The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*2* My Profitable Proposal For Those that Can Think In The FAST LANE *2*

Anything related to investing, including crypto

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
This is Part 2 to the epic fast lane investment thread: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/in...ble-proposal-those-can-think-fast-lane-3.html

The original thread was closed because I found an investor through it. He is immensely enthusiastic about the company, but the investor and I thought it would be better for me to decide if he can reach for a position in the company instead of me giving him the title of investor. So I'm not here to see which of you investors are interested in making money here now, I am here to ask for some advice to take out a loan.

I would like to take out a loan for 14k to officially establish the company U.S wide. I will be able to pay back the loan fully in 3-4 months which is as soon as we take off.

Information that might be involved with my banking: I'm 21 and have some grants, education loans and academic scholarships from my university. Other than that I have never really done anything bank related so I assume my credibility is spotless.

Anyone possessing expertise in start ups or banking we at the empire welcome your insight. I ask that before you ask questions about my company please read Page 3 of the original thread, I was asked a lot of the same questions 3-4 times. Thanks. -Yale

P.S. My next thread will be the progress thread :thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
Hey what's up guys!

I am the individual from the forum who will be trying out for a position in the company. While the initial thread spited a lot of controversy, everything I have seen has proved a legitimate business. Just to put everyone at ease, I am in a no-risk position, and the OP was extremely flexible when it came down to finding a way for me to get involved in the company. Whether you choose to believe it or not, the proof will be in the results.

While many members disagreed with the way the OP approached finding investors, now he is merely another member on the forum asking a question. Not everyone agrees on all topics in this forum, so this post should be treated like anyone else asking a question.

That being said, here is my opinion on finding loans:

- I feel small banks are better than bigger banks because they have fewer customers and are more likely to have a strong sense of customer service, which will allow you to explain your business plan to them and to increase the chances of you getting a loan.

- I think that the timeframe is short enough that they would be willing to accept - banks want to be paid back as soon as possible.

- However, a high rate of interest might be established if you don't have prior background info, or a current consistent income to validate your loan and your eventual repayment.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Wait… I am confused. Did you get the $14,000 "investment" you were looking for in your last "epic" thread? "We at the empire?" You mean you in your dorm room? You can probably just Google and get the answer to your questions, or call a banker and ask him how to get a loan. Why didn't you take the money from your 17 year old "investor?"

As a reminder… Do not solicit funds on here for a private investment either via the message boards or via private messaging.

Your first thread was epic but not for the reasons that you think it was epic.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
Hey what's up guys!

I am the individual from the forum who will be trying out for a position in the company. While the initial thread spited a lot of controversy, everything I have seen has proved a legitimate business. Just to put everyone at ease, I am in a no-risk position, and the OP was extremely flexible when it came down to finding a way for me to get involved in the company. Whether you choose to believe it or not, the proof will be in the results.

While many members disagreed with the way the OP approached finding investors, now he is merely another member on the forum asking a question. Not everyone agrees on all topics in this forum, so this post should be treated like anyone else asking a question.

That being said, here is my opinion on finding loans:

- I feel small banks are better than bigger banks because they have fewer customers and are more likely to have a strong sense of customer service, which will allow you to explain your business plan to them and to increase the chances of you getting a loan.

- I think that the timeframe is short enough that they would be willing to accept - banks want to be paid back as soon as possible.

- However, a high rate of interest might be established if you don't have prior background info, or a current consistent income to validate your loan and your eventual repayment.

Very intelligible and helpful post, + Rep. I'm keeping the smaller banks in mind.

Wait… I am confused. Did you get the $14,000 "investment" you were looking for in your last "epic" thread? "We at the empire?" You mean you in your dorm room? You can probably just Google and get the answer to your questions, or call a banker and ask him how to get a loan. Why didn't you take the money from your 17 year old "investor?"

As a reminder… Do not solicit funds on here for a private investment either via the message boards or via private messaging.

Your first thread was epic but not for the reasons that you think it was epic.

