What's new

You can't afford to stay on the sidewalk!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Donovon

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Apr 8, 2015
Messages
53
Location
Sunnyvale, California
Rep Bank
$640
User Power: 217%
I want to preface this by saying I don't know the challenges that individuals with familial commitments like children or a dependent parent face, but the bottom line remains the same:

The only thing you can't afford is to waste your time.

After graduating college and blowing my savings, I've saved $5,000 over the past 7 months making less than $13/hr without living at home and also (stupidly) purchasing a new car. Now I know that is chump change to some, but the only reason I have any amount in savings is because I hit rock bottom, realized how foolish I was being and immediately put together a plan.

I found out exactly how much I would make, how much my expenses would be, cut expenses that made no sense and boom. I'm saving money. Fastlane? Not a bit. But that's what's going to get me closer to where I want to be.

For example, I can't afford to fund the website I'd ultimately like to build into a business. And it's true, based on the amount of money I have right now I can't afford to hire programmers. While I say I can't afford to fund it, I have a plan to get there. I am working a job (which also is teaching me a skill set I'd like to learn) and saving towards having the capital I need while looking at other ways of providing value in the meantime. That is a plan. One that I'll likely alter as I come up with better alternatives, but it's a plan that will get me closer. I am making a conscious choice that the time I invest now is in pursuit of freeing up time later.

I see people saying 'I can't afford to....." all the time without a plan to make it affordable. Why? If it's something you want to afford, start building a plan toward how to achieve it instead of complaining it can't be done.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom