The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Working on mine, how are yours?

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
I’m noticing a common idea running loosely through many threads, and one word sums up not only in terms of how to run in the fast lane, but what makes the destination worth the drive. The word is relationships.

Where does money come from? Money comes from people. You provide a good or service and people give you money. The most and best relationships you can establish in the process of getting people to give you money, the more they’re willing to give and do it more often. They will also tell their friend to give you money.

Net statement:

while building your business, always strive to cultivate as many quality
relationships as possible.

Some ways you can cultivate these relationships include but are not limited to:

Under promise and over deliver
Offer quality goods or services
Give value
If you work directly with people, treat them like family and friends
Catch your employees doing things right
Listen
Implement customer feedback
Compliment (sincerely)
Expect the best of people
Give your best
Expect those who run your business for you to subscribe to these tenants

You can come up with many more ways to cultivate relationships in your business, whether it’s brick and mortar or online. There are many great minds here.

And most importantly, how satisfying would life be with all the money to live and do what you want, and no one to do it with? So remember to also cultivate those relationships you want to maintain once you’ve “arrivedâ€.

I not just talking about your spouse or significant other and other immediate family. Not every one here even has these. I’m talking about people in addition to family and close friends that you enjoy. I know it should go without saying that these relationships are the most important, but they can also be the first ones compromised when some get caught up in chasing the dollar.

Enjoy the drive!

:3some: :cheers: :banana::banana: :love2:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I very much agree with your thoughts. Relationship building is key in any business.

If you work directly with people, treat them like family and friends
I especially like this one. My dad has his own practice as a doctor (chiropractor and acupuncturist). When I work in his office, I notice the way he interacts with his patients. He's on a first-name basis with just about all of them and attempts to genuinely take interest in whatever they have to say. He checks up on their current happenings and what-not. While it may not be the most professional way to go about his business, I do believe it goes a long way in keeping his patients for the long run. It makes the environment there seem much more comfortable and makes everybody's lives much more enjoyable.

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
And most importantly, how satisfying would life be with all the money to live and do what you want, and no one to do it with? So remember to also cultivate those relationships you want to maintain once you’ve “arrivedâ€.

I think this is something most of us neglect. That is something else we gained when we joined a best practices group, we met some of our best friends. These are people are in the same line of business we are in, but they are from different states or countries. We have so much in common with them yet we don't feel like we they are competetors. We have organized vacations with some of the goup & went to visit them at their homes, and hosted them at our home. Not to say this is the only way to develop relationships but it has been a substantial benefit for us.

Janet

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Aug 31, 2007
I love this thread!

Here are the values that we have for our companies. We put it in our contracts with employees and independent contractors and they sign saying that they will follow these values as well.

• Tell the truth so it is helpful and empowering.
• Deliver more than you promise.
• Positively impact others.
• Inspire customer confidence.
• Look for better, smarter and faster ways.
• Simplify.
• Say “please and thank youâ€. Be polite.
• Make only agreements you intend to keep.
• Do not seek acknowledgement or sympathy.
• Admit and correct mistakes quickly
• Don’t ignore problems.
• When problems arise, first look to the system, then go directly to the source and look for solutions.
• Honor, validate and support the DKA/TaxLoopholes brand, vision, mission, values and team.
• Hold each other innocent until all facts are in.
• Take responsibility for completing your own communication.
• Commit to on-going personal growth and financial education.

Rep +

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Great post. though the title did not really mean anything to me, the information here is great. Rep++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.