The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your plans for New Years?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So who has plans for NYE?

Staying at home to avoid the amateur hour?
Going out partying?
Vegas?

What's everyone doing?

I hear Vegas is having trouble selling out this year so I think that is where I might head. If not there, something quiet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I treat it as any other day. There are already plenty of celebration opportunities.

Stay home and avoid the crazies!!!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I was never a big NYE person, but have gone to see the fireworks at Navy Pier twice(both times went for the countdown then left to beat the mad-rush home :smxB:)

As for this year it'll probably be a night w/ the fiance and her parents, setting goals(not a cheesy, meaningless "resolution") and hopefully having a Chicago gathering on New Year's Day to work on setting goals with other local fastlaners!

BTW isn't fanocks coming in for NYE at Times' Square?

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Step #1 Wait for the new year to roll in
Step #2 Say "yay" when it does
Step #3 Go to bed.....

:banana:

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I've done Vegas for several NYE's, but if you're on the streets it becomes a mad house so my advice would be to pay the bucks to get into a private party like one of the ones at The Palms, so you can keep away from the riff raff. There is no greater view of the Strip fireworks show than in one of the Strip View rooms at the Palms! You will be astounded at how beautiful it is.

Also the Speermint Rhino usually has a nice little NYE thing in Vegas, and it's cheap to get into and the food is great.

As for me this year, I spent way too much money for Xmas and my GF's birthday which falls on the next day from XMAS, so we're staying in and having some friends over for drinks and Trivial Pursuit. I know, boring... haha

- Hakrjak

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
Wife just informed me that we are hosting NYE at our house. I wasn't thrilled at first, but i'm starting to look forward to it. I'm not really into cards and other games, i'd rather just crack open a cold one and shoot-the-breeze.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
New Years? Is that coming up? Haven't even thought about it yet. How many days do I have to figure it out? LOL

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
As for me this year, I spent way too much money for Xmas and my GF's birthday which falls on the next day from XMAS, so we're staying in and having some friends over for drinks and Trivial Pursuit. I know, boring... haha

- Hakrjak

I feel ya on that my fiance's bday and our anniversary(dating, not married yet of course) are about 2 weeks apart :smxB:

Wife just informed me that we are hosting NYE at our house. I wasn't thrilled at first, but i'm starting to look forward to it. I'm not really into cards and other games, i'd rather just crack open a cold one and shoot-the-breeze.

you should go get cash-flow or setup a nice game of monopoly then :coolgleamA:

it'd be nice if you could find get Cashflow at Goodwill or off of craigslist, we did find a few nice boardgames including The Apprentice at Goodwill in new condition for $2.99!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
We brought in NYE 2008 at Midievel Times. It was cool. NYE 2009 we will be at Six Flags Over Texas for Holiday in the Park. We bought season tickets so it's already paid for.:cheers:

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Also the Spearmint Rhino usually has a nice little NYE thing in Vegas, and it's cheap to get into and the food is great.

- Hakrjak

Lol, wow, that is a really, really bad idea. As in the top 10 worst ideas I've heard all year. I mean, how would you even go about approaching your girlfriend on that one? "Hey babe, I got a great idea for New Years: me, you, 6 strippers, cheap cover and good grub, are you in or what?" ...Do you think Hooters would be a good place to go for lunch after a funeral too? lol. (Honestly, I really can't stop laughing.) You should marry your girlfriend tomorrow Hak, 'cause ain't no other woman out there gonna marry ya. :smilielol:

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
We brought in NYE 2008 at Midievel Times. It was cool.

It wasn't like The Cable Guy was it? :smilielol:

Do you think Hooters would be a good place to go for lunch after a funeral too? lol.

Reminds me of that Jeff Foxworthy joke where he was talkin about the wedding reception being at a Hooters, which btw, what would make for a good ol' redneck New Year's Eve?

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Same as every year (aside from my service years). Watch the ball drop on TV and go to bed.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Planning on a 1st annual parents of young'ins NYE (kids under 4).

A few of us are talking about getting together around 6pm (bring your own pizza), put on the Sesame St NY Eve DVD around 8:15 for the kids on the big screen, and watch the ball drop in Times Square live on PC at 9 pm west coast time.

That way, everyone leaves by 9:15 and we get the kids in bed at a reasonable hour.

Kids or no kids, we've been doing it this way for years. On the West Coast we call it "Having an East Coast New Years". :)

-Russ H.

GoldenEggs

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 4, 2007
Silicon Valley, CA
We only went out once for NYE's and that was fun but it's hard to find someone willing to watch his dad while we go out and "play".

I'm going to make sticky toffee pudding, lamb chops and king crab legs. Then my husband will probably want to watch Battlestar Galatica and I'll be working on the baby blanket. I'm not really a big drinker but now that I am not supposed to drink, it's all I want to do!! :)

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Well one of these years I'll go to Times Square to see the ball drop.

But this year I have a lot going on with work, so I'll probably work new years day like a normal Wednesday. So I'll go out for dinner, see Valkyrie which I have been wanting to see, and bring the new year in with a vodka tonic.

Or I might go to a kick a$$ party that I was invited to and drink until 8am.:smx6:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Going to MJs house at about 11:00pm
Take his Lambo out for a test drive
Return it at 6:00am

oops... did I say that out loud?

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Some of these are absolutely hysterical! I love the humor; especially the sarcasm. If only, I could be so clever! LMAO.

For us, this year will be a party at a friend of my husband's house out in the desert. I think I will be the designated driver... or maybe we just won't make it home for quite awhile. We will see.

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
I'm evicting some tenants! Constable will be there and everything. Hehehehehe

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Flying home from my client's office in Houston
Going straight to a friend's party
Spending the next day watching football
Flying back to Houson Friday morning to work the weekend.

++MUST WORK PLAN, MUST WORK PLAN, MUST WORK PLAN . . .++

Our neighborhood has a "progressive party" for NYE. Start at 6 at one house for hors d'oeuvres and drinks, then rotate to the next house each hour on the hour until 1a when everybody walks home to avoid the crazies out on the road. (But we're skipping out this year.)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.