LOL you seem upset. We can all see you came to this thread to pick on people. I asked a question to get advice from people who have knowledge with start ups/banking. I will not pay your insulting questions any mind. If you have a constructive question or something nice to say I will happily answer you.

And to your reminder, I wont let any investors invest from here no matter how profitable the deal. Wouldn't want people to make money at the forums expense as we already stated.

Ugh, not this shit again.

that's what i'm saying.

I believe the original thread was closed by MJ because you were illegally soliciting investment funds.

yes it was because someone decided to invest, which is what is meant by that my friend

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I like Mark Cuban's approach. 99% of small businesses you can start with little to no capital, its more about effort.

[video=youtube;NwEkMUr5mk8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwEkMUr5mk8[/video]

And BTW I'm still incredibly confused as to what it is you want to do. Tell me exactly what it is you are going to do with the money?

I believe the original thread was closed by MJ because you were illegally soliciting investment funds.

I'm really surprised it wasn't deleted. Straight up totally ILLEGAL. The SEC takes these things very seriously.

And BTW just a side note the SEC just changed the General Solicitation law: Game Changer: SEC Lifts General Solicitation Ban - Forbes

Fact Sheet - Eliminating the Prohibition on General Solicitation and General Advertising in Certain Offerings

My bet is this thread is going to end up just like the other thread. :sigh:

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
I like Mark Cuban's approach. 99% of small businesses you can start with little to no capital, its more about effort.

And BTW I'm still incredibly confused as to what it is you want to do. Tell me exactly what it is you are going to do with the money?

I'm really surprised it wasn't deleted. Straight up totally ILLEGAL. The SEC takes these things very seriously.

And BTW just a side note the SEC just changed the General Solicitation law: Game Changer: SEC Lifts General Solicitation Ban - Forbes

Fact Sheet - Eliminating the Prohibition on General Solicitation and General Advertising in Certain Offerings

That is an insightful point of view he has. I was going to do it without investors until things got really big and had to happen very fast. I need custom software for unique performances, and never before conceived marketing software I designed to be made for our campaign. I have coders in London and Ohio contract-ready waiting for me to get the money.

lol i thought it would be deleted too and wow the new solicitation law.. so getting investors on this forum would be legal in September lol that's funny. Unfortunately that's too late so I'm going for the loan. Thanks for the knowledgeable post. And if people can handle the conversation intelligently, this thread wont end up like the last one. Cheers.

Gravytrain

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 7, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
I would like to take out a loan for 14k to officially establish the company U.S wide.

This is a terrible idea - don't ever (ever) borrow money to start a business. On top of this being a terrible idea, even if you did get the $14k you're spending it in the wrong place(s). From your original thread:

What I need is just enough money for custom SEO marketing software, money to pay some people that are going to do big things for us, and money for just one piece of equipment for me and one piece of equipment for my first artist. Each of these pieces of equipment might need to be designed by professionals and are essential key elements in our performances.

1) "Custom SEO marketing software" is useless. I own a content marketing company and we do a LOT of promotional SEO work, both directly for our clients and indirectly through work that is whitelabeled through agencies / SEO houses / internet marketers. "Software" typically means "spam", and the only thing you should even attempt to rank with spam / junk links are churn-and-burn websites that you have no real attachment to. You also don't seem to know how to use whatever software you're thinking of buying, as if you did... you'd probably already own it. Paying $500 for a copy of XRumer does not an SEO make.

2) If anyone is doing "big things" at that low of a price point, they can do it for less, for free or for equity. If not, find someone who can and will.

3) Rent your equipment. Problem solved. If your equipment is custom, then ditch that idea and use whatever you can off the shelf.

I will be able to pay back the loan fully in 3-4 months which is as soon as we take off.

It's great to have goals; it's another thing to make predictions. You come off as arrogant but hey, this is the internet so everyone has an inflated sense of everything. Best of luck to you and I'll certainly be checking in on your "progress" thread as I can't wait to see this $14k get vaporized.

