The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Winners and Whiners

WinWin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Aug 24, 2008
WDC
I found this on Keith Cameron Smith's (Author of "The Top 10 Distinctions .." series of books) website.

A few of the distinctions are very interesting and provide food for thought.

10. Winners take responsibility.
Whiners play the victim.

9. Winners can have what they want.
Whiners want what they cannot have.

8. Winners find a way.
Whiners find an excuse.

7. Winners brighten a room by entering.
Whiners brighten a room by leaving.

6. Winners listen twice as much as they talk.
Whiners talk twice as much as they listen.

5. Winners enjoy life’s journeys.
Whiners put their joy in the destinations.

4. Winners build friendships.
Whiners destroy friendships.

3. Winners think big.
Whiners think small.

2. Winners are focus-minded.
Whiners are scatterbrained.

1. Winners create positive meanings.
Whiners create negative meanings.

By the way, I haven't read the book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
You gotta read it!

Lol, I'm a slow reader and it took me about 2hrs to complete(~110pages, small sized vs. E-Myth which is about 300pages and pages are about 2x the size).

It is something that I need to keep referencing on my journey b/c like most of us who are not yet in the fastlane, I come from and currently live in the middle class mindset which is greatly defined in the Winners and Whiners(we're a bunch of "whiners" :p) and the distinctions in the book are very eye-opening such as the 5 social classes and how they plan fiscally: very poor(lives day to day), poor(lives paycheck to paycheck), middle class(lives month to month), rich(lives year to year), very rich(lives decade to decade) as well as another one which is how successful people talk about ideas while middle-class people talk about people or things such as office gossip, envious chat(i.e. I wish I had what HE had) or what they would buy IF they had the money as opposed to HOW they would get the money.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Thanks for this, Winwin.

The past few days have been very rough-- and I've slipped back into my old whiner habits (hey, it's how I was raised).

It's easy to let the negative energy just wash over you and bring you down.

Time to get rid of that junk and focus on the positive! :banana: :banana: :banana:

-Russ H.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Michael- I think what he means is people who look at a Lambo and say "I'd love to have one, but I'll never be able to afford it" or my favorite, the office hot-stock tip guy who says "Yea after this baby catches fire I'm gonna get a Lambo" :smilielol:

The difference between people like us on TFTM and them is that we actually talk about the HOW and the PATH as opposed to just the dream :smxB:

In fact I've had quite a few friends that gave me plenty of entertainment with their "plans" for success some of which still haven't showed any results 10yrs later, I mean I never understood the meaning of trying to impress someone by telling them a completely b.s. story that just makes you look like an idiot, lol, like one of my friends who needs to write a book or movie about all of his "exploits" whether they were financial, romantic conquests or fights :rofl:

sprite

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 7, 2009
9. Winners can have what they want.
Whiners want what they cannot have.

In my opinion everyone wants what they can't have. Whether they are winners or whiners. You always want to be at the next level. If you have a sports car you want a yacht, if you have a yacht you want a jet, etc. Once you can have something is suddenly becomes less interesting because it is obtainable and you want to strive for the next unobtainable thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Bump

These as well as Keith Cameron Smith's other 2 "Top 10 Distinction" lists(Between Millionaires and the Middle Class AND Between Entrepreneurs and Employees) are now in my wallet as laminated reference cards. In addition a printout of the "Millionaires and Middle Class" is sitting on my desktop b/w my monitor and tower ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.