Astute
New Contributor
Ok so why are you complaining then?If I spent those last 5 months going after collaborating with someone, I wouldn't have the content I have now.
My understanding was that a little guy usually doesn't just ask a person at the top to say "Hey! Give me some exposure!". You need to prove yourself and get to a level of having your own following. That is what I was doing. And I don't agree entirely. My model wasn't "Ride off other people".
He seems to have taken a shortcut and produced a 'poorer' product; this will always be his downfall sooner or later. But he seems to have executed it much better, in a smarter, more efficient way, and it should be a big wake up call for you to be less conventional.
It's pretty obvious what you need to do and the first part is to stop whining about it. Just get on A) producing great products B) creating some contacts.
Have you even thought to ask your friend to help you out, or put you in touch with this other guy?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
