The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Young dreamer and immigrant! Hello from Miami!

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Hello everybody!

First of all I'm very happy to be part of this community and hope to learn a lot more. I finished the book a month ago and is really opening my eyes. I've never been so ready to get into my Fastlane projects!

My name is Caio. I'm 24 years old and I live in South Florida. I'm originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil and came to this country to pursue my dreams and a better life 5 years ago. My family is from a low middle-class, meaning that both of my parents always worked to provide a quality life to me and my brothers.

I always had food at home, great education, traveled once a year... but never any luxury. I always wanted more, be able to travel around the world, not worry about money, speak other languages and do anything related to my passion: Cars.

I started working as a Customer Service representative of a big internet company when I was only 16 years old. I was the youngest employee of the whole company, they had like 500 employees. When I was 18 y/o I left to work with my friend at his body shop with custom cars. Since they were dealing with a lot import cars I opened my own car parts importing business from their body shop. So clients would come to get some body work, special paints and always ended buying some parts. It was a pimp my ride and fast and furios time!

Pretty much I would sell everything available from ebay and import from US, China and Europe to Brazil. Anybody could do that but the problem was because people didn't know how to do it, were afraid and the taxes are really high.

After thinking a lot about the "american dream" and applied for a work visa and came to the US in November of 2007. With a back pack, $500, barely speaking english and a job as housekeeping for a Hotel in Marco Island, FL. After a year I moved to Miami and I did every single job available. Cashier, server, busser, housekeeping, food runner, car sales, art sales, retail...

Until I finally met my actual boss and friend who just started a exotic car rental business. The whole concept was about a strong brand, excellent luxury customer service, own every car, brand new models, no hidden fees....

He just started the company so it was small and they couldn't hire a new employee. So I offered my services (sales/marketing) in exchange of a higher commission rate and also to prove them my skills. Here in Miami is a MUST for you to be bilingual, 80% of the population speaks spanish and there is a lot of Brazilians living and visiting Florida. I speak all the 3 languages. I worked for about 8 months without any salary.

In less than 1 year I sold more than $90k in rentals with ZERO marketing dollars or any kind of investment. I did a lot of the marketing, social media and events as well. Closed many deals with own my network and met incredible people.

But I feel is my time to grow on my own. I have a lot of ideas and no execution, I'm ready, the time is NOW. I have plans and will launch something soon. Invest on my own brand.

That's it! I hope you guys enjoyed and sorry about my english. :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
So you worked for free, for 8 months, selling exotic cars, without a dime of pay?

Looks like you're ready for the Fastlane.

Welcome to the forum!

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
So you worked for free, for 8 months, selling exotic cars, without a dime of pay?

Looks like you're ready for the Fastlane.

Welcome to the forum!
Hello J,

I had a job as a server and saw the opportunity at this exotic car rental business. I approached the owner and offered my help selling the rentals to Brazilians. Over 600.000 Brazilians landed in Miami and Orlando in 2011 and spent around 1.6 Billion dollars. The market is huge.

That way I showed them what I was capable of. It took a month of mouth to mouth, some marketing, social media and reaching my personal contacts and I was renting cars to a lot of people.

They couldn't afford hiring an employee and paying a salary. I was only getting paid in commissions. Eventually I start making a small salary.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...