The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Would you find this application useful?

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Trying to do something productive while I have time, and create something useful. Learn some new frameworks as well.

I don't know the feasibility of it, but would it be useful for creators to stream their computer screens onto Instagram Live? Using something like OBS, they can stream whatever they're streaming on OBS to Instagram Live.

I've always thought it'd be pretty cool to share "live" my web development.

Here's an example screen I mocked up, you would download the application, login with your Instagram username and password... authorize the application. Then enter in your OBS stream key and then it would stream your OBS stream on Instagram Live.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

StefanoUP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Aug 8, 2019
Europe
I'm not a big fan of Instagram but that might be an interesting idea.
My only question : Is there no limitation to the size of a video you can upload to Instagram ?

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Since it's through OBS I guess you can use any source, such as the camera that films my easel? I'd use it for short painting streams.

If it makes a difference my #1 struggle right now is that the app I got to stream to OBS from the iPhone is laggy, and so the recorded video at the end that I'd like to edit into a speed painting. I need to order the cable to see how it goes with the canon camera.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I'm not a big fan of Instagram but that might be an interesting idea.
My only question : Is there no limitation to the size of a video you can upload to Instagram ?
That's a good question, I believe I'd have to play around with the video settings. I'd assume there would be some vertical mode crop.

Since it's through OBS I guess you can use any source, such as the camera that films my easel? I'd use it for short painting streams.

If it makes a difference my #1 struggle right now is that the app I got to stream to OBS from the iPhone is laggy, and so the recorded video at the end that I'd like to edit into a speed painting. I need to order the cable to see how it goes with the canon camera.
So what you're saying is that the #1 struggle you have right now is that the streaming video or recorded video from your iPhone is laggy? I could understand a stream being laggy but a recording? Maybe I'm not getting it, haha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
That's a good question, I believe I'd have to play around with the video settings. I'd assume there would be some vertical mode crop.

So what you're saying is that the #1 struggle you have right now is that the streaming video or recorded video from your iPhone is laggy? I could understand a stream being laggy but a recording? Maybe I'm not getting it, haha.

Probably because the recording is made by the OBS which receives the image with lag from the phone. That was me trying to stream and record at the same time for future editing. Did not work. If I just record from the device ofc it's not lagged.

arl

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 16, 2019
Interesting concept but I'm not sure it would be that useful. Most instagram users are on their phone. Wouldn't be a computer screen fitted into a smartphone too small?

I've tried in the past watching tutorials on youtube on my phone and I couldn't see anything. You would need at least a tablet to able to see the screen properly.

I guess it could work for gaming or some other kind of streaming where you don't need to see that much detail.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.