The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I require help with starting a side hustle - recommendations?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

David.Dragoescu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 19, 2022
I'm a student in the United Kingdom - currently in college. I've centered the past few years mainly around fitness, as I partake in a multitude of sports and other activities. Around this time last year I caught interest for the concept of entrepreneurship as a career path never sat right with me ; I never saw myself embracing anything specific, nothing interests me and the concept of being employed and working for someone else has disgusted me for as long as I knew of it. Entrepreneurship is the path that I will embrace, and upon reading MJ's books (UNSCRIPTED and The Millionaire Fastlane ), I knew it was for me. Ever since then however, I've started college and dedicated my time towards it and my fitness goals, losing track of my entrepreneurial goals - I never got a start on it, all I did was research upon research. Right now I'm fully dedicating my time towards it, I'm getting a job again soon so that I can have a basic income stream, but my main focus currently is beginning a side hustle so that I can generate enough profit to fund my future entrepreneurial goals. I've caught interest for forex (however, whilst I've done loads of research I'm still not fully sure about it), but besides that I feel lost. I want to get a start on something, however long it takes, I'm dedicated. That's why I'm posting this threat in particular ; to associate myself with a community that can hopefully provide useful advice, that can potentially guide me. If anyone is interested in helping me, guiding me, please comment. I'm not asking for a step-by-step guide on anything specific as that's unrealistic, I just want someone to help me create a foundation and give me a start.

If anyone is willing to help out, please email me : daviddragoescu2@gmail.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

trulyandres

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 12, 2023
Start first by asking yourself "What can I do for others that provide value?" Service-based businesses are the easiest to start and not too bad to scale. I'm in high school with a mobile detailing side hustle that I started with $30 and now makes $5K per month. I did all the jobs myself but now I have three employees who do the work for me. You could do something similar. Window cleaning is picking up speed, but there's also car detailing, lawn care, etc. You could even do group tutoring if you're a good student. If you can't think of anything go to Nextdoor, there's people complaining about stuff all the time on there--which in other terms means OPPORTUNITY! Thats actually how I found my opportunity, I saw tons of posts about how the local car washing place took a turn for the worse and now sucks. Good luck!

David.Dragoescu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 19, 2022
Start first by asking yourself "What can I do for others that provide value?" Service-based businesses are the easiest to start and not too bad to scale. I'm in high school with a mobile detailing side hustle that I started with $30 and now makes $5K per month. I did all the jobs myself but now I have three employees who do the work for me. You could do something similar. Window cleaning is picking up speed, but there's also car detailing, lawn care, etc. You could even do group tutoring if you're a good student. If you can't think of anything go to Nextdoor, there's people complaining about stuff all the time on there--which in other terms means OPPORTUNITY! Thats actually how I found my opportunity, I saw tons of posts about how the local car washing place took a turn for the worse and now sucks. Good luck!
Thank you for the advice, I’ve got a few friends who are willing to work with me on something. Thank you for letting me know about Nextdoor, it’ll be incredibly useful for finding opportunities- right now my goal is to build as many connections as possible with successful individuals, the more I surround myself with them the more it’ll benefit me.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
First step: Turn £1 into £2 and report back.

But @ZCP, I don't know how. Of course you don't. That is the point of the exercise.
Look for and find opportunities. Create them. Make connections. FIND A WAY!

Then come back and we'll get you going on a proper business.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 30, 2022
You don't have enough data to make a long-term decision or even know what your interested in.

So whatever peaks your interest right now, just do it instead of researching so much.

Your first few businesses are most likely going to fail anyways.

Its not about success at the start, its more about learning, and you do most of that by actually doing it.

Just try different business models out, but actually try instead of half assing it.

But the real journey happens when you actually commit to one business model, one niche, and one skill to master.

trulyandres

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Dec 12, 2023
You don't have enough data to make a long-term decision or even know what your interested in.

So whatever peaks your interest right now, just do it instead of researching so much.

Your first few businesses are most likely going to fail anyways.

