurker). Send me a message and I'll add you on the list in the other thread for transparency.

Any other questions related to this thread, fire away.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
That flatzitsa whatever pizza thing I think is new they are promoting the heck out of if in the states as well. :) good luck and no hard feelings I apologise again I really was not intending to bash you. I can't believe that mj (Idk how to tag lol) called me disingenuous ;(

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

D

DeletedUser394

Haha, it's not a flatizza here, it's really an actual pizza. (Not square, but round and made of dough instead of that flatbread thing.)

No worries.

To tag someone you just add the @ sign and then their name.

'
Subway said the Flatizza will replace the round, personal pies offered at many of its 26,600 U.S. stores, but it's ultimately up to franchisees to decide whether they want to switch. Not all do -- at least one store in New York City had signs promoting the round, personal pies on Friday.'

We just got the Round ones that they are starting phase out in the US hahaha, nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennis Steenoven

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Feb 2, 2014
Find products on Amazon around product ranking #100,000 for the sports niche. Get an LLC and resellers license from your state. Contact the manufacturers and offer to sell their stuff. Get approved, ship the stuff to your house, relabel it to Amazon standards, and ship it to Amazon. Viola!

Can you give an indication of how profitable this can be? In my experience with Amazon, which is still limited, it seems like the only way to make money is when you're the sole supplier or the cheapest one. I just can't see how vendor number 26 is able to profit form offering the same product as the other 25, at a higher price. Much appreciated if you could elaborate a bit.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Can you give an indication of how profitable this can be? In my experience with Amazon, which is still limited, it seems like the only way to make money is when you're the sole supplier or the cheapest one. I just can't see how vendor number 26 is able to profit form offering the same product as the other 25, at a higher price. Much appreciated if you could elaborate a bit.
You have to make sure that the companies you deal with are strong enforcers of MAP, don't allow Amazon to sell their products, have at least 50% markup from wholesale to retail, and the goods should be at least $30 or higher. You also must always be fully stocked (via FBA) so that when the other 25 run out of stock, you swoop in and get the purchases that would have gone to them.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
You have to make sure that the companies you deal with are strong enforcers of MAP, don't allow Amazon to sell their products, have at least 50% markup from wholesale to retail, and the goods should be at least $30 or higher. You also must always be fully stocked (via FBA) so that when the other 25 run out of stock, you swoop in and get the purchases that would have gone to them.
Wow, I didn't even HAVE to buy the book!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
I was on my phone... I tried to do that LOL I wonder if its different on that tapatalk

@MJ DeMarco lets see if that works...

in all of the time that I have been here f I haven't proved at least my integrity and honesty then wow... I don't even know what to say to that... even if I haven't learned anything by the forums ruler/litmus ($$$) (I like to think I have) I cant even believe you would say that. :(

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hard work is Fastlane. Process is Fastlane. Using your head is Fastlane. Using available resources is Fastlane. Acting is Fastlane. Human capital and the generation of value, with no money, is Fastlane.

People complain about not having money or connections. And YET. The sacrifice and human capital is the most important barrier to entry/process. Otherwise why would the Sharks on Shark Tank invest in any companies since they have tons of money and connections?

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
I have more knowledge then a lot of people on this board.
Knowledge is only justified by action. If knowledge equaled money, librarians and professors would be billionaires. They're not if that needed clarification.

Yet in reality people like Paris Hilton and Miley Cyrus are worth several million.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.