The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

William Nickerson's How I Turned $1,000 into Five Million in Real Estate...

roc

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Feb 12, 2011
Pricey book since its no longer in print, however probably one of the best books I've read on REI. No fluff straight to the point, and NO UPSELL garbage.

In nut a shell the book can best be summarized as the following: buy a single or duplex and move your way up via 1031 exchanges. Great info in the book adjust the numbers for today's market and follow the principles. Roc

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I agree with roc. Straight forward, no upsell (rare these days). Summarized in roc's one sentence, and supported by case studies and analysis. Good read! But also check out those other ones I posted in the other thread.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Pricey book since its no longer in print, however probably one of the best books I've read on REI. No fluff straight to the point, and NO UPSELL garbage.

There is a new one on amzn. by the same author, but its title is "How I turned $1,000 into a Million in RE....." Do you know if this new book is the same quality as the old one? I guess he lost 4 million since he wrote the old one lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CTamme

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 27, 2012
QC, Iowa
There are several different editions.

The first is How I turned 1k into 1 million
The second is How I turned 1k into 3 million
The third is How I turned 1k into 5 million

They all have the same basic content and just have updates with the new release.

I got the second one for $10 off half.com.

It is a good read and very straight forward with lots of detail on what to look for in a single family REI. I am only 100 or so pages in though.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.