The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

You know you know landing pages when....

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
nobounce.jpg

Your bounce rate is non exsistant. for the month its like 1-2%... pretty good though. This is just for yesterday/today so far. Not much traffic yet but rising quickly.

EDIT this is not the site in my signature, this is a new site i just put up not too long ago.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My site's bounce rate is 53%. It's interesting to see that people from AOL search has the lowest bounce rate (20%).

The interesting part is that the high bounce rate traffic source has higher click through rate on AdSense.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
My site's bounce rate is 53%. It's interesting to see that people from AOL search has the lowest bounce rate (20%).

The interesting part is that the high bounce rate traffic source has higher click through rate on AdSense.

I do not think adsense clicks will attribute a bounce? could be not sure, the average CTR on this site for adsense is 4-5% affiliate stuff is pretty good as well. building a bunch of them. once you find what works thats when you replicate!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
How is it going for your ebiz sites? Your post made me curious so I just pulled up one of my sites:

Bounce rate-
All time: 43.32%
Past month: 47.22%
Past week: 47.63%
Past day: 52.40%

Not sure if that's good or bad. :huh2:

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
How is it going for your ebiz sites? Your post made me curious so I just pulled up one of my sites:

Bounce rate-
All time: 43.32%
Past month: 47.22%
Past week: 47.63%
Past day: 52.40%

Not sure if that's good or bad. :huh2:

They were like 30% ish... but I recently started trafficking a lot of traffic to them, all targeted but not 100% and they are at like 40-50% ish.

I would say that it's somewhat normal if you are targeting broad keywords or images search. This site above has had no linking done so the SERPS naturally target the phrases as long as you have good on page SEO. I am sure if i started linking for high traffic broad keywords the bounce rate would be a bit higher. I am trying a differetn method with these.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
and I was happy to get mine down to belo 60%. Looks like I have a lot more to learn.
Me too. So seeing 0,6 percent Bounce Rate blows my mind.. wow..

Congrats Lighthouse! Good job. My BR of 36pounds.com is about 58 percent. But BR of blogs is usually higher because people come to read the last post most of the time..

AdSense contribute to BR only when content is not gripping. If content is good, then people don't usually notice it a lot.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Post up in 30.

Time on site is low unless you have a predominant offer with mad ctr.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Me too. So seeing 0,6 percent Bounce Rate blows my mind.. wow..

Congrats Lighthouse! Good job. My BR of 36pounds.com is about 58 percent. But BR of blogs is usually higher because people come to read the last post most of the time..

AdSense contribute to BR only when content is not gripping. If content is good, then people don't usually notice it a lot.

these sites are for revenues, not reading. So my goal here is to direct traffic to offers or adsense. For readership you really have to capture attention, if they are reading your post they are not bouncing, maybe you ought to try reeling them in harder from the home page and getting them to stick.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Post up in 30.

Time on site is low unless you have a predominant offer with mad ctr.

Matt sometimes i just cannot understand you and i know quick talk too. what does "post up in 30" mean??

and like i said im trafficing the visitors that come in through offers or advertising, i dont want them to stay i want them to leave!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
If you meant for 30 days... here it is from this day last month to today

bouncefor31.jpg

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Shit dude, it's not my goal to rain on your parade. Didn't know I was being a dick.

I see now where you mentioned your intent in the post after mine.

In 30 was a month. I should have said, will you post stats in 30 days to see how it changes once you have more traffic?

I assumed from the OP that you were just now starting to drive traffic, and was curious what changes would occur over the course of the next month.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Shit dude, it's not my goal to rain on your parade. Didn't know I was being a dick.

I see now where you mentioned your intent in the post after mine.

In 30 was a month. I should have said, will you post stats in 30 days to see how it changes once you have more traffic?

I assumed from the OP that you were just now starting to drive traffic, and was curious what changes would occur over the course of the next month.

No no it wasnt offensive at all, i was laughing when i typed that, as in... what the heck is he talking about! LOL

and i gotcha, the bounce rate for these sites have always been low. that was 30 prior, i can post again in 30 days but i doubt ill remember. Like i said gotta move them through and take a cookie with them. (not forcefully though)

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Cool. Gotcha now... must have gotten the wrong impression from the OP.

You doing any BANS or ebay sites? I think you and bio are the two main ones doing ecommerce style stuff right? I think he moves physical goods and someone else dropships right?

I've only had a couple of those, but lost interest. But, I'm thinking of rolling out a few new ones just play around with, though I don't really want to be a full on merchant, I'd only be interested in dropshipping or affiliate stuff.

