The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your Favorite Car

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I wouldn't say impossible. lol I sat one the other day while at the dealership. I'd half to ride it, but I think I'd stick with a rocket.

phade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2008
Hawaii
too many to list!

Current (production) favorites include:
Koenigsegg CCXR Edition
Reventon
LP560-4 (I'll snatch one of these after my first 5-7m, in White or Powder Blue)
Zonda F
Nissan GTR
Ascari KZ1
Aston Vantage & DBS

Future favorites:
The ones I plan to design and have manufactured (my long -but not too long- term goal :thumbsup:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

imirza

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Jul 29, 2007
I have a few'

-Lamborgini
-Ferrarri
-Porsche Carrera GT

When I make my first million I'm getting a Mercedes SLR McLaren !!!! :hl::hl::hl::hl::hl::hl:

RichKid,

I don't think you'll be buying a SLR McLaren with your first million. You mean to tell me you will spend $600,000 ( approximate cost of SLR) or 60% of your networth on a car ?

Now you could lease an SLR MClaren which would cost you around $5k per month. And you don't want to be spending more than 10% of your monthly cash flow on a car payment. So you need to be making around $50k per month.

rzach41

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Oct 23, 2007
BMW M5, no question

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Realistically, my first "dream car" would probably be a BMW M3. However, it'd be tough to actually pull the trigger on one because my dad lost all of his grandparents in the Holocaust, so it's tough to support companies that helped such a cause -- nothing personal to anyone who is German, and I hate to generalize, but it's just a sensitive subject.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Carrera GT
Veyron
ME four-12

Spyker's are cool, but they went a little nuts with the 'rocket' type intakes/scoops all over the body

All Lambos....which sparks a question...Why are there so many Ferrari haters here? I like two models in particular, but the slight mention of the "F" word and it's certain death! LOL

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
Too many to list...

Here's one:

Ferrari-F430-Spider-3.jpg

And one more...

0705_z+2008_mercedes_mcLaren_SLR_convertible+01.jpg

And for fun, one of these:

ArielAtom.jpg

- John

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
'95 Olds Cutlass Sierra. I had dreamed of this car for so long, and now my dreams have come true. Don't let anyone steal your dreams from you. Maybe someday you can be like me, :)

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
lol. I feel your pain...or, is it excitement? The 'ol 91 accord just lost its ability to condition air and play music. It is quite the motivation builder to drive it every day. The one-hour trip to and from work really lets a brain run wild with nothing but the sound of wind and road noise.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
I am hoping to get to 2ook miles. Currently, driver window does not work, windshield wiper only works on intermittant. The fan for the heat was malfuntioning for awhile, but now it works again. The A/C is one of the best running things on the car, go figure.

D

DeletedUser394

RichKid,

I don't think you'll be buying a SLR McLaren with your first million. You mean to tell me you will spend $600,000 ( approximate cost of SLR) or 60% of your networth on a car ?

Now you could lease an SLR MClaren which would cost you around $5k per month. And you don't want to be spending more than 10% of your monthly cash flow on a car payment. So you need to be making around $50k per month.

Sorry my wording was off.

After making my first million I will buy wealth creating assets.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I have no idea lol.

I just want a car that everything works on. lmao

kingwizard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 19, 2008
Texas
My favs are as follows:
Lambo or course
Aston Martin DBS--sweet
And the new Nissan GTR--really a skyline but who cares, still nice.
Heck, as long as its fast I like it! :fastlane:

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Why are there so many Ferrari haters here? I like two models in particular, but the slight mention of the "F" word and it's certain death! LOL

I notice that too!

With that being said....
Ferrari-F40-wallpapers-6.jpg

*SIGH*

3-novitec-ferrari-f430.jpg

Twin supercharged, 636 hp, 218 mph...Yummy!!

hamann-fiorano-5.jpg

Hamann tuned 599, now 673 naturally aspirated V12 hp!

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Actually I have a very broad list of favorites from economy cars, sports cars, super/exotics, luxury, to trucks.