D

DeletedUser2

This is a terrible idea - don't ever (ever) borrow money to start a business. On top of this being a terrible idea, even if you did get the $14k you're spending it in the wrong place(s). From your original thread:

meh,

borrow money to start a company! use a credit card, ask your drinking buddy for a loan.
the amount? tiny. if you F*ck it up you go get a job washing dishes and pay it back. the experience you get, invaluable.

I have started several companies with no money, and several with money. just because you don't have it, shouldn't stop you from starting one.

seo software? really? ugh, thats a dead cat bounce.
try again.

as for the sec rules, it wont start the 60 days until they put it in the federal register. so that may take another 60 days plus. additionally, its only for "accredited" investors, and it will deff be on you to determine if they are an accredited investor. (there is new rules about how to determine if they are, also)

and in no time flat you will have to compete with advertising with the likes of hedge funds, and private equity. expect it to be expensive.

general solicitation is still illegal, and you should talk to an attorney before you end up bitten by the law.

there are a lot better ways at raising a tiny amount like that. making short term money. some one I work with started with 200 bucks. and managed to put together 300K in his bank account in 9 months. so really? 14K? your not trying hard enough

a bank, will probably not give you a loan. if you have great credit, at your age, they may sign a signature loan from 1-5K. if you have collateral then maybe more (like a car loan) but they don't like giving youngsters loans with no collateral, and limited credit history.

your better off applying for 2-4 credit cards and launching that way

Z

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Great video. Stole the link and reposted it elsewhere.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA
"we at Yale that can't come up with $14k in 30 days"
(What is the current tuition at Yale? | Yale College Admissions),

Yale tuition is high just like any other Ivy League tuition, and any other out of state school for that matter. To assume that everyone who attends Yale has 14k to spare is just ignorant. Maybe in your research you would have stumbled across Yale's Financial Aid fund? I'm sure with your 'extensive' research you DID in fact uncover this, and that would mean you know that they do not provide scholarships, but instead provide the exact amount of financial aid needed.

Last time I checked, Yale was a prestigious school for the educationally gifted, not a country club membership.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
And if people can handle the conversation intelligently, this thread wont end up like the last one.

You mean if we tell you the fairy tales which you want to hear we'll be OK? As opposed to the reality which you don't want to hear?

I would like to take out a loan for 14k to officially establish the company U.S wide.

The reason your posts are laughable is not because you want a loan and/or investor, it's for the AMOUNT you are requesting. $14K?

Seriously? If the amount was $140K I could see the thread being approached with more seriousness and credibility. $140K is truly an obstacle and a barrier to entry, but $14K?

If an entrepreneur can't scrum together $14K on his own through friends, family, hustle and smart work, it's a red flag. If you think raising/earning/hustling $14K is hard, wait until a real problem comes along in your business ... are you going to look for the easy way out there too?

By the time your last thread went up and this one, you could have made $14K in any side hustle with a lot of smart work and committed effort. But no, instead of testing your entrepreneurial resolve, we get "loan me money."

LOL.

If this thread was a story on how you hustled your way to $14K through a little entrepreneurial ingenuity, and now you were seeking an additional $20K for X Y Z, you'd have people knocking down your door. Why? Because you would have shown your ability to execute, your ability to GET DIRTY, and your ability to problem solve and think strategically.

Right now you've shown your ability to talk, and that my friend, can be accomplished by any 4 year old.

Owning a business is nothing but a career in problem solving. To me, "Loan me $14K" is like entrepreneurial welfare, taking food stamps when you are fully able-bodied to do it yourself.

Again, I wish you luck.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
TI'm 21 and have some grants, education loans and academic scholarships from my university.

YI'm sure with your 'extensive' research you DID in fact uncover this, and that would mean you know that they do not provide scholarships, but instead provide the exact amount of financial aid needed

rHS0V.gif

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
...time to chime in.. For those of us like me...and there are many...asking for $14,000 is a joke.