Jonlee and I are the only info product people? lol

/thread high jacking

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Cool. Gotcha now... must have gotten the wrong impression from the OP.

You doing any BANS or ebay sites? I think you and bio are the two main ones doing ecommerce style stuff right? I think he moves physical goods and someone else dropships right?

Jonlee and I are the only info product people? lol

Not doing any BANS yet, ill start that some other month. I do e-commerce, but also affiliate/ad rev as well. I thought there may have been one other person on here besides Kenric and I that do e-commerce?

I do not do info products though, never really liked the whole e-book/ digital information type stuff. I like physical products/services.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
Bounce rate of less than 1% is pretty killer. I've been pretty proud of keeping mine in the single digits, but I've never had a site that low. I think it's important to keep the goal and function of the site in mind...a higher bounce rate is not necessarily a bad thing. I personally give more weight to % return visitors.

You know it would be cool to have some sort of organized, voluntary reporting site which in some reputable way gave you a resource to be able to compare your stats to others in the same field. You know, to see how you measure up. Right now, it's pretty much impossible to know what's "normal". Ultimately though I don't think it's essential; comparing yourself to yourself is often the best thing anyway.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Bounce rate of less than 1% is pretty killer. I've been pretty proud of keeping mine in the single digits, but I've never had a site that low. I think it's important to keep the goal and function of the site in mind...a higher bounce rate is not necessarily a bad thing. I personally give more weight to % return visitors.

You know it would be cool to have some sort of organized, voluntary reporting site which in some reputable way gave you a resource to be able to compare your stats to others in the same field. You know, to see how you measure up. Right now, it's pretty much impossible to know what's "normal". Ultimately though I don't think it's essential; comparing yourself to yourself is often the best thing anyway.

yeah it all depends on what you are doing really.

as far as comparisons do you mean a site like alexa.com, compete.com, and quantcast.com? I tihnk there is one other as well. Data isnt 100% but it gives you a good idea.

rxcknrxll

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
May 16, 2008
Space
yeah it all depends on what you are doing really.

as far as comparisons do you mean a site like alexa.com, compete.com, and quantcast.com? I tihnk there is one other as well. Data isnt 100% but it gives you a good idea.

you're right; the data just like with keyword research is never going to be wholly accurate, but still helpful. i don't know a place where you can compare bounce rates and other internal analytics though. am i in the dark? thanks.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Ok codespeakers, lets crack the code for the newbies here (meaning me):

BANS?

OP?

Bans= your aStores but ebay instead of amazon

OP= original post or original poster

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
you're right; the data just like with keyword research is never going to be wholly accurate, but still helpful. i don't know a place where you can compare bounce rates and other internal analytics though. am i in the dark? thanks.

dont think there is a place like that because it would be impossible without installing something on the site owners end. Not to mention comparing bounce rate would be completly useless unless you are comparing a mirror site layout wiht different content. to which that is what googles website optimizer is for. There would be no purpose to see someones bounce rate next to yours with a completly different site.

Now comparing bounce rate on a stock template with different content or offers would be interesting, but who would use a stock template! haha

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow very impressive ... MAD SKiLZZ!

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Aaah, so there are some other private individuals. heh jk

I can take a good smack over the head sometimes to, Kurt.

If I say these, I mean...

EPN- ebay partner network, or referencing a site built for that specific purpose

BANS- build a niche store, or an amazon store

ANS- amazon

DSE/DSECOM - drop ship ecommerce store

MES- merchant ecommerce store, specifically merch stores that involve inventory

Note- these are not industry correct, just some blabber that can come out of my mouth... but when you type it 10 times in a thread (like "ebay partner network") it gets annoying.

Next time just say, Hey doorknob, this is an american board; in english please! ;)

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Wow very impressive ... MAD SKiLZZ!

I know you are only 36 but when i see this i can't help but envision my father saying something like that... hahahaha Sorry MJ that's just funny.

lo key

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 11, 2008
Excellent job! Not trying to hijack or anything, but how would one go about calculating bounce rate? I am currently using a combo of awstats and webalizer.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Excellent job! Not trying to hijack or anything, but how would one go about calculating bounce rate? I am currently using a combo of awstats and webalizer.

google analytics, it is free!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I know you are only 36 but when i see this i can't help but envision my father saying something like that... hahahaha Sorry MJ that's just funny.

Not 36 anymore, now I'm 29 with the mind of a 22 year old.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Not 36 anymore, now I'm 29 with the mind of a 22 year old.

I feel like I'm either missing the joke or missing the sarcasm?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.