Its not about success at the start, its more about learning, and you do most of that by actually doing it.

Just try different business models out, but actually try instead of half assing it.

But the real journey happens when you actually commit to one business model, one niche, and one skill to master.
I gotta agree my man, Jaayu is right. My first profitable business was probably the 10th business I tried. It's all about learning the skills and stacking them until you overflow and start to be successful. It's gonna be hard to learn anything practical sitting on the sidelines. Just pick an opportunity that interests you and give it your best shot!

David.Dragoescu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 19, 2022
First step: Turn £1 into £2 and report back.

But @ZCP, I don't know how. Of course you don't. That is the point of the exercise.
Look for and find opportunities. Create them. Make connections. FIND A WAY!

Then come back and we'll get you going on a proper business.
Thank you for the advice. Currently I’m dedicating a few hours daily purely to researching and understanding things. I’ve read all of MJ’s books last year, and since then I’ve reread them numerous times, I’m just a little confused on starting but I still will.
What do you mean by “then come back and we’ll get you going on a proper business” ??

David.Dragoescu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 19, 2022
I gotta agree my man, Jaayu is right. My first profitable business was probably the 10th business I tried. It's all about learning the skills and stacking them until you overflow and start to be successful. It's gonna be hard to learn anything practical sitting on the sidelines. Just pick an opportunity that interests you and give it your best shot!
Will do, this is solid advice. Best way to learn is through trial and error.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Thank you for the advice. Currently I’m dedicating a few hours daily purely to researching and understanding things. I’ve read all of MJ’s books last year, and since then I’ve reread them numerous times, I’m just a little confused on starting but I still will.
What do you mean by “then come back and we’ll get you going on a proper business” ??
the hardest part is getting started. get started.

quit reading and 'do'. go solve a problem. go provide some value. go make a connection. go 'do'.

MichelleWood

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
I've started college and dedicated my time towards it and my fitness goals, losing track of my entrepreneurial goals
Hey @David.Dragoescu unsure of your age, but what about Personal Training as a side hustle? That way you can incorporate something you enjoy whilst earning a buck.

Unsure about the UK, there are some entry barriers: in Australia you need to be 18yo and have a Cert 4 (courses here cost about $1400aud), plus public liability insurance. You can negotiate to 'rent' space at a commercial gym, on a per-session basis. Alternatively train in public space boot camp style or train people in their own home - but this is more hassle. The hours are usually early mornings/evenings - you choose what works for you around College. Once you have some experience, rather than selling single sessions, sell a 3 month package that client pays upfront.

I have a colleague that built a 7-8 figure business this way. He now has 15+ staff and hosts internships for others to optimize their Personal Training Businesses. His minimum 12 week package costs $2000aud (12x 1 session a week) with their least experienced trainer. Focus on selling the result "feel confident in a bikini", "fit to play with the kids" etc.

David.Dragoescu

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 19, 2022
Hey @David.Dragoescu unsure of your age, but what about Personal Training as a side hustle? That way you can incorporate something you enjoy whilst earning a buck.

Unsure about the UK, there are some entry barriers: in Australia you need to be 18yo and have a Cert 4 (courses here cost about $1400aud), plus public liability insurance. You can negotiate to 'rent' space at a commercial gym, on a per-session basis. Alternatively train in public space boot camp style or train people in their own home - but this is more hassle. The hours are usually early mornings/evenings - you choose what works for you around College. Once you have some experience, rather than selling single sessions, sell a 3 month package that client pays upfront.

I have a colleague that built a 7-8 figure business this way. He now has 15+ staff and hosts internships for others to optimize their Personal Training Businesses. His minimum 12 week package costs $2000aud (12x 1 session a week) with their least experienced trainer. Focus on selling the result "feel confident in a bikini", "fit to play with the kids" etc.
It's a good idea, however the startup may be an issue, and so is my age, as I probably wouldn't be taken seriously, but if it can be expanded to 7-8 figures, then it's definitely something to consider, thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.