In 3yrs time my wife and I bought a foreclosure for $25,000, I remodeled it and have about $15,000 in materials and blood and sweat, and owe ZERO. My Wife grossed about $20/hr at that time. We had no savings. I worked, then unemployed, then worked for cash, and hustled ! We both have kids and responsibilities. The hardest and most rewarding 3 yrs I've had.

Now...I've got a web site being designed and am solving a problem. I had $ saved and I wouldn't think of asking anyone for money unless I had a good amount of money and time invested myself.

All I'm saying is there are a lot of us who have planned...thought things through...and busted our asses to get what we wanted.

I feel like you're just jerking chains and hitting bad cords with people here. No more of my time here.

I do wish you luck and hope you prosper.

InLikeFlint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 19, 2012
Michigan, USA

He's never actually said he went to Yale. OP can verify, but as far as I know, he doesn't.

Names can be deceiving, for all we know, on the side you like to go out and take the law into your own hands.

Tom.V

Tom
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Feb 20, 2012
San Juan
Maybe you should spend less on fake facebook followers and youtube bots.

Or is this 14k to take your fake facebook fans to the next level?

View Profile: yaleinnovator - Black Hat Forum Black Hat SEO
Perhaps is planning an "original" Facebook, Google+, Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter followers scheme to masquerade as a social media marketing company. Like that hasn't already been to death already.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
I agree with others that Yale doesn't seem ready for this step, but I think securing a loan is a valid discussion, so here is the process we went through to secure an SBA loan. Keep in mind that this was at the height of the bank and mortgage crisis, so things might be easier now. Also keep in mind that we had a company that had seven figures in revenue a year, but had not been profitable in the two years prior to securing the loan.

1. Even though we had a business, my husband had to personally guarantee the loan
2. We checked his credit. Yale said he "assumed" his "credibility is spotless." No need to operate under assumptions. You can check your credit score online.
3. We hired an SBA consultant for $600. Consultant helped us with the paperwork and also helped us find a bank that was a good match for our business (small bank that had done business with similar companies).
4. We filled and provided out a tremendous amount of paperwork. Tax returns, financial statements, etc...
5. We put up collateral. We had to put up our primary home and a rental home. We owned both of them free and clear. Bank had both of them appraised. Appraisal value came in at just over 2X the loan amount. We still had to put BOTH homes up as collateral.
6. My husband had to get life insurance in the amount of the loan with the bank as the beneficiary.
7. We had to buy additional insurance for the business (for liability, equipment, etc.). We already had this insurance, but they required us to get even more.
8. When we finally go the money, we only ended up using about 40% of what we were approved for because the lender would only lend us the other money for equipment purchases (they knew they could re-sell and re-coup on the equipment).
9. We had to start making payments the first month after getting the money, so you might need to borrow more than 14k to start making payments, even if 14k is what you think you need.
10. There are a number of costs associated with a loan, so you might need to borrow more than 14k, even if 14k is what you think you need.

Also, if you think that people here are being "harsh," I can assure you that the gaze of a lending institution will be much harsher. As you can see from my experience, even a "risk free" loan (again, we put up 2X as much collateral as we borrowed) wasn't seen as "risk free" by the bank. Bankers tend to be a serious lot. I am sure that your optimism and confidence is helpful in many situations, but a lending institution is interested in numbers.

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
I can't really comment on the money part because I have almost 0 experience in this aspect, although I am getting one now.

However, as a guy who lost 260 lbs (485 - 218), it took commitment, sweat and determination. And a period of screwing around due to lack of experience and education, but still. Anyways, there are people in one camp that begged for weight loss surgery to be done (lap band or stomach stapling) as a shortcut or a fast vehicle in losing weight; there are people in another that done this the hard way purely through diet and exercise.

A) You can beg a doctor to have a procedure done in order to lose weight but no progress is made in meanwhile.

B) Or you can choose yourself and do it purely through diet and exercise, thus immediately making progress. And choosing this path will be FAR more rewarding in the long run than above. I can lose or gain weight at will, know how to do it, is able to identify foods, etc, etc. I learned nutrition and exercise on my own through research and experience without consulting anybody.

