The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF is going on in America? Ray Dalio may have The Answer.

A post of a ranting nature...
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Needless to say, 2020 has been a hell of a year. It's also left me asking a lot of questions about where things could be heading, and what history hints to (as it so happens, history repeats itself...)

Watched this yesterday and couldn't help but to share.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDnZ7aET67E

Aside from Ray Dalio criticizing the very system that allowed him to prosper personally (as @Kak pointed out — take it as you will), I've found this writing very useful in understanding the rise and fall of empires, and what history can tell us about the years ahead.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Funny how I was just thinking about this. I thought man wtf is happening to this country.

It’s complicated. But if you look at what happened to the British empire it all started when they left the tally stick system and replaced it with the Bank of England(let’s print money baby!) plus political turmoil.

Ray Dalio is a big fan of evolution. In evolution this is called parasitic divergence. It basically means we start sabotaging our own species and start going in reverse.

The America today is nothing what the founding fathers left us. Sadly dirtbags will infiltrate government. The international central banking cartel controls the world economy.

What I think is happening to America:
1. Government and Central bank controlling our economy with too much debt with fake rates.
2. Parasitic divergence in the government and in society(let’s go in reverse!)
3. Stagnating wages and less skilled labor(more social services!)
4. Social divide and tension(Antifa!)

The cycle has been obvious. We go more into debt cause it’s backed by taxes. Wages have been stagnating and low job prospects. College diplomas which are backed by wages and taxes are left in limbo unused. Parasitic divergence both socially and politically. The result is a ratchet effect where there is no reverse but economic catastrophe.

Last edited:

Hadrian

QUEST MASTER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Oct 8, 2017
Dublin, Ireland
From an outside perspective:

I can’t decide if it’s more like the fall of the Roman Republic, or the fall of the Roman Empire! Seems like a bit of both... would like to see it turn around as I do like the American Vitality and can do attitude!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Needless to say, 2020 has been a hell of a year. It's also left me asking a lot of questions about where things could be heading, and what history hints to (as it so happens, history repeats itself...)

Watched this yesterday and couldn't help but to share.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDnZ7aET67E

Aside from Ray Dalio criticizing the very system that allowed him to prosper personally (as @Kak pointed out — take it as you will), I've found this writing very useful in understanding the rise and fall of empires, and what history can tell us about the years ahead.

Cheers.
I agree with Ray. We're in the middle of a decline. I think its an inescapable decline. We are currently the dominant superpower in the world. In 30 years, we won't be. We will play second fiddle to someone, probably China.

We have poor leaders (our last string of presidents have been at-best, mediocre. I'm a Republican, and so I go back to Reagan to find the last president I respected. Maybe Clinton was up there. Both Bushes, eeh. Obama, eeh. Trump, I had high hopes for, but the guy just can't get out of his own way.

Our current crop of 'civil rights' leaders are pitiful. "We're Black, so therefore give us business/money/good life outcomes." Seriously? Unfortunately, they are serious. MLK is turning over in his grave.

Our education system is inadequate

Our media have devolved into pure propaganda machines. Previously, they were propaganda machines that at least made an attempt at objectivity.

Name a major institution we have that isn't on the decline. I don't think there are any public ones. You'd have to look to the private sector, namely software and technology generally before you found something that is still doing well.

This is all depressing.

However.

If this is the state of things (I'm open to debate on this, but I'm pretty convinced I'm right), the question is, 'now what?' Even in a declining empire, opportunity abounds. We just have to find and take advantage of it.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
you can build things up
or you can tear them down...

I prefer to be the one that builds things up (even if others tear it down in the first place)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.