The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your landing page conversion will never increase if you are making these mistakes.

Marketing, social media, advertising

khadush

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
May 29, 2021
India
#1. Swipe Blog Ideas
This one is the most popular method among new startup's. They just google "how to increase conversion rate of the website" and start to follow those ideas presented in the blog.

Most blogs are from content writers, not CRO(conversion optimizer) veterans.

Most case studies are skewed and won't work for you. They are made to impress the client only(like you).

If you are really serious about implementing those given techniques, make sure you know the science behind it appropriately; otherwise, that will be a waste of your time and effort.

#2. Asking for suggestions on the forum

***You will find many people on the forum who will give you suggestions about increasing conversion rate***

Based on their personal opinion or their personal applied method, which gave them success.

But, listen, every business is different the way customers think and react,

*for example: Recently, I was designing an A/B test with my team for a client. To give you a little context (The company was selling a landline base a device that will transfer the telephone call on your cellphone without internet).*

When we introduced the reviews on the page, the conversion didn't increase.
But when we did the same thing on an e-commerce website product page, the conversion rate increased to 60%.

**As I said above, every business and the way customers think and react is different** you can't copy the amazon website and end up increasing your conversion rate until your customers are not the same.

#3. Best Practices
There is nothing like best practices. Every product should be already built with it. Also, there isn't a single test that universally works.

#4. Copying Competitors
I found this daily with the client. They always come up with the idea that our competitor is using it. Let's also test it on our product.

Don't assume. How do you know what they are doing works?

You can't know their test results.

This is a bad method.

Add if I am missing something

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kanika

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 12, 2021
#1. Swipe Blog Ideas
This one is the most popular method among new startup's. They just google "how to increase conversion rate of the website" and start to follow those ideas presented in the blog.

Most blogs are from content writers, not CRO(conversion optimizer) veterans.

Most case studies are skewed and won't work for you. They are made to impress the client only(like you).

If you are really serious about implementing those given techniques, make sure you know the science behind it appropriately; otherwise, that will be a waste of your time and effort.

#2. Asking for suggestions on the forum

***You will find many people on the forum who will give you suggestions about increasing conversion rate***

Based on their personal opinion or their personal applied method, which gave them success.

But, listen, every business is different the way customers think and react,

*for example: Recently, I was designing an A/B test with my team for a client. To give you a little context (The company was selling a landline base a device that will transfer the telephone call on your cellphone without internet).*

When we introduced the reviews on the page, the conversion didn't increase.
But when we did the same thing on an e-commerce website product page, the conversion rate increased to 60%.

**As I said above, every business and the way customers think and react is different** you can't copy the amazon website and end up increasing your conversion rate until your customers are not the same.

#3. Best Practices
There is nothing like best practices. Every product should be already built with it. Also, there isn't a single test that universally works.

#4. Copying Competitors
I found this daily with the client. They always come up with the idea that our competitor is using it. Let's also test it on our product.

Don't assume. How do you know what they are doing works?

You can't know their test results.

This is a bad method.

Add if I am missing something
The digital marketing industry is a volatile business and even if you think you are giving your best efforts to SEO, chances are high that uniform implementations could make you lose all the conversions. Some of the most common mistakes that might affect your business could include:
  1. Making a wrong choice with your CTAs. It should be something simple and easy to pick and nothing fancy that might give it a sales effort.
  1. Gone are the days of using lengthy signup forms on your website. Make sure the user never feels like giving an exam.
  1. Make sure your website navigation should be easy to explore. No hidden menus or tricks, until you are a suspense gaming website.
  1. Everybody hates slow web pages. Make it optimized for Google as well as users.
  1. Avoid weak headings rather than create impactful headlines. Crisp, clear, and catchy.
  1. When almost everybody these days uses their mobile phone to answer queries, make sure you offer a pleasing mobile experience.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Nowadays SEO is just an acronym for common sense.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.