The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will this Convert... and Work? Jquery pop up.. Pics inside

Marketing, social media, advertising

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Ok so currently i need this for myself and someone else as well..i have no experience running these types of offerings so if youve tested this type of system before id love what you think on how to increase conversions..

I looked around and found this.. i really like the layout...

guy1.png

My strategy will be slightly different.... i will have multiple offers in one pop up..

guy2.png

I didnt change the text so its not relevant but you get the idea...

-The Manual on How to Get a Job in a bad economy.... CLICK HERE
-Download 10 Contacts From top recruiting firms........ CLICK HERE
-Etc

So i will have a few offerings like that... first off, can i properly get analytics through jquery? Will it show which button has been clicked? These are not all my personal offerings (not going to my other domains) and may be redirected to an outside source(affiliate) which id like to track on my end.

So again:

1) Feedback If you have done this before
2) Suggestions
3) Can it be properly tracked in jquery fancybox whatever?

Thanks in advance guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread moved as well.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I was thinking that the whole time but started to say well what if one person wouldent want this but want that... I will read that tomorrow it looks lengthy.. thank you.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
There's scientific evidence that the more choices you offer, the worse the conversion gets.

This.

Here is a really quick breakdown:

There was a man selling jams at a store.

1st Day of Selling

The man had laid out 40 different jams because he wanted to give people all the choices in the world. He wanted them to choose whichever jam was best for them.

He made almost no sales that day.

2nd day of selling:

The man showcased only 3 different types of jams.

That day he made a killing.

Moral of the story is that, when people have too many choices they leave (this is even more true for people on the internet). When you guide them and make their choice easy, they take action.

IMO, choose the 3 best/most fitting calls to action with regards to your visitors interests/needs.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I'd say three offers sounds fair at least at first to see which one out performs others than ditch the other two but of they all aell i would leave. Btw before this pop up I got their email.... So if they don't buy right there how should I follow up with three offers ... all in one email? .. Or one at a time... I guess another reason why multiple sucks, more to track/optimize conversions.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
I'd say three offers sounds fair at least at first to see which one out performs others than ditch the other two but of they all aell i would leave. Btw before this pop up I got their email.... So if they don't buy right there how should I follow up with three offers ... all in one email? .. Or one at a time... I guess another reason why multiple sucks, more to track/optimize conversions.

Just test all 3 against e-mail sign-ups and follow up offers.

So test to see if you sell right away.

If you notice way more opt-ins vs. sales then focus on that.

If you want to sell your opt-ins I wouldn't send them offers right away.

Why not send them an e-mail asking them what they need?

Then send them tips on that problem (make tips for all 3 scenarios)

Finally send them a super targeted offer once you already establishes value.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Gross!

Get rid of 3 offers. Give one offer. Maybe a split test of two.

If it were me telling you exactly how you should run your business (and it is...) I would say make the
offer on the main page and when they go to leave the page use the pop up to offer something else.

The thought process is that if they didn't like the thing you offered on the page they would leave and
you're basically saying "but wait, if you didn't like that, I also have this!"

We're using pop-up dominator (or whatever it's called). Some 60%+ increase in opt ins.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
I am Steve that's on an "on exit" prompt and that's not my original offer... This is not even included in my business model but was advised to do it. The idea is I have their email and I asked for their money... They go to abandon and I say but hey check these three relevant products out... They either say yes or no and if they say no ill start sending them info on those tips and eventually say hey remember those prducts? hit them with an offer or price reduction.

... Honestly I should just send them to little competitors or affiliates who already have a product and sales funnel and then Just copy theirs and make it better once i find out its working also Ill get paid obviously too so ill know exactly how much money they are making then ill create it myself and replicate their email sales funnel...

Great thread so far thanks, good info in here.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I'm confused where they are at in the sales funnel?

Formula should be content (C), and offer (O)

C, C, C, O, C, C - rinse and repeat

So bombard with content and casually say "if you've liked this, you should buy this" - then if they don't buy there (especially) you should be providing free content again. They way I think about it is building their emotional bank account with you. Every time you offer that trust goes down, every time you give content it goes up. But since offers take more makes sense to give more content.

