The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Year-End Real Estate Deals

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Is anyone else taking advantage of the year-end real estate deals to be made with banks (and other sellers)?

For years, this has been our favorite time to score discounted deals but this year is sizing up to be the best yet.

As many of you know, the holiday sesason is historically (regardless of economy) slow in the real estate market. Buyers are too busy - shopping, entertaining, spending time with family, (in many areas it is COLD), to be bothered with searching for a new home. Add to this the fact that, at this time of year, banks are entering their 'year-end close' process. This means banks are under EXTREME pressure from management to turn bad debt into good before the books are closed and the company (bank) needs to report their financial results to the street.

Last week, my husband had a call from a bank, which owns a property we have been following for months. 3-4 months back, the property was listed at 200k. We made a lowball offer and were denied. Two weeks ago, the price was dropped to 150k and, just a few days ago, the banker called and told us, if we could close before the end of the year, we could have it for 120k.

Great opportunity. Make plenty of low offers, be persistant & prepared for a quick close. Bargain shopping at it's finest!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
That is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I did this as 2009 was closing out. I didn't take advantage of an opportunity at the end of 2010, but I think the U.S. real estate landscape isn't finished giving out great deals!

Best regards.

phlgirl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 29, 2007
Philadelphia
Agreed, 2011 is bound to bring plenty of opportunity. The same logic which applies to a year-end scenario can also apply at a quarter-end, so buyers should always be on the lookout.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Phlgirl,

Fantastic news. I'm on the lookout for some of that action out here in Cali.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.