The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I found this yesterday: Newsletter - Cheap Houses Japan

Neat idea. I wonder how many subscribers they have

EDIT: From the FAQ on the site, it's a passion project for the guy that runs it.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Similar to Cheap Property Europe

I do wonder how it's working for them. The European newsletter makes more sense as the market is free and you can buy houses easily and access them whenever you want (if you live in the EU). That's not the case with the Japanese market so I imagine there are much fewer people seriously considering to buy there.

I'm thinking of doing something similar for Poland but it's not a real business if you only have a newsletter. There's too little money in selling niche subscriptions for $10 a month.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Similar to Cheap Property Europe

I do wonder how it's working for them. The European newsletter makes more sense as the market is free and you can buy houses easily and access them whenever you want (if you live in the EU). That's not the case with the Japanese market so I imagine there are much fewer people seriously considering to buy there.

I'm thinking of doing something similar for Poland but it's not a real business if you only have a newsletter. There's too little money in selling niche subscriptions for $10 a month.
Spooky.

I'm just about to test running Google Ads for people looking for properties in the UK and seeing if they'll fill in a form that will help me connect them with local estate agents AND add them to a newsletter.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Spooky.

I'm just about to test running Google Ads for people looking for properties in the UK and seeing if they'll fill in a form that will help me connect them with local estate agents AND add them to a newsletter.

I think it's a good starting point to get a newsletter going. People who want to buy such houses are probably a rather affluent audience and there's a LOT of products/services you can offer later.

My only worry is how to monetize it quickly if you don't want to run a paid newsletter (as I'm not sure there's enough value there to charge for it).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think it's a good starting point to get a newsletter going. People who want to buy such houses are probably a rather affluent audience and there's a LOT of products/services you can offer later.
It's more a lead-gen play, with a potential newsletter attached. Yes, there's lots of products and services and money changing hands when people are looking for property.

My only worry is how to monetize it quickly if you don't want to run a paid newsletter (as I'm not sure there's enough value there to charge for it).
I just know it's a niche with lots of money changing hands, and lots of long-tail searches on Google. That's good enough for me to run a test.

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Spooky.

If you can find a way to filter out bad estate agents you may have a winner - several of my friends who bought houses had a terrible experience due to awful estate agents. If there was a way to be sure to get a good one, it could be people would be more willing to sign up for your service…

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you can find a way to filter out bad estate agents you may have a winner - several of my friends who bought houses had a terrible experience due to awful estate agents. If there was a way to be sure to get a good one, it could be people would be more willing to sign up for your service…
Interesting. Do you know what was awful about those estate agents?

StrikingViper69

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Interesting. Do you know what was awful about those estate agents?
General incompetence and fecklessness. Not replying to calls, not following up on things they said they’d do, in some cases flat out lying; etc.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
General incompetence and fecklessness. Not replying to calls, not following up on things they said they’d do, in some cases flat out lying; etc.
Ah, the same as many industries.

Do you know how they found them? Was it via Google, word-of-mouth, or ... ?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.