I can easily pick up my experience and start freelancing to help others lose weight because I have extensive experience. And hell, I'm actually thinking about doing this for a lot of young men like myself. This and get my biz started up at the same time.

See how simply just by choosing yourself, you're opening doors on your own? You don't need another man to do it for you.

Right now, my ultimate goal is to reach 185 lbs. I want to lose a grand total of 300 pounds JUST by diet and exercise. And then I want to gain weight in a good way.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I can't really comment on the money part because I have almost 0 experience in this aspect, although I am getting one now.

However, as a guy who lost 260 lbs (485 - 218), it took commitment, sweat and determination. And a period of screwing around due to lack of experience and education, but still. Anyways, there are people in one camp that begged for weight loss surgery to be done (lap band or stomach stapling) as a shortcut or a fast vehicle in losing weight; there are people in another that done this the hard way purely through diet and exercise.

A) You can beg a doctor to have a procedure done in order to lose weight but no progress is made in meanwhile.

B) Or you can choose yourself and do it purely through diet and exercise, thus immediately making progress. And choosing this path will be FAR more rewarding in the long run than above. I can lose or gain weight at will, know how to do it, is able to identify foods, etc, etc. I learned nutrition and exercise on my own through research and experience without consulting anybody.

I can easily pick up my experience and start freelancing to help others lose weight because I have extensive experience. And hell, I'm actually thinking about doing this for a lot of young men like myself. This and get my biz started up at the same time.

See how simply just by choosing yourself, you're opening doors on your own? You don't need another man to do it for you.

Right now, my ultimate goal is to reach 185 lbs. I want to lose a grand total of 300 pounds JUST by diet and exercise. And then I want to gain weight in a good way.

Speed+

This forum never ceases to amaze me. Just when I write shit off to the scrap heap, a piece of gold gets unearthed. Excellent analogy, and probably the most helpful post in this thread.

I hope the OP makes this happen. I would love nothing more than to read about his success story.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
Just remember: choose yourself.

If I learned anything at all in the real world, it's this. If high school and colleges haven't taught you this by now, life will. By choosing yourself, you can get started immediately; you don't have to wait for someone to give you the "green light" or permission. You have that power.

Also, thank you for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it.

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
So here it is guys, the post of them all. This will give you clarity and show your incorrect assumptions, as well as your correct ones. Get ready guys, this might blow your mind.

Marketing Assumptions:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Real businesses don't need to resort to black hat techniques.

seo software? really? ugh, thats a dead cat bounce.
try again.

even if you did get the $14k you're spending it in the wrong place(s). From your original thread:

1) "Custom SEO marketing software" is useless. I own a content marketing company and we do a LOT of promotional SEO work, both directly for our clients and indirectly through work that is whitelabeled through agencies / SEO houses / internet marketers. "Software" typically means "spam", and the only thing you should even attempt to rank with spam / junk links are churn-and-burn websites that you have no real attachment to. You also don't seem to know how to use whatever software you're thinking of buying, as if you did... you'd probably already own it. Paying $500 for a copy of XRumer does not an SEO make.

2) If anyone is doing "big things" at that low of a price point, they can do it for less, for free or for equity. If not, find someone who can and will.

3) Rent your equipment. Problem solved. If your equipment is custom, then ditch that idea and use whatever you can off the shelf.

It's great to have goals; it's another thing to make predictions. You come off as arrogant but hey, this is the internet so everyone has an inflated sense of everything. Best of luck to you and I'll certainly be checking in on your "progress" thread as I can't wait to see this $14k get vaporized.

sigh...this post like many others just misses in all directions. ill do you a favor and give you some good insights however to enlighten your perspective.

1) what i'm doing has nothing to do with google ranks. so your completely off because its not seo in that way. i said marketing campaign not seo programs. i have come up with a master method for marketing campaigns, never before attempted to my knowledge, and especially in my industry. anyone who has done even half of what i'm doing marketing wise is already famous or is a huge company. my forum alias is yale innovator for a reason, I INNOVATE. i don't use what everyone else does and do not follow traditional methods. i think outside the box and get out side the box results.

