The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*Would anyone want to share a lake house with me?* (possibly for free)

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
My FAVORITE poster here.

Live on a lake.

Brainstorm and build empires.

YOU'RE KILLING ME MAN! If I didn't have a life I was plugged into, I'd jump on it.

You're making a killing in (hate to say it) a crappy biz (mowing). I know we could conquer the world teaming up in a lucrative biz.

20 years ago I'd be there by noon the next day. There is one solution though. I must build a time machine!

I can't believe anyone able to do this is not on it. Get on it like white on rice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
I'm like 3 hours away from there and also a young dude working for myself.. Only problem is that I'm not the biggest fan of paying that much to live in Washington state (especially as the gloomy season approaches for like 8 months). I'm actually wanting to leave the Pacific Northwest :happy:.

OP are you location independent? Why not take the party down to a warmer state like California, Nevada or AZ with a bunch of other young entrepreneurs? The idea itself is actually pretty brilliant. Check out what you can get in AZ for 2.7K, you lose the lake but you get ASU

Last edited:

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
I'm like 3 hours away from there and also a young dude working for myself.. Only problem is that I'm not the biggest fan of paying that much to live in Washington state (especially as the gloomy season approaches for like 8 months). I'm actually wanting to leave the Pacific Northwest :happy:.

OP are you location independent? Why not take the party down to a warmer state like California, Nevada or AZ with a bunch of other young entrepreneurs? The idea itself is actually pretty brilliant. Check out what you can get in AZ for 2.7K, you lose the lake but you get ASU

Are you on the west or east side of Washington?

G

Guest24480

1k/bedroom for that on a lake assuming every bedroom was filled? Jesus almighty I pay almost that much for a complete shit box where I live. This place would cost 3x that where I am. Why not find 2 more roommates and get it down to 1k/head? Are there not a lot of people in the area?

I just took a promotion at work but now I want to quit. Well I wanted to quit anyway but now I really want to quit and kiss my overpriced city goodbye.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
1k/bedroom for that on a lake assuming every bedroom was filled? Jesus almighty I pay almost that much for a complete shit box where I live. This place would cost 3x that where I am. Why not find 2 more roommates and get it down to 1k/head? Are there not a lot of people in the area?

I just took a promotion at work but now I want to quit. Well I wanted to quit anyway but now I really want to quit and kiss my overpriced city goodbye.
You live in New York or somewhere on the east coast?

daniel_m

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
260%
Feb 26, 2019
Are you on the west or east side of Washington?

Neither - up in Canada

But I could stay in the States for at least 6 months currently, or if I really wanted to I'm sure I could get a work visa fairly swiftly.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
When I was 20 (over 100 years ago) I was in Death Valley, California. Military. That place gave Death a good name. Anything was better than being there. Wore combat BOOTS every damn day. Fun with a capital F - uh, did I say Fun? I meant...

If I would have had anything remotely close to this offer, I would have been on the road within hours, not days.

Still putting this in the back of my mind for future reference. Once I get a few projects done, I will be able to live anywhere.

I might even take this to the next level. I'll find the place in California, and invite Johnny Boy to join up there. Or Florida Keys (I know a guy that lived there and snorkeled whenever he wanted fish or lobster for a meal).

D

DeletedUser0287

I've got a small place on lake steilacoom in lakewood.

Living on a lake is dope. I'm pumped to live where I'm at currently but something popped up that got me excited.

I was on zillow the other day and found a place on lake tapps and it's a lot better. It would be 4k a month at that place. 2k each. Less if split 3 ways. It's got 4 bedrooms.

Anyone wanna move in?

Here's the link.

I'm a single 22 year old dude I don't need a big place all to myself.

I feel like the place is unnecessary expensive especially if you are building a business. Really? 2k a month? This is what happens when you want to enjoy more than building your business. Get a place for $500/month. Live below your means

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
Nice brother a lake house will give you inner peace try to get a house here in holland you would pay your a$$ off Netherlands is very expensive the taxes are abnormal but in general its nice things are organized

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I feel like the place is unnecessary expensive especially if you are building a business. Really? 2k a month? This is what happens when you want to enjoy more than building your business. Get a place for $500/month. Live below your means

500 a month?, boggles my mind you can rent for that. an absolute shit hole in a shit suburb of Melbourne would put you out $350 a week.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

I see your point clearly and totally agree that living below your means is the sensible thing to do, but also sometimes living the life you desire anyway can be conducive to growth. Once you experience living in a nice home, staying in quality hotels, travelling business or first class you won't want to go back. This creates a strong desire and determination to succeed. Richard Branson was living in a mansion well before he could sensible afford to.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
When my business takes off and I got monthly cashflow I could move to US for a couple of months and this would be a cool plan ;)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

In the winter months, revenue will stay the same because the customers are on 12 month plans and we dont have to work much at all in the winter and nothing at all in January.

