The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Winter golf in Europe?

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Want to take my dad on a golf trip. Maybe something longer term. Any recommendations of good areas with golf courses please? Maybe the algarve or Southern Spain?

Something non touristy in Spain would be amazing as we both speak Spanish.

Thank you

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Want to take my dad on a golf trip. Maybe something longer term. Any recommendations of good areas with golf courses please? Maybe the algarve or Southern Spain?

Thank you
Perhaps you should consider coming to Yuma, Az in the USA. Right on the border of Mexico so many people speak Spanish here.

My course is loaded with Canadians for the winter but it is not really a tourist town. More of a winter haven for snowbirds.

Sounds like you are looking to stay in Europe but I thought that I would put that out here.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Thank you

Anything else you want to do there? Anything you don't like or really love in a perfect getaway destination?

Algarve is the definition of touristy and so is most of southern Spain where there are golf courses.

I'd consider Madeira as well though sunny skies aren't as guaranteed there.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I don’t play golf, but I m near that some weeks a year. I love that area. Its often warm here in the cooler times.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Perhaps you should consider coming to Yuma, Az in the USA. Right on the border of Mexico so many people speak Spanish here.

My course is loaded with Canadians for the winter but it is not really a tourist town. More of a winter haven for snowbirds.

Sounds like you are looking to stay in Europe but I thought that I would put that out here.
That sounds great thank you. I may come over there myself. But with my dad I'm looking for something within a few hours of the UK

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019
Anything else you want to do there? Anything you don't like or really love in a perfect getaway destination?

Algarve is the definition of touristy and so is most of southern Spain where there are golf courses.

I'd consider Madeira as well though sunny skies aren't as guaranteed there.
Sun, Great hikes and landscape.

Beach wouldn't go a miss.

Thank you I'll check out Maderia

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Sun, Great hikes and landscape.

Beach wouldn't go a miss.

Thank you I'll check out Maderia

Then you'll love Madeira. It's a hiker's paradise. Just make sure not to stay anywhere in the mountains because it will be cold and cloudy.

D

Deleted85763

Thank you
Luck you. Marbella, Spain has year-round golf. The general area is quite spacious, unlike a lot of other European places that are much more densely populated. The landscape is beautiful enough; has a nice, high mountain in the background but is not what I would call panoramic like other places in Spain.. Marbella has great upscale shopping, dinning and anything else you would ever want.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.