2) they aren't just 'big things', what i'm doing is bigger than both you and i. i feel honored and blessed to have this opportunity and the 14k is the last piece to the puzzle, it's going to start a revolution. You will see in the progress thread that this 14k is going to grow into millions very fast far from "vaporized". This is the definition of the fast lane.

3) this equipment cannot be "rented" lol it has never even been created before. "ditch the idea"? oh boy.. i hope the next posts make less assumptions without asking the right questions first.

Perhaps is planning an "original" Facebook, Google+, Youtube, Instagram, and Twitter followers scheme to masquerade as a social media marketing company. Like that hasn't already been to death already.

it's almost impossible to try and figure out my marketing. like i said above it hasn't been done, so its far from beaten to death lol. its pretty much the ultimate way to launch an internet-based company, more especially in my case.

meh,

borrow money to start a company! use a credit card, ask your drinking buddy for a loan.
the amount? tiny. if you F*ck it up you go get a job washing dishes and pay it back. the experience you get, invaluable.

I have started several companies with no money, and several with money. just because you don't have it, shouldn't stop you from starting one.

there are a lot better ways at raising a tiny amount like that. making short term money. some one I work with started with 200 bucks. and managed to put together 300K in his bank account in 9 months. so really? 14K? your not trying hard enough

your better off applying for 2-4 credit cards and launching that way

Z

some of the posts are so negative i debate to even take them serious. F*ck it up? washing dishes? cmon dude. lol. if you have any insight to my character and business you know those words shouldn't even be used. i basically started this company with no money, all from work and drive alone. this particular company needs the 14k and that's an extremely small amount for its size. credit cards? eh doesn't sound too nice but maybe ill keep it in mind, thanks. and no worries, you will understand about the whole money/effort thing below.

Investment/Loan Assumptions:

...time to chime in.. For those of us like me...and there are many...asking for $14,000 is a joke.

I do wish you luck and hope you prosper.

You mean if we tell you the fairy tales which you want to hear we'll be OK? As opposed to the reality which you don't want to hear?

The reason your posts are laughable is not because you want a loan and/or investor, it's for the AMOUNT you are requesting. $14K?

Seriously? If the amount was $140K I could see the thread being approached with more seriousness and credibility. $140K is truly an obstacle and a barrier to entry, but $14K?

If an entrepreneur can't scrum together $14K on his own through friends, family, hustle and smart work, it's a red flag. If you think raising/earning/hustling $14K is hard, wait until a real problem comes along in your business ... are you going to look for the easy way out there too?

By the time your last thread went up and this one, you could have made $14K in any side hustle with a lot of smart work and committed effort. But no, instead of testing your entrepreneurial resolve, we get "loan me money."

LOL.

If this thread was a story on how you hustled your way to $14K through a little entrepreneurial ingenuity, and now you were seeking an additional $20K for X Y Z, you'd have people knocking down your door. Why? Because you would have shown your ability to execute, your ability to GET DIRTY, and your ability to problem solve and think strategically.

Right now you've shown your ability to talk, and that my friend, can be accomplished by any 4 year old.

Owning a business is nothing but a career in problem solving. To me, "Loan me $14K" is like entrepreneurial welfare, taking food stamps when you are fully able-bodied to do it yourself.

Again, I wish you luck.

ah Demarco we meet again. this is reality my brother. I know 14k is so small. Its like I need next to nothing to start this goliath of a company. Maybe if I lacked a lot of the connections I have, it would have been much much more, but that's the price.

Are you guys ready for the big picture? The point that clears up most of your misconceptions? Here it goes..

THERE IS A DEADLINE.