Here are a couple more options:

When they try to leave, use the same offer but add on 3 bonuses. "But wait! - If you act now, you'll get a free CAN COOZIE!!" Stack as many cool bonuses as you can especially when they leave. This does two things. If the person purchases and wasn't expecting all the bonuses they get excited. If the person was going to cancel anyway and decided to buy because of the bonuses, you just increased conversions.

But instead of a convoluted message (like the one I'm typing now...) don't offer different options. One option. One option only.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
If someone signed up here and after mj got your email said sign up for INSIDERS now for $$.... What about when they say no and go to click out then mj says hey I see you didn't purchase the INSIDERS check out some other cool stuff... And out three offers one like a book on how to be a kick a$$ entrepreneur.... Another that was a case study on Instagram and how they did it.... I think that would work don't you? That is how I'm doing it in that order if that helps make it more clear.

Your right though Stephen ... If these sales didn't work I'd say hey I see your leaving without buying .... I get it, we haven't had enough time together click "send" now and check your email in about 10 minutes I'm going to send you a really cool ebook for free ....then I'd start the content process to upsell my original product eventually.

TheTruth

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 13, 2012
Toronto/Scottsdale
If someone signed up here and after mj got your email said sign up for INSIDERS now for $$.... What about when they say no and go to click out then mj says hey I see you didn't purchase the INSIDERS check out some other cool stuff... And out three offers one like a book on how to be a kick a$$ entrepreneur.... Another that was a case study on Instagram and how they did it.... I think that would work don't you? That is how I'm doing it in that order if that helps make it more clear.

Your right though Stephen ... If these sales didn't work I'd say hey I see your leaving without buying .... I get it, we haven't had enough time together click "send" now and check your email in about 10 minutes I'm going to send you a really cool ebook for free ....then I'd start the content process to upsell my original product eventually.

If they didn't want your first product, why would they want to buy another one from you?

I think what Stephen is getting at is that you need to convince them that they want to buy from you.

If you give them some awesome information that blows their mind, they will think "hmm if his free content was that great, then I can't wait to see what his paid content has"

If you try to sell them and they say no, then you say "but wait, I have more things I can sell you, wanna check them out?" would still put you in a position of them not trusting you or your products.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
My original product is a membership access like this forums "INSIDERS" that's why... I don't offer a product notice here is an ebook AND INSIDERS? It's an access I figured if they don't want access then maybe want a product but I definitely see everyone's point I'm not being resistant towards everyone's advice just trying to explain the situation, thank you.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Still trying to wrap my head around everything you told me...

So this pop-up will appear at the time of sign up following 1 of 2 conditions:

Condition #1 - End-user exists the sign/module and/or payment gateway. Therefore, the pop-up will appear.

Assuming that you are saying this, I think that this makes a ton of sense. In a perfect world you wouldn't need to do this because every single user will sign up. But the last time I checked, the world is not perfect. I'm not 6'9 and 250 LBS - I would have been playing pro-hockey in that perfect world. Based on what I know about all of this, it seems as though your assumption is that it's impossible to convert every single lead on your payment gateway, therefore you can at least try to increase your ROI (or whatever it's called) by taking another crack at them with the affilate pop-up.

Condition #2:

End-user follows through on the sign-up - now that pop-up appears. Is that correct? Again, this makes sense to do to. If you are selling horse shit to someone on your site, then why not find an affiliate who can sell them a mask, and another that can sell them the gloves?

* I could still be misunderstanding what you are saying.

But finally, this leads me to something that I was saying before to you. Why not strategically place a link to this pop-up somewhere on your site.

For example - You could place a link on the user's profile, which says "Click here to crack the code to wealth". The user (which could either be a registered user or someone viewing the users profile) clicks the link and the pop-up appears.