So I will be traveling around, doing other remote businesses I've got that I don't put any effort to right now. I will be in India for 2 weeks in January. Also plan on chilling in Bali as long as humanly possible. Yes I will be getting the hell out of here in the winter.

edit: also, live on a lake and you'll understand why I want to stay on one. It's like no other feeling sitting out on the dock with your feet in the water and listening to some chill music sipping a mojito. Or waking up with a girl and looking out over the water enjoying some coffee. It's something else bro. It makes my soul smile.

D

DeletedUser0287

I see your point clearly and totally agree that living below your means is the sensible thing to do, but also sometimes living the life you desire anyway can be conducive to growth. Once you experience living in a nice home, staying in quality hotels, travelling business or first class you won't want to go back. This creates a strong desire and determination to succeed. Richard Branson was living in a mansion well before he could sensible afford to.

That is a good point, but could also be used temporarily. Instead of living in a mansion that will tie you down on funds. Was Branson self funding at that time? Book a 5 star hotel. It only costs once, if you really want to use it as motivation.

I’m a little biased, because my venture is high capital.

I did go on a single vacation recently (within 4 years) recently to Singapore Marina Bay, damn that shit was motivating as hell.

EDIT: I do have a friend that makes the same justification. He ended up being a fake entrepreneur though. It would get out of hand because he would be buying a BMW, for motivation. Now that he locked himself into this image. It is hard for him to step back. If he needed money for his business he would need to take an ego hit. His lifestyle increased when got better paying slowlane jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Was Branson self funding at that time?

The mansion was run down but they converted the squash court into a recording studio. I guess that way the whole lot was tax deductible. It wasn't long after that they signed up Mike Oldfield and he became the Virgin cash cow that created the bank roll that the rest of the company was build upon. Which led them to signing up the Sex Pistols and the Rolling Stones.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
Great, work for me part time and live there for free! Lol
If my twin brother and I weren't locked into a lease till next August I'd be all damn over this.

We're both also 22 too and live in Renton. We should link up sometime. It'd be great to meet a true entrepreneur that is also the same age!

Games247

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 31, 2019
I've got a small place on lake steilacoom in lakewood.

Living on a lake is dope. I'm pumped to live where I'm at currently but something popped up that got me excited.

I was on zillow the other day and found a place on lake tapps and it's a lot better. It would be 4k a month at that place. 2k each. Less if split 3 ways. It's got 4 bedrooms.

Anyone wanna move in?

Here's the link.

I'm a single 22 year old dude I don't need a big place all to myself.
I'd like to live with some other entrepreneurs once I start making money from my book/ business. If there are any spaces available when I have income i will likely take you up on it.

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
If my twin brother and I weren't locked into a lease till next August I'd be all damn over this.

We're both also 22 too and live in Renton. We should link up sometime. It'd be great to meet a true entrepreneur that is also the same age!

One of the things I do is guide and advise my clients on contracts. Especially prior contracts that they think they're locked into. No contract locks you in. Every contract has an escape clause, whether it is built into it or not.

You can get out of any contract that you want to. It may cost some money - and it may cause a headache - but it's your life we're talking about here.

One of my favorite movie scenes was Michael Keaton playing Roy Kroc in the movie "Founder." When the McDonald brothers screamed at him that he was locked into a contract he said, "yeah I know, but I think it's time for a new contract." And that's exactly what happened.

Break the damn thing if it will improve your life. It's only money, and money is replaceable. It may cause some issues, but issues can be fixed one way or another. Just get stuff done. Damn, I wish I knew then what I know now...

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
Would someone pay for my visa and ticket to US? I would definitely come lol.

Atona

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jun 8, 2023
I’m in uni and I feel like a bum, I want to get out of my mom’s house it’s too comfortable, I want to change my environment. I’m interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.