The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2013 B&P... what we're doing...

nitrousflame

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 7, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Special thanks to Mike and Danielle for opening their home to us - you guys treated us like old friends over for a beer and not a stampede of strangers invading your home. I couldn't have asked for a more welcoming first time.

This. 110%.

And who thought I'd meet such celebrities as the Shark Tank crew and an NPR reporter? :p

:rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I had a blast.

Things were great. Everything. And thankfully many pics will never see the light, otherwise....

I learned a lot, like every time I come to one of this.

I can't wait for the next one, the count down has started...

Let's see how many of those that say "I will make it next year" actually make it.

I was on the fence about going this year but didn't plan accordingly so when it came time to buy tickets and everything, I couldn't do it. Now reading this thread and really seeing what I missed, I'll be an idiot to miss it next year. Am I 100% sure I will be there, no but I will plan for it so I have no excuse to miss it.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Got to meet the Shark Week bloggers and an NPR legend journalist this weekend, UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING.

Cannot wait til the next Bra and Panties... I mean Beer and Pancakes.

& I got to meet the legendary KAK, larger than life! ;) :rofl:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Jon and Mrs jon just got home.
Amazing time!
Thanks to all my new friends.
My biggest reward, Mrs. jon thanked me for bringing her :)

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Last edited by a moderator:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Jon and Mrs jon just got home.
Amazing time!
Thanks to all my new friends.
My biggest reward, Mrs. jon thanked me for bringing her
Meeting you guys was great. Both of you are amazing. Please tell her I say hi, ok? And I will see you next year. Deal?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Got to meet the Shark Week bloggers and an NPR legend journalist this weekend, UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING.

Cannot wait til the next Bra and Panties... I mean Beer and Pancakes.

& I got to meet the legendary KAK, larger than life! ;) :rofl:

Just a capitalist pig...

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I've only missed one. It'll never happen again.

I fly for 2 days over 10k miles to get there. I spend over $5k to be there. Plus $xxxK in bar tabs...

I won't miss it.

I learned a huge amount. Steve (KFS) and I are traveling for 4 weeks and we have been talking about our takeaways all day.

I estimate $1m in value from B&P this year. Seriously.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I estimate $1m in value from B&P this year.
You two are the ones that, for sure, will never need my services to reach and sell something to my biggest customer!

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I guess I missed the Jay Leno reference...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
That would be me and my giant a$$ head.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Excuse me... It was Russell Brand pole dancing. And there is at least one pic of such event.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
That would be me and my giant a$$ head.

I can't believe no one ever told you that you look like Jay Leno before.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So here is my take away from BnP this year.
I have come to identify that the most powerful thing I get every year from BnP, is a reset in my thought process. Something I cannot gain from the forum or words over the internet. When we type we do not type with emotion and we generally don’t type all the nuances out because it is not as easy as talking is.

Going to BnP resets the way I think about situation, the way I interact with people I know and strangers. I found myself telling people at the airport that I liked their shirt, but I also had full conversations with people on the plane. Asking them their advice on certain things (typically what’s there best advice in regards to children for the next year of my life). I feel like you really extract and brighten people when they feel like the genuinely have a value they can provide to you and you are receptive. I also get some good pieces of advice. Win-win.

I get a ton of value from the presentations and the one-on-ones that follow them after hours. Sunday afternoons at the Marinani’s are always the best because everyone is relaxed and sort of on the mend. I got info from Jason about sales techniques that I am implementing today to streamline sales and handle larger volumes. That conversation was 20 mins, and will save me hours over the next few weeks, and probably increase gross revenues by some degree. That’s a net multiplier I can’t achieve reading info over the internet because before I met him I would never knew the questions to ask.

So each year I come back to DC and have a completely new attitude and thought processes in regards to my business and the people I meet. Every year it gets more and more refined, again something I couldn't accomplish without getting together with the crew that is so diverse.

I also find that those that present year after year improve their presenting skills year after year, which will increase your overall poise when dealing with clients and customers. The first year I was there I talked ahead of myself and shied away, I remember Mike Collins and some other people were the same. Much like Steve C and Sal were this year, but over 3 years, mike and others are confident as ever and I am sure we will see the same from Steve and Sal in future years. (just using you all as a reference, no offense). After having presented in front of 50 incredible people taking in every word you say, that sales meeting for a $2M contract doesn’t seem so hard anymore does it?

That was my main take away on the plane yesterday. Thank you to the local guys for all the support. To the Marinani’s for the continued stellar level of hospitality. Kenric, mike, trev, and Jennifer for the organization of the event. And all the attendees for showing up and being awesome.

Oh and making Billy and I famous in Scottsdale…. At least until everyone got home and got on the internet… !

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
a reset in my thought process.

100% agree. After arriving back home I had this feeling that's hard to describe - like I had a full tank of gas suddenly and only JUST realized I had been running on fumes for the past few years.

I did more this morning than I've done in the last 4 weeks. There's an energy now that just wasn't there before.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You did your initials too jayjit.

Also remember... When you are golfing for business, don't be a total a**hole.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I found myself telling people at the airport that I liked their shirt

I found this pretty funny when we were at the bars. I'm like...what is this guy doing? Then proceeded to laugh every time you said it. Great times...

Kyle...I think people just like calling you "kak" better. I know I do.

Graham Chong

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Apr 29, 2012
Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! Shall fly from the UK next year. Will sort out my annual leave for that :)

Btw Kak means elder sister in Malay :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So. I am going through withdrawals from not having a bunch of like minded entrepreneurs around to talk with. I am going to make it a goal to join EO by the end of the year so I can get a little of this at home.

You guys are absolutely awesome. It was amazing how easy it is to make friends when we are so similar. I would venture to say I had a much better connection with most of you immediately than any of my longtime slowlane friends. To us business is what is important. To them, it is all about how bad their job sucks and how much they hate their boss. We don't communicate on the same wavelengths.

Any time, any of you want to skype up a group of people to talk business and shoot the shit. I am completely up for it.

Also, Mike and Danielle. Thank yall so much for your hospitality and putting on such a great event!!!

Last edited:

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Just wanted to drop in and thank everyone again for the great presentations and advice (and Mike and Danielle for opening your home).

The 30min conversations at lunch/dinner/bars were worth the trip alone.

I was running some numbers on the plane ride home and if B&P could be expressed as a math formula it would look something like this I think:

(Original idea) x (advice over lunch/dinner) x (presentation ideas)^20

$20,000 x 400% x (1.05)^20 = $212,264

That’s a 21226% ROI…not too shabby.

Jamillah

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Sep 23, 2012
CO
I would venture to say I had a much better connection with most of you immediately than any of my longtime slowlane friends. To us business is what is important. To them, it is all about how bad their job sucks and how much they hate their boss. We don't communicate on the same wavelengths.
This is so true! you just "click" better, even if you've never met them before.
Sounds like this was so enjoyable! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.