I don't know what it is about the SLR, it just does nothing for me. Looks like a glorified Mercedes coupe to me, maybe I'm the only one.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
Lol kurt.

I dont have to think about cars, they mean basically nothing to me.(besides piss me off when stuffs broken lol) I have no desire for that particular status symbol. Now talk about a yacht or an island somewhere and Im all ears. lol

besides Lenny wants enough cars and doodads for the both of us, I want the intangable things.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
Actually I have a very broad list of favorites from economy cars, sports cars, super/exotics, luxury, to trucks.

I don't know what it is about the SLR, it just does nothing for me. Looks like a glorified Mercedes coupe to me, maybe I'm the only one.

you aren't the only one. I am back and forth on it. I would probably rather have an SL65 for the $$ savings.

As far as the lambo, f-car thing, I am on the line...they are both great in certain ways. Regardless of numbers, I would base an actual purchase decision on my own assessment of looks and feel. :fastlane:

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
As far as the lambo, f-car thing, I am on the line...they are both great in certain ways. Regardless of numbers, I would base an actual purchase decision on my own assessment of looks and feel. :fastlane:

I love both companies. It aggravates me so much to hear one side think they are better than the other. Every manufacturer has their pros and cons. I think the reason most Lambo owners hate on Ferrari owners, is a lot of Ferrari owners take the line a bit too seriously. Everyday it's like they have to have some type of Ferrari apparel on or what not. Some of them tend to act like their shit don't stink. Ducati owners are bad about this too, I really despise a lot of them, but I love the company.

In MY OPINION, I feel that Ferrari and Lamborghini are apples and oranges. Ferrari is a sports car, meant to be handled on the track, a lot of F1 inspiration in all the cars. They are smaller, nimble...meant to compete with the likes of Porsche and Corvettes. Lamborghini is a super car, an exotic.

hakrjak

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Sep 15, 2007
Colorado Springs
I'd really like to pick up a Pontiac Solstice:
http://www.pontiac.com/solstice/

It's in my price range at under $30k, and I could actually pay cash for this car... But I think I'm still too much of a tighwad, and since it doesn't even have a back seat for the kids -- and we only have a 2 car garage right now, It's probably not something I'm going to buy any time soon. Next house must have a 4 car garage.

- Hakrjak

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am a Ferrari person. I think it's the exhaust note that does it for me. I also get the feeling that the Ferrari is a tighter feeling car with a stiffer suspension and can be tossed around the track. I don't get that sense of a Lambo Murc. (MJ prove me wrong :)), although I'm guessing the small Gallardo is probably a pretty nimble car.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I can't even imagine how fast today's car must feel. Doing 0-60 in 4.5 seconds must feel scary. 10 years ago most cars were doing mid to low 5's. I had the pleasure of sitting in some fast cars like Vipers and 911TTs and they felt scary fast. I remember I was afraid to push the pedal all the way down on a F360. As my friend once said when driving one for the first time, "I felt the power just oozing from the pedal. I couldn't push it down more than 1/2 way."

So what do you do with a 600hp sedan?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
BTW, I also like the Solstice or the Saturn Sky alot. I hope the used ones come down in price in a few years. What do you guys think, is this a two-seater convertible that a guy can drive?

phade

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2008
Hawaii
>>BTW, I also like the Solstice or the Saturn Sky alot. I hope the used ones come down in price in a few years. What do you guys think, is this a two-seater convertible that a guy can drive?<<

hehehehe Why not? Hell, I see alot more guys than women driving Miata's around here, so I think you're manhood would be safe in either Solstice or Sky, just be sure to grab a GXP or Redline version ;)

the f-car issue: I love them too. Count me in for a 430 :jiggy:

Redshft

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
BTW, I also like the Solstice or the Saturn Sky alot. I hope the used ones come down in price in a few years. What do you guys think, is this a two-seater convertible that a guy can drive?

If I were in the market for an entry level 2-seater drop top, I would opt for the Honda S2K. If you're going for the Solstice or Sky...shoot for the GXP or Redline models. I haven't driven one, or sat in one for that matter, but I hear they don't disappoint.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.