The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Youngest?

NS01

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 12, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm Anas (pronunciated as a N followed by a S) and come from France.

I just finished reading the MFL book, I devoured the first half while standing even though I was just supposed to get some stuff at Fnac (french store chain). Next day I wanted to do the same but I didn'thave the time so I directly bought it. I've always had a really strong thirst for liberty, the liberty to own my time. Probably because of my life experiences, I almost developed a phobia of doing things I didn't want at a certain point, even if it meant just going to buy the bread, fortunately I grew up and came to understand a lot of things, so it became much less dramatic. Nevertheless, I do know that I can't stand this system of working 5/7 days 40 to 45 years in my life on something I don't even like. I really, really hate being forced to do something I do not want to. I can endure it if the rewards are strong enough, however, this isn't the case in the Slowlane as it is well said in the MFL. That's why I instantly became consumed by this book I came across accidentally (I picked it up just because I love watching the sky, so when I saw it I thought "A book which contains the sky in its cover is worth opening"). I've had this burning desire to have the freedom to own my time, my life since long ago and it just grew stronger as years passed, and this book just brought me so much clarity, I'm really thankful to its author for writing it.

Right now I do not have any plans for the future, I just know my destination. Because of various events that began 2 months ago, I'm very likely at the lowest point in my life, emotionnally, psychologically and even physically. This depression made me fall into an abyss, but after some time I asked myself, do I really want to live like that? I changed more in these 2 last months after losing almost "everything" than the last three years in high school, when I had "everything". The fact is, I was so drowned in happiness my burning desire to reach freedom began to die down. Ironically, what revived it was the coldness of this abyss, that was the only thing I could feel, this fire.

I dropped out of college a month ago, informatics didn't interest me and I almost hated it for most of the part. But not long ago I realised I could make good use of it, however I won't go back to college. Talking about benefits(knowledge and relevant skills) and cost(time only, it's free where I live), it wasn't profitable. So before realising I would need skills in informatics, I wanted to educate myself in economic and finance. I didn't start yet or rather I do it really slowly because we moved house a month ago and we still can't settle in, we are still working on it almost everyday so it's exhausting and time consuming (also I'm still slowly getting out of depression). But to me, the decision to quit college was a huge change, the fear of not being in the "security" of the system and not doing like everyone at my age pushed me to continue on the Slowlane, to get a degree, a job etc... I could have made use of this degree differently, but so much time would be wasted I decided to stop it now.

So I won't say I already began my journey to take the fastline, but at least I have the right mindset to start it. After these last 2 months, I really feel like I have absolutely nothing to lose, at worst I'll be doing small jobs to survive and try again and repeat this course of action for some years, maybe a big part of my life, maybe I won't ever succeed. But I still think it would be better to die by failing this than to die by succeding in the Slowlane, and I would have absolutely no regrets about this choice. I won't lie, video games, entertainment etc... All these things are hurdles to overcome for me (I'm lazy since I was born), I already began to reduce DRAMATICALLY my time wasted on these things and I feel the difference. So I hope to learn much and maybe help other by joining this forum, just found out there's also another book, I already plan to buy it.

By the way, by surfing this forum, the youngest person I saw was at least in his 20's, is there nobody under 20 here? I'm 17, french living in France, just graduated from highschool. Also, chances are that I will move away from my parent's home, still in the same city but more at the center, we moved at a quite inconvenient place due to its location. Even with the method to make a choice in the MFL, I'm still hesitating, I can't now because of my age but I'll turn 18 in 2 weeks. I'm stuck between: "I don't have to pay anything by staying at my parent's place but the environment is really toxic most of the time(familial issues), so I can't really focus on anything" and "I'll have to work to pay a rent, taxes, garantee, a car, be responsible etc... But my time would be MUCH LESS wasted by my environment and I will be able to focus on whatever I want". I'm not saying I want to leave home because I can't stand my parents or anything, I mean I would still go and visit them sometimes. It's just that the environment is really bad and it takes way too much of my time and energy. To be honest, the idea of going to live alone scares me, but it also excites me.

I've written a lot, maybe a lot more than I should in an introduction:happy:. To conclude, I hope to learn much and maybe help other by joining this forum, and I'm really thankful to have discovered and opened this door. Excuse me if there's any type of error concerning the language, I'm still learning it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

francevalue

The Apostle
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 29, 2019
(̶S̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶)̶ France
Hi everyone, I'm Anas (pronunciated as a N followed by a S) and come from France.

