The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

*Would anyone want to share a lake house with me?* (possibly for free)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I've got a small place on lake steilacoom in lakewood.

Living on a lake is dope. I'm pumped to live where I'm at currently but something popped up that got me excited.

I was on zillow the other day and found a place on lake tapps and it's a lot better. It would be 4k a month at that place. 2k each. Less if split 3 ways. It's got 4 bedrooms.

Anyone wanna move in?

Here's the link.

I'm a single 22 year old dude I don't need a big place all to myself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon Anthony

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
572%
Jan 5, 2019
Trying to get a little entrepreneur's mastermind going I see ;)

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Love The Office Room :)

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
jeez... 2k/mo each gets you all that? in NY 2k is like a 2bedroom lol

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Good luck to you man. If I had any cash flow at the moment I'd be game. Someone needs to hop on this!
Bro I’ll give you my web design and marketing consulting business just to get you some cash flow. Also, if you wanna work with me in my business then I’ll let you live here too.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Update: If you don’t have cash flow to justify 2k in rent then if you work for me for like 20-25 hours a week you can live here for free and I’ll also give you one of my side businesses to bring in more money in the afternoons.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
A post here probably would have done just as well. When are you looking to move in?
Sooner the better. My worker is leaving next week and I gotta replace him. Would be in a month or two. I can tell my landlord I want to leave and it will get advertised as being available. Once someone takes over I don't have to pay any longer. But that could take a month or two to transition.

I could find someone to work temporarily alongside me in the meantime and let them stay there with me but I'm concerned about trusting them and if they pull any funny shit I might be in a bad spot. I know there's definitely a risk here.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Update: If you don’t have cash flow to justify 2k in rent then if you work for me for like 20-25 hours a week you can live here for free and I’ll also give you one of my side businesses to bring in more money in the afternoons.

Such a good offer. I'm in a good position to do this. My brother is moving to another country in a month. I'm 27 and single. My strongest skill is copy writing. Good with computers.

Any chance you would hire me full time?

What kind of work will the person hired be doing?

Also how would you go about in establishing trust from someone you only know through a forum?

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Damn, if you would have made this post 1 month ago I would have sprung on it. Just moved into a new place 2 weeks ago.

Got no ties to where I'm at now besides growing up here and having friends. Planning on being a hermit all winter anyway cause the dating scene is a mess if you're over 25.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Such a good offer. I'm in a good position to do this. My brother is moving to another country in a month. I'm 27 and single. My strongest skill is copy writing. Good with computers.

Any chance you would hire me full time?

What kind of work will the person hired be doing?

Also how would you go about in establishing trust from someone you only know through a forum?

Just help me mow some lawns. We don’t really work that much. Usually done by 1:30 to 2:30 each day. That pays for the place.

After that we can do some web design work and marketing consulting or something else and that’ll give you the spending cash for car insurance, food, cocaine, etc. the essentials. Jk.

And as for trust I combine 1. What my gut tells me 2. Setting things up so I’m minimizing risk where I can and 3. Focusing more on massive upsides and letting small downsides and risks be water under the bridge.

I’ll start talking to the people renting the place out to see how this can work. The transition could be tricky with some moving parts but I’ve always been a deal maker

If you want to just split the rent that’d work too and you wouldn’t have to mow lawns

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana

At this point, there are only two reasons someone is saying no to this offer:

1) Moving doesn't fit with your life right now (Wife, mortgage, business ties you down, etc)
2) Limiting beliefs

Johnny Boy is giving you the opportunity of a life time, with what amounts to no risk. If you've got nothing going on in your life right now, no reason to stay, you've got no reason not to take this man up on this offer.

P.S. You owe him a really nice bottle of scotch if you do.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Dude this honestly looks dope. I love the location, the house, the mastermind/tribe idea. This is exactly what I'm looking for, in a years time from now. I wish I could take you up on the offer live - come spend a weekend, tour the place, and sign the lease.

Let's stay linked - I'd love to do something like this in the near future. You'll likely be in a mansion by yourself and a group of girls by next summer, but if you're still looking for a roomie I'd be game.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Just help me mow some lawns. We don’t really work that much. Usually done by 1:30 to 2:30 each day. That pays for the place.

After that we can do some web design work and marketing consulting or something else and that’ll give you the spending cash for car insurance, food, cocaine, etc. the essentials. Jk.

And as for trust I combine 1. What my gut tells me 2. Setting things up so I’m minimizing risk where I can and 3. Focusing more on massive upsides and letting small downsides and risks be water under the bridge.

I’ll start talking to the people renting the place out to see how this can work. The transition could be tricky with some moving parts but I’ve always been a deal maker

If you want to just split the rent that’d work too and you wouldn’t have to mow lawns

That's the thing I don't think I'll be able to split the rent. I would have to pay 1k a month in rent.

Also this is one of those things. Where do you find the balance between battering work for rent or just paying the person a flat hourly rate and than charge him for rent?

It seems that the person who doesn't have to pay rent is getting a better deal. On the long run you may find that it's not working out in your favor.

How much do you pay your lawn workers per hour?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
That's the thing I don't think I'll be able to split the rent. I would have to pay 1k a month in rent.

Also this is one of those things. Where do you find the balance between battering work for rent or just paying the person a flat hourly rate and than charge him for rent?

It seems that the person who doesn't have to pay rent is getting a better deal. On the long run you may find that it's not working out in your favor.

How much do you pay your lawn workers per hour?
I'm not keeping track of who's getting a better deal or any of that. Couldn't care less.

I want to continue living on a lake like I already am.

But living in a big beautiful house shared with another fastlane individual for the same price as being by myself in a small place is a no brainer. I'd rather be chillin in the big house.

That's how I'm looking at it.

We can mow some lawns, plan some parties, grow our businesses and enjoy a dope year. Or I could just keep doing it on a smaller scale at my own place by myself. Either way I'm a happy man. Just seeing if anyone is interested in being a part of it.

Speculatooor

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jul 11, 2019
Netherlands
I would take on your offer, but unfortunately live in europe. I wish you good luck!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.