So then you will have all of your bases covered. If user makes an exist, if user continues through sign-up, and while user is interacting on your site.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
Yes John that is correct. What they are saying is it may not work... So if they don't buy your original product at the payment gatewa when they leave don't try to sell them skmething else but give them something for free... Then follow up with an email to sell product 1 again. If you try to sell them twice your lowing your trust and if you don't sell them any of these other offers your never getting anything out of them because you've looked like an aggressive salesman. Everyone has valid points and there is only one way to find out now... Testing. Th only problem is you won't know if your not selling the affiliate offers because its a bad strategy or just a bad product/not relevant.... Going to need some decent traffic to test what works and what doesn't... And it won't be cheap a few $k to get a google gauge.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Yes John that is correct. What they are saying is it may not work... So if they don't buy your original product at the payment gatewa when they leave don't try to sell them skmething else but give them something for free... Then follow up with an email to sell product 1 again. If you try to sell them twice your lowing your trust and if you don't sell them any of these other offers your never getting anything out of them because you've looked like an aggressive salesman. Everyone has valid points and there is only one way to find out now... Testing. Th only problem is you won't know if your not selling the affiliate offers because its a bad strategy or just a bad product/not relevant.... Going to need some decent traffic to test what works and what doesn't... And it won't be cheap a few $k to get a google gauge.

Okay, I got it. Makes a lot more sense now.

Great thread

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
You're right about offering other products but that would come later in the e-mail
sequence me thinks.

So you get them to opt-in, content, content content, make the offer to join the INSIDERS
dealie, they have two options, sign up or not. If not, stack on bonuses, if not again then
you funnel them into your cheaper products, if not again then you funnel them into your
affiliate offers.

So your pop up (in my humble opinion) should be giving them extra bonuses for signing
up. If they decide not to sign up, you follow up through e-mail.

Did you say you had an e-book? Maybe offer the e-book for a ridiculously low price and
have the upsell video after they purchase that. "since you got the ebook you should really
get this too"

But yeah in the end people don't buy only for 3 reasons, don't want it, don't have the money,
don't trust you. (incidentally the no money thing just means they don't want it bad enough)

So in the end they don't purchase it because they don't want it or they don't trust you enough
so your job when they try to leave the site is to either build trust or make them want it more
(bonuses).. or both...

Not sure I'm making any sense... rough night... can't wait for some turkey!!!! Happy thanksgiving :)

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
1) Feedback If you have done this before

No, but from personal experience, as a site visitor, too much choice often ends up like no choice for me.
Even if I like the offering, it becomes too overwhelming so I leave it all for later (usually never)

2) Suggestions

Test both approaches. Would be cool to let us know the results.

3) Can it be properly tracked in jquery fancybox whatever?

Not sure that fancybox and the likes have any tracking in them, but it can be added easily enough.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
So you get them to opt-in, content, content content, make the offer to join the INSIDERS
dealie, they have two options, sign up or not. If not, stack on bonuses, if not again then
you funnel them into your cheaper products, if not again then you funnel them into your
affiliate offers.

This is really solid advice, your right but i only have one product which is something like INSIDERS membership so maybe i should follow up with content and acknowledge in the email they didnt pay....then give them 2 or 3 more emails of really solid content over a weeks time... THEN hit them hard with a 20-30% off INSIDERS PLUS something cool (audio book for iphone--only if you buy) on the 4th email

If i dont get them at that point, then i will go through the affiliate funnel.

This all sounds easy in theory haha but im terrible with email campaigns so this is a lot to take in.

So your pop up (in my humble opinion) should be giving them extra bonuses for signing
up. If they decide not to sign up, you follow up through e-mail.

Makes sense especially now.. so on exit i could have something that says "Ok i see your leaving without becoming an INSIDERS.... One more thing before you leave I want to give you:

My TOP 5 TIPS on How to Create a Successful Business FREE.. >>> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD <<<

So now when i go to follow up in a day or two i will have built some trust with them already.

Aright well i appreciate everything from everyone, i think its time i apply this and stop talking about it because at the end of the day that is how you find out.... Ok lets see what happens and if nothing does... i will just give up on making money via email... Jk, i thought i was one of those newbies here for a second.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Biggest mistake in the book ...

"Don't buy from them because they are flawed, but from me because I'm better".

They are using about the same arguments - 10 years of experience, millions in income so you should find a better lead.

Mistakes in your squeeze page:
-> thousands of dollars. Give a price number.
-> a limited time - give a reason why, why a limited time.
-> why are you giving them away free? It's called reason why advertising for a reason :)
-> created products - what products, how many?
-> It doesn't pass the "so what" test.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.