The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH Worth it to join a yoga retreat?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

CongratsFri3nd

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2019
Hey guys!

I have to thank fitness to many of the great advances I've done in my life so far now, and that includes yoga. However, I'd like to take things to the next level and join a yoga retreat for some time, to learn more about the practice, improve it and learn how to use it to bnefit other aspects of my life.

The question is, what yoga retreat do you recommend (anywhere in the world) and is it worth it to join one?

Thanks!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jan 30, 2019
I cannot tell you of a specific yoga retreat to join for the purposes you listed. However, look into facilities around you that offers yoga. There are places out there dedicated to provide yoga sessions similar to gyms providing a place for workout sessions.

As for if it is worth joining a retreat, it would be a good idea to ask yourself why you are practicing yoga in the first place. Is it for general health? Natural interest? To become more flexible? To deepen your spirituality? Only you can decide if "something" is "worth it".

Practicing some yoga poses to help rehabilitate muscle injuries and promote flexibility to be able to engage in basic activities of daily living - completely worth it to me. A yoga retreat where I am totally engrossed in yoga is not worth it to me since my interest in yoga is only in learning some poses.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
I did one once. It was organized by one of the teachers in the gym I went to at that time. It was great to go way more in depth. Also being disconnected (I didn't use my phone at all) and being in nature all the time was amazing.

My advice would be to find a local teacher who also organizes retreats and take some classes with him/her first, before deciding to join their retreat. If you like the teacher, you will probably like the retreat he/she organizes as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here to revive this thread and to convince anyone who is hesitant to sign up. The short version...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
How do I sell to a different country with an accent? And a foreign number. Cold e-mails don't...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hey @Cruiser I just shot you a reply! Amazing product BTW!
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom