The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Yieldstreet.com

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
from my understanding everybody wants to earn passive income, I was in that trap also.

but the catch is you can't with a low volume of cash.
you will need millions of dollars to earn 100k a year of passive income.

do the work in earning million and then invest it in assets(ITF, REIT, Rental property, bonds, dividends)

don't be like me I wasted a year thinking to earn passive income in reality I didn't earn a penny, not active not passive none. thinking if it's not passive its not good enough but the thing is the life of luxury demands sacrifices firest.

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL
from my understanding everybody wants to earn passive income, I was in that trap also.

but the catch is you can't with a low volume of cash.
you will need millions of dollars to earn 100k a year of passive income.

do the work in earning million and then invest it in assets(ITF, REIT, Rental property, bonds, dividends)

don't be like me I wasted a year thinking to earn passive income in reality I didn't earn a penny, not active not passive none. thinking if it's not passive its not good enough but the thing is the life of luxury demands sacrifices firest.

Thanks for the input.
Can you please recommend which kind of account you used to save your money month to month?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Thanks for the input.
Can you please recommend which kind of account you used to save your money month to month?
I am in the process, not earned enough that it matters.

simple saving account for my case (4.5% interest rate- india) but still it does not matter.
I suggest using a combination of Recurring deposit, ITF like s&p 500, REIT, and bonds.

but first and foremost save 6 months to 12 months of expense in a saving account, this is not to make you rich but to save you from your troubles. example suppose another pandemic hit and you lost all your income sources even then you have 6 months to get your shit together and It can last longer if you live frugally.

there is no get rich quick scheme

start making money and if you can't get any min wage job (If you think you are good enough to get this job then why haven't you got one)and make a habit to save.[IMP]
save 6 months of your current expense.
invest in a mixture of the assets for a long period of time and keep investing
learn to increase your income
this repeats the cycle

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL

simple saving account for my case (4.5% interest rate- india) but still it does not matter.
I suggest using a combination of Recurring deposit, ITF like s&p 500, REIT, and bonds.

but first and foremost save 6 months to 12 months of expense in a saving account, this is not to make you rich but to save you from your troubles. example suppose another pandemic hit and you lost all your income sources even then you have 6 months to get your shit together and It can last longer if you live frugally.

start making money and if you can't get any min wage job (If you think you are good enough to get this job then why haven't you got one)and make a habit to save.[IMP]
this repeats the cycle

bassiealaina

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 27, 2020
Pompano Beach, FL

this repeats the cycle

Thanks for all of your advice.
I am the queen of living frugally & saving. Once you live making money playing music for a living you can make $100 go a long way! Just trying to direct my savings to the right place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.