The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FB marketing help

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Looks like you're running optimized CPM. You can't really do that until you've done some testing on CPC. Take your highest CTR ads, run them as CPC, and run ONE ad until you get a few hundred bucks of data.
Also, it would help me if you listed your pre-sale and offer page.

Thank you @JasonR for the info. I will switch my ads to CPM/CPC instead of OCPM.

I don't have a pre-sales page. It's a straight up ecommerce site so my product page is alphamonics.com/p/deep-meditation-relaxation-sleep

Also I wasn't planning on killing the campaign because I didn't get a sale yet. I just wanted to see what good/average numbers were and whether I should be trying CPM or CPC.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
So just a quick update:

I added a bunch more ads, eventually raised spending limit on the account to keep testing things out. I found 1 ad that performed really well, cpc averaged to about $0.10 each (was averaging $0.40 before). My CTR was 3%. I had about 350 clicks which turned into 66 post likes (don't care much about this), 50 page likes (great), 14 shares (great), 3 comments (ok) and the kicker...0 sales.

The thing I noticed is that all of those clicks/visitors were from mobile so now the question turns to:
1) is my website optimized for mobile as much as it should be
2) is my copy/landing page the issue
3) is my price the issue
4) something else

I'll keep testing and post updates. I'm going to disable mobile and see if I have the same results with desktop

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Is that advice based on my stats or generally

Built4Greatness

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Dec 25, 2013
What is everyone using to track this besides facebook itself? @JasonR do you recommend any more in depth tracking such as the photo you showed.

With goal $ amount etc.

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I just use analytics goal tracking for now

S

stranger

Create a free FB page on your product/s and join to different groups on the same subject. And then you can see how well they'll like your page. I got my first FB customers with this way, and spent no cent at ads. Of course, then you should go to paid ads.

Jakko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 2, 2007
Maybe unbundle your offer and try selling shorter, individual tracks at a cheaper price? Or use a few free samples or "how to sleep better at night guide" ebook as lead magnet to get their email address so you can market them your core product later. If they don't buy, you have their email address to get in touch with them to get feedback on how you can improve your product or ask why they aren't buying. Also, try split testing with a landing page so visitors don't get disoriented after clicking your ads with an expectation or so that you can offer content that supports the message in your ads.

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
My landing page currently converts from my EMAIL LIST at about 2%-3%, but not seeing that rate from cold traffic

my EXACT problem... cant figure it out for the life of me... spent $2k already on FB ads with horrible results

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
my EXACT problem... cant figure it out for the life of me... spent $2k already on FB ads with horrible results

I'm thinking I can definitely drive signups to my login form, but right now that, too, only has a conversion rate of 2-3%. Each subscriber is currently worth about 75¢-$1.00 at the moment, but most of those people are from free SEO traffic.

I might get a better rate from people who come from FB campaigns and are targeting to have higher income and higher net worth.

Its hard to say, and a risk. I might have to try a mixed strategy, but I am going to fully flush out if I can get cold sales first because that's the simplest funnel, easiest to track.

@eqttrdr send me your skype details in a PM, and I'll add you. Currently talking to a few others on Skype and it's helping tremendously. Would love to bounce ideas off of you.

Maybe unbundle your offer and try selling shorter, individual tracks at a cheaper price? Or use a few free samples or "how to sleep better at night guide" ebook as lead magnet to get their email address so you can market them your core product later. If they don't buy, you have their email address to get in touch with them to get feedback on how you can improve your product or ask why they aren't buying. Also, try split testing with a landing page so visitors don't get disoriented after clicking your ads with an expectation or so that you can offer content that supports the message in your ads.

I already do this, but (as explained above), getting people into a "lead magnet" trap/funnel is a lot less profitable because the funnel is longer. More places for them to fall off, and with $1/click on my FB ads, and a target price of 70¢ per signup (50¢ would be ideal), that would be challenging to achieve.

I may run an ad to see if I can get more signups, and then target ads specifically to people who saw my website already.

So many options, so many strategies, so much room for failure. Plodding on, I must keep doing...

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Maybe unbundle your offer and try selling shorter, individual tracks at a cheaper price? Or use a few free samples or "how to sleep better at night guide" ebook as lead magnet to get their email address so you can market them your core product later. If they don't buy, you have their email address to get in touch with them to get feedback on how you can improve your product or ask why they aren't buying. Also, try split testing with a landing page so visitors don't get disoriented after clicking your ads with an expectation or so that you can offer content that supports the message in your ads

I'm working on the landing page now and a few other strategies and then will retest them.

Evelio

MarketingLoopholes.com
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 21, 2014
Miami
but not seeing that rate from cold traffic on FB

Try creating a funnel system to warm up your traffic. Your reach is very low but in my experience 2% CTR is not bad. So your two issues seem to be; not enough traffic to test with yet and your landing page or product page isn't converting.

You are taking your visitor from a cold ad to a cold sale with basically no product information. Its like me calling you on the phone without introducing myself or what I have to offer then asking you to send me $20 for some product.

You have no copy in your landing page: alphamonics.com/p/deep-meditation-relaxation-sleep. Unless you are solving an incredible pain your sales conversion rate is going to be very low.

At the end of the day you are selling a product, so sell it!

Just my 2 cents.

Best of luck to you.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
PS. Check out this video: http://goo.gl/wkOBz1

I'm watching the video right now.

"Mrs. April, saw these on the job, thought you might like them, they're real pretty, I hope you enjoy them..." <- From the video, lol. That lawn maintenance guy is pretty smart though!

Okay I need to look into DigitalMarketer a bit more, so far the video is great.

PS: How many clicks did that link get? ;)

Cembo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
Jun 26, 2014
Thanks @Imgal , that's exactly how I did it but I was just afraid to spend more money. But I have not started to use retargeting pixels yet. And what exactly are custom audiences? I have a couple of them through a shopify app, but I don't know what to do with them

@theag Thanks, I thought a 1,3 Frequenzy was high! I mostly target people who like specific websites and fb groups. I have a feeling that I already get a lot of referrals because my organic sales got higher. How do you measure that? I will put my ads on 100€/day and see how it goes.

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
@Cembo In the case of your Shopify custom audiences they are people who have landed on your Shopify site. These can be a real goldmine for advertising to. You could for example ask Facebook to show an ad to everyone who visited a product page, but didn't get to your thank you page after purchasing (this gets a bit more complicated with ecommerce than a basic lead gen campaign as your thank you page doesn't necessarily mean they bought the product you're pushing). It's a great opportunity to remind them of the benefits of your product or tempt them with a discount.

Another thing you can do with the custom audiences is create lookalike audiences and get Facebook to find similar audiences. If you use a conversion pixel on your site (which I suspect is what Shopify is doing) then Facebook will go out and try and find people with similar buying behaviour. It's not foolproof and some campaigns work better than others, but definitely worth trying out.

If you want more info on any of it give me a poke. Writing this on the run so sure I'm missing out big chunks trying to write quickly!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
True, but in those situations its better to scratch together the budget and do 3 days with 100/day instead of 30 days with 10/day. Simply better and actionable data.

Or do other marketing until you have a bigger budget. But too low budgets kill paid advertising efforts more than anything, because you dont know what to do with inconclusive data.

I can't disagree. Stupid piece of slowlane advice earlier. You seriously made me re-evaluate the advice I give out on the subject. Respect for that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.