There is a LIMITED window of opportunity to make this company happen and rise to the top very fast. The company HAS TO launch by mid November the LATEST. If it doesn't, the opportunity for the company to become so massive so quickly is going to DISAPPEAR. Why this opportunity sounds too good to be true to a lot of you readers here, is because its a once in a lifetime thing and its has to be executed with fierce and unrelenting intellect in a short amount of time. But i'm made that way, its how i'm built and its what I am going to do.
I could have easily made the money in the time frame from my last thread but we thought the investment was going to pull through so we waited it out. Even though I finished about 15 books during that period, those two-three weeks wasted more of our time, and now the deadline is even closer. I'm literally running with about a week or two worth of days off for the next 3-4 months now, but i'm still going to make it happen and going to get the money this week no matter what the circumstances.

lol demarco, if I had time I would wait, make the 14k in about a months time and launch a little later no problem. But as you can see I don't have that luxury.

I agree with others that Yale doesn't seem ready for this step

Also, if you think that people here are being "harsh," I can assure you that the gaze of a lending institution will be much harsher. As you can see from my experience, even a "risk free" loan (again, we put up 2X as much collateral as we borrowed) wasn't seen as "risk free" by the bank. Bankers tend to be a serious lot. I am sure that your optimism and confidence is helpful in many situations, but a lending institution is interested in numbers.

its all about numbers, the reason you might think people on here are being "harsh" are simply because they're operating blindly because they don't know what the actual business is LOL. the bank will know because they are potential investors, so they will be interested, especially since they see numbers and facts to back up my real pitch, not some vague internet summary.

Now this is what I stand for as a person. It is MOTIVATION and AMBITION that construct our worlds around us. My entire life is just one pure ambition trip, its the only thing on my mind its the way I tick. As weird as it sounds, my ambition is what makes me happy. When I see people who have performed commendable acts of ambition, i finally feel like I can relate to someone. Its hard for me because I live in a world where no one wants to achieve anything. A little paragraph story since you gave one:

One of my ex's was a 4.0 student, moral heavy polish background, and studying to be a doctor. I was in EDM nightlife and my job at the time consisted of a lot of partying, I hadn't become this person of great ambition yet. She saw potential in me and thought I was wasting it with nightlife, I guess she was wrong since that's what stemmed my business but her efforts to always get me achieving were motivating to me.

She told me "its lonely at the top", and her statement really hit home for me once I became this way. People that were my best friends I no longer hang out with. I dont hang out with any of my nightlife friends/fans especially. I lost common interests with the world, i don't have anything in common with most people. I don't waste time watching stupid youtube videos or going out to parties. All I care about is achievement. I just want to be around people like me, and that's only in the major leagues. Its inevitable that i'm getting out of here, its what I was made for. I believe every man creates his own destiny, but if you believe in determinism this would be my fate.

One of the things that makes me happy is seeing people who lost so much weight. Their dedication and ambition is enlightening and inspiring. The ambition they had is what truly makes them beautiful, not the fact of their new physical appearance. With these people, I have common interest and always seem to click better with. I also do natural bodybuilding so I see these types of people more often and have an extra common interest with.

Your accomplishment is a great one, I commend you and wish you many more accomplishments, my friend, thank you for the insightful post.

D

DeletedUser2

So here it is guys, the posts of them all. This will give you clarity and show your incorrect assumptions, as well as your correct ones. Get ready guys, this might blow your mind.

well, its obvious you listen so well, and are so very insightful.

we here are all just losers and you might as well just go prove to the world your brilliance, since so many of us poor stupid people cant seem to get it.

good luck with that. im done with this thread. you wouldn't listen anyway.

Z

yaleinnovator

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jun 16, 2013
United States
well, its obvious you listen so well, and are so very insightful.

we here are all just losers and you might as well just go prove to the world your brilliance, since so many of us poor stupid people cant seem to get it.

good luck with that. im done with this thread. you wouldn't listen anyway.

Z

you can easily get it with simple explanation. InLikeFlint did and hes younger than you all. I came to the fast lane because there are so many intelligent people here. I feel like I can think and work better talking more with people like you all. I will listen do you have any points you'd like to address?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.