I just finished reading the MFL book, I devoured the first half while standing even though I was just supposed to get some stuff at Fnac (french store chain). Next day I wanted to do the same but I didn'thave the time so I directly bought it. I've always had a really strong thirst for liberty, the liberty to own my time. Probably because of my life experiences, I almost developed a phobia of doing things I didn't want at a certain point, even if it meant just going to buy the bread, fortunately I grew up and came to understand a lot of things, so it became much less dramatic. Nevertheless, I do know that I can't stand this system of working 5/7 days 40 to 45 years in my life on something I don't even like. I really, really hate being forced to do something I do not want to. I can endure it if the rewards are strong enough, however, this isn't the case in the Slowlane as it is well said in the MFL. That's why I instantly became consumed by this book I came across accidentally (I picked it up just because I love watching the sky, so when I saw it I thought "A book which contains the sky in its cover is worth opening"). I've had this burning desire to have the freedom to own my time, my life since long ago and it just grew stronger as years passed, and this book just brought me so much clarity, I'm really thankful to its author for writing it.

Right now I do not have any plans for the future, I just know my destination. Because of various events that began 2 months ago, I'm very likely at the lowest point in my life, emotionnally, psychologically and even physically. This depression made me fall into an abyss, but after some time I asked myself, do I really want to live like that? I changed more in these 2 last months after losing almost "everything" than the last three years in high school, when I had "everything". The fact is, I was so drowned in happiness my burning desire to reach freedom began to die down. Ironically, what revived it was the coldness of this abyss, that was the only thing I could feel, this fire.

I dropped out of college a month ago, informatics didn't interest me and I almost hated it for most of the part. But not long ago I realised I could make good use of it, however I won't go back to college. Talking about benefits(knowledge and relevant skills) and cost(time only, it's free where I live), it wasn't profitable. So before realising I would need skills in informatics, I wanted to educate myself in economic and finance. I didn't start yet or rather I do it really slowly because we moved house a month ago and we still can't settle in, we are still working on it almost everyday so it's exhausting and time consuming (also I'm still slowly getting out of depression). But to me, the decision to quit college was a huge change, the fear of not being in the "security" of the system and not doing like everyone at my age pushed me to continue on the Slowlane, to get a degree, a job etc... I could have made use of this degree differently, but so much time would be wasted I decided to stop it now.

So I won't say I already began my journey to take the fastline, but at least I have the right mindset to start it. After these last 2 months, I really feel like I have absolutely nothing to lose, at worst I'll be doing small jobs to survive and try again and repeat this course of action for some years, maybe a big part of my life, maybe I won't ever succeed. But I still think it would be better to die by failing this than to die by succeding in the Slowlane, and I would have absolutely no regrets about this choice. I won't lie, video games, entertainment etc... All these things are hurdles to overcome for me (I'm lazy since I was born), I already began to reduce DRAMATICALLY my time wasted on these things and I feel the difference. So I hope to learn much and maybe help other by joining this forum, just found out there's also another book, I already plan to buy it.

By the way, by surfing this forum, the youngest person I saw was at least in his 20's, is there nobody under 20 here? I'm 17, french living in France, just graduated from highschool. Also, chances are that I will move away from my parent's home, still in the same city but more at the center, we moved at a quite inconvenient place due to its location. Even with the method to make a choice in the MFL, I'm still hesitating, I can't now because of my age but I'll turn 18 in 2 weeks. I'm stuck between: "I don't have to pay anything by staying at my parent's place but the environment is really toxic most of the time(familial issues), so I can't really focus on anything" and "I'll have to work to pay a rent, taxes, garantee, a car, be responsible etc... But my time would be MUCH LESS wasted by my environment and I will be able to focus on whatever I want". I'm not saying I want to leave home because I can't stand my parents or anything, I mean I would still go and visit them sometimes. It's just that the environment is really bad and it takes way too much of my time and energy. To be honest, the idea of going to live alone scares me, but it also excites me.

I've written a lot, maybe a lot more than I should in an introduction:happy:. To conclude, I hope to learn much and maybe help other by joining this forum, and I'm really thankful to have discovered and opened this door. Excuse me if there's any type of error concerning the language, I'm still learning it.
Salut et bienvenue! J'ai 17 ans aussi. Je pense qu'on est les plus jeunes :rofl:

Tu as des projets de business?

NS01

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 12, 2019
Salut et bienvenue! J'ai 17 ans aussi. Je pense qu'on est les plus jeunes :rofl:

Tu as des projets de business?

Je vais te répondre en anglais vu que c'est public et tout le monde en fait l'effort^^
Thanks! So I'm not the only one, that's cool and great! I still don't have any business ideas, my priorities now are learning at least the fundamental of economy and finance, entrepreneurship, social skills in general and some informatics skills. At the same time I'll think of what needs I can satisfy even at a small scale near me to gain experience.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...