The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Working from home?

A-GAME

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 23, 2007
Australia
Hi everyone. My girlfriend is looking for new opportunities to work from home. Something online would be perfect in her mind so i was wondering if anyone here would be able to give me some ideas as to what she would be able to do with no experience? I dont know much about these internet based ''work from home'' sites however, most of them look extremely dodgy to say the least. I welcome any ideas and all advice is much appreciated...Thanks :hurray:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
The "work from home" trap is very similar to the "I need money" trap.

I pursued the same thing when my children were very small. Wanted to be home with the kids, but still wanted to make some money / contribute the the finances / have a "professional" life outside of raising the kids.

Unfortunately, I didn't get very far with that outlook. Once I changed to "How can I provide value?" "How can I provide a service" - things changed for me.

Does she have the ambition / self discipline to start something on her own?
or
Is she really looking for that "work for someone else.... have a job at home" experience?

The first.... well, there are a million things she can do. Starting with reading some of the "legendary" threads on this forum.
The second.... I'm sure there are some things out there, but we would need to know a lot about her skills, background, etc.

G_Alexander

Does it Cash Flow?
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
941%
Jun 7, 2008
Yes, she can work from home and make a good deal of money. Is she going to find this happiness from a late night TV ad??....simply put: no.

Like ATW said, we need to have a little more background on her first before we can give you any solid advice.

You said she is looking for a job that requires no experience, but why not let her skills work for her. What industry has she worked in before?

How much effort is she willing to put forth in this new business venture?

Is she looking for a 9 to 5 J.O.B.?? Or is does she have a financially free based mindset?

If you evaluate the situation and find that she is looking for a steady and secure job, then this may not be the place to ask what kind of job she can get (this is the Fastlane!)

But if she is willing to venture out and take risks, money could be right around the corner in an e-commerce business!

The best thing to do would be (like ATW said) getting her to read the legendary threads and evaluate a few things. Let us know what she is interested in and what she is willing to do. Ambition is a big must if she is going to try something to truly expand the "work from home" title.

-Alex

dnuge3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 4, 2009
USA
Well, the best thing she could do is figure out what she is passionate about. From there she can research it a little bit more and get a better understanding of the underlying factors, for example, I am interested in social relations and how they work and evolve from stranger to friend. I researched biology and evolutionary psychology and think I have a pretty good grasp on it. So for her, whatever her interest may be, there is a niche for it. If she can put together a site, or create a product for that specific niche and market it, she has a work at home job.

A-GAME

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 23, 2007
Australia
Thank you all for your responses they are all very helpful. She has worked in nighclub promotions for many years, she was also a booking agent for dj's/performers from all around the world but for the past 6 months she has been managing a nightclub including bar and all other staff. She is extremely capable and has the drive to succeed at anything she puts her mind to. She is not looking for a 9-5 type thing, and definately wants to find something she is passionate about otherwise she would just stay where she is since the pay is so great. She is looking for something bigger and better that gives her more freedom/flexibility in her day to day life.

Does she have the ambition / self discipline to start something on her own?

Absolutely.

But if she is willing to venture out and take risks, money could be right around the corner in an e-commerce business!

Definately. She is a risk taker and if she sees an opportunity, she will take that opportunity and give it her all.

Ill check out your link too yahshar. Thank you all again for your responses and help with this.

patientPrince$$

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Nov 13, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Well she can start by registering with one of those forums below. They are full of work at home moms. They discuss their work at home opportunities, problems with payment and alot of other stuff that would be helpful to a newbie looking to work at home. Check out and I hope you get some good stuff.

Work from Home Forum - WAHM.com
Work Place Like Home

Happy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Aug 16, 2008
St. Louis, MO - USA
She has worked in nighclub promotions for many years, she was also a booking agent for dj's/performers from all around the world ...

Is being a booking agent one of her passions? Can she take the skills she has already developed and put a new spin on them by developing her own web based agency? What better venue to book international events.

Or perhaps start a blog from a promoters point of view on what steps need to be taken by clients to increase their chances of getting booked. Or a blog that helps promoters break into the business.

What are some of her other work related passions?

Happy

minamo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Sep 11, 2010
Often if your in a programming job for a while you can offer to work from home.

Financial management is also an option.

I work partially at home atm, and when i have my own thing running, I will be fully.

With good communication alot is possible:).

Rick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 8, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Hi A-Game,

if your girlfriend likes to work from home as an internetmarketer, she can give it a try without buying any expensive ebooks, courses etc.

Ed Dale, one of the top dogs in the internetmarketing industry offers a free 7 module training for newbies (and experienced internetmarketers - I learn a lot from it every year). She doesn't even have to register.

Your girlfriend should know: This program will not make her rich in 4 weeks. But it provides her with the basics of internetmarketing and the skills to test a market. Perhaps she will make some bucks during this process, but that is not the goal at this stage.

Ed Dale offers his challenge every year, your girlfriend may want to google what participants have to say about it. Here is the link:

The Challenge (then click member access right above)

Cheers!
Rick

joncrx

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 13, 2008
Orange County, CA
The company I work for is totally virtual and we have had great success with our home based employees. Often we have been able to get talent for bargain prices due to the economy. Depending on what her skill sets may be, I would suggest approaching some of the marketers that market the work from home stuff about a job for her if that is what she wants. Most of the entrepreneurs in our circle all operate a virtual organization for the purpose of scalability and reducing overhead.

Depending on what her immediate income goals are I may be able to